MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't know what to think or say :( all I know that Dad story make no sense to me :(

very very sad

Have we heard any account of yet of how dad claims he got in touch with his internet friend to get the boys?

http://www.freep.com/article/201011...t-issued-for-3-boys-missing-in-Lenawee-County

Police said the father, John Skelton, 39, attempted suicide by trying to hang himself Friday.
>>

The children’s mother had recently filed for divorce and the boys had been visiting Skelton over the holiday, police said. They said Skelton told them he asked Joann Taylor to return the kids to their mother in Lenawee County.
>>

Police said Skelton has been hospitalized since his suicide attempt. A friend of the boys’ grandparents said Skelton is a long-haul truck driver.
>>

In addition to the Morenci Police Department, agents with the FBI and Michigan State Police officials are involved in the investigation.

I am getting even more sad over the plight of these three boys as it seems there is no news and nothing is making sense. I so hope it isn't what it feels like right now.

Praying for the boys.

FoxToledo is tweeting updates

Latest is father in mental institution & maybe fabricating story
Underwear found didn't belong to any of the kids
People searching park & natural area

http://twitter.com/#!/FOXToledo

I am getting even more sad over the plight of these three boys as it seems there is no news and nothing is making sense. I so hope it isn't what it feels like right now.

Praying for the boys.

I am so with you :hug:
It doesn't make sense at all. If dad wanted to commit suicide, why wouldn't he wait until the boys were back with mom after the holiday? And he "attempted to hang himself?" This whole thing just doesn't make sense :(
Where are you cute little boys?

Update

Volunteer searchers found keys, duct tape and a pair of underwear Saturday, but police said the underwear does not belong to any of the missing children.

At a news conference Saturday evening, police revealed the possibility that John Skelton, the boys’ father, may have fabricated his story.

The father is currently in a mental health institution, police said.

The FBI has called in a forensic child abduction unit to assist in the search. Michigan State Police and the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office are also assisting Morenci police in the search.

Late Saturday afternoon, family members and friends in Morenci combed areas where the boys' father is known to hunt, as well as a park.

Nearly 50 people searched along Bean Creek, Wakefield Park and the Riverside Natural Area all day Saturday.

"We got a lot of people who care and want to help," volunteer Bill Foster said.

"We just hope they're somewhere safe and warm playing video games," Carol Garcia said.

They planned to search an area near a cemetery in the evening, FOX Toledo has learned.

Snipped from http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Morenci-Police-searching-for-missing-boys

It sounds like there's no clear information about when these boys actually were last seen... some sources state they were last seen on Friday afternoon (some even specify 'around 2:30') ... but then a couple sources have said that the father gave the boys to Joann sometime 'late Thursday night or early Friday'

It would be good to have some specifics on the last time the boys were actually seen by anyone else besides dad, and what dad said about giving the boys to Joann... and when LE actually entered the picture. (I'm not trying to pry into the details of the man's suicide attempt, just the timeline of when he says the kids went with Joann, and when LE actually first talked to him).

(btw, I don't mean this to sound like I actually think the boys are with someone named Joann- I just would like some clarity on dad's alleged story so that we can work from there!)
All JMO, as always

Also I wanted to say THANK YOU to the 50 searchers out there looking for these babies.

Update

Volunteer searchers found keys, duct tape and a pair of underwear Saturday, but police said the underwear does not belong to any of the missing children.

At a news conference Saturday evening, police revealed the possibility that John Skelton, the boys’ father, may have fabricated his story.

The father is currently in a mental health institution, police said.

The FBI has called in a forensic child abduction unit to assist in the search. Michigan State Police and the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office are also assisting Morenci police in the search.

Late Saturday afternoon, family members and friends in Morenci combed areas where the boys' father is known to hunt, as well as a park.

Nearly 50 people searched along Bean Creek, Wakefield Park and the Riverside Natural Area all day Saturday.

"We got a lot of people who care and want to help," volunteer Bill Foster said.

"We just hope they're somewhere safe and warm playing video games," Carol Garcia said.

They planned to search an area near a cemetery in the evening, FOX Toledo has learned.

Snipped from http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Morenci-Police-searching-for-missing-boys

This may sound a little out-there, but, reading this first statement about the underwear-- all of a sudden I had a weird feeling that maybe we should be a little worried about this Joann lady... as in, for her safety as well. Hopefully that's just as far-fetched as it sounds, but I had the eeriest feeling grab me when I read that!

Any word on who found the father after he tried to commit suicide, and where he was found?

Mom recently filed for divorce- a holiday- suicide attempt by dad- gave away his 3 boys- I think dad did something to the kids and than botched his own suicide. How often do these cretins do this?????? Here's hoping the kids are OK.

underwear...sounds like man,older boy not female????
It is so bitter cold here in PA. Last night winds and below freezing.
I am thinking Michigan is even worse. Hyperthermia...............
What did this man do with these dear boys?????

Any word on who found the father after he tried to commit suicide, and where he was found?

The foxtoledo station reported that Mom called LE when the boys did not arrive at her house by 3pm on Friday. I assumed that LE went over to dad's house then.

(IF LE are the ones who found him, the timing of his attempt is interesting to say the least. However, he may have already been in hospital by the time LE came to look for the boys.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member