MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if the boys belongings that they brought with them (clothes, toys, etc ) are still at the house or if they are missing as well?

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to WebSleuths. Joined during the Shaniya times, and then quickly had to take a break.

This one is an odd one, no doubt. The father's story, IMHO, has no credibility, but the question is why he is making it up and what he is hiding.

We know that previously, he took the boys to Florida, where his mother lives. Their mother quickly filed in court and had them returned. So that was not successful. In those circumstances, is it more likely that he would move to harming the boys and trying to hide it, or that he would try another way of moving the boys away from their mother, and then try to create a significant smokescreen so it would not immediately be detected? I'm leaning towards the latter (and hoping for it, as well, because like everyone else here I want the boys to be safe).

So, if he did do this - dropped them off and had someone pick them up, to keep them away from their mother, who else knows about it? His mother sounds pretty sure that the boys are okay (although, she may just need to believe this in any event). Anyone else?

The flaw in this theory, of course, is that creating suspicion that you harmed and possibly even killed your children seems like a pretty desperate way to get them away from the other parent. Is there any evidence that there were any other legal issues around custody/access for the boys?

Just my thoughts. Prayers for the boys!

You should post more often. Interesting points.

Trying to think of possible scenarios other than the obvious (Which I'm praying isn't true). Since this guy was a trucker, could he have convinced someone-maybe another trucker - that his kids were in danger (wife is an SO) and passed off the kids to them? A highway would be an easy place to pull a switch, kids wouldn't be scared since it would seem like an "adventure" in a big truck.....I know it's far fetched, but I don't want to face the alternative.

I'm really glad this story has gone nationwide since long haul truckers could miss local news.

And here is a close up of the pond that looks to be isolated, yet right beside the road.

That's a good find. You can see from a distance there is a horseshoe shaped path worn from 2 sections on 20 back to the lake. And close to the park. I would bet my life he has been to that park more than a few times. Anyone I knew that lived up there had been there many times.

Did he have his own semi? If so, where is it? Did he have it garaged since he's been out of work? How long has he been out of work? What areas did he travel to when he was working? Did he have a regular route or was he a for hire driver that drove all over?

Trying to think of possible scenarios other than the obvious (Which I'm praying isn't true). Since this guy was a trucker, could he have convinced someone-maybe another trucker - that his kids were in danger (wife is an SO) and passed off the kids to them? A highway would be an easy place to pull a switch, kids wouldn't be scared since it would seem like an "adventure" in a big truck.....I know it's far fetched, but I don't want to face the alternative.

I'm really glad this story has gone nationwide since long haul truckers could miss local news.

I'd love to think that could be possible, but the broken ankle is bugging me to the point that I can't help but think he hurt himself while disposing of them.

One search group on Monday afternoon will start in Holiday City and will travel south on State Rt. 15 to State Rt. 20A East to West Unity, Corporal Paterson said. Another group will start at the intersection of U.S. 20 and U.S. 127 and will go south until they reach West Unity.

The corporal said they have been told to report anything suspicious to the firefighters and other law enforcement officials who are traveling with them.

http://toledoblade.com/article/20101129/NEWS16/11280359/0/NEIGHBORS04

the hanging...
It's been said that it wasn't a real attempt, but a gesture instead.. but what if he really did try and it got botched.. would explain the broken ankle possibly

He ties a noose.. but maybe not a good enough one or maybe not with something sturdy...

He puts it around his neck and falls, jumps, kicks the box out form under himself (you get the point) hangs for a second, and then the noose knot slips, he lands on the ankle and breaks it, or whatever he used to hang himself with breaks (thin rope, tie) whatever he used and he falls on the ankle.... if it wasn't a true attempt I cannot see the psych ward keeping him this long..... they are pretty good at ferreting out real attempts and attention getting behavior..
Just my take on it....

Have you seen this van?

skeltonvan.jpg

Investigators have reason to believe the boys were inside this van at some point after their disappearance, and that the minivan had been on the Ohio Turnpike at the time in question.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=547299

Why can't they release better pictures of the van, from different angles, and a picture of the father? The public needs to see better pictures of this van, I think.

the hanging...
It's been said that it wasn't a real attempt, but a gesture instead.. but what if he really did try and it got botched.. would explain the broken ankle possibly

He ties a noose.. but maybe not a good enough one or maybe not with something sturdy...

He puts it around his neck and falls, jumps, kicks the box out form under himself (you get the point) hangs for a second, and then the noose knot slips, he lands on the ankle and breaks it, or whatever he used to hang himself with breaks (thin rope, tie) whatever he used and he falls on the ankle.... if it wasn't a true attempt I cannot see the psych ward keeping him this long..... they are pretty good at ferreting out real attempts and attention getting behavior..
Just my take on it....

It is a good place to have him until they can arrest him. I'd think the professionals could diagnose him with enough of a problem to hold him.

If it was a genuine attempt at suicide that frightens me as it lends more credence to my belief that he has done the unforgivable.

I love my wife. May God an Tanya forgive me.

If the attempt was real and not a gesture for sympathy then that line above makes total sense to me if those beautiful babies are dead. Asks God's forgiveness for that and the impending suicide. Asks Tanya's forgiveness for murdering her children.

I am sincerely hoping that some posters who think the children are hidden away some place and the suicide bid a hoax to cover tracks are right. I just don't think it likely.

Why can't they release better pictures of the van, from different angles, and a picture of the father? The public needs to see better pictures of this van, I think.

I totally agree. There have been a few pictures of the father released, but not many good ones of the van (just the one of the license plate).

the hanging...

Just my take on it....

Point taken. It's plausible that he drove however many miles, dropped the boys off either alone or transferred to a someone else, drove all the way back home and then decided to take his own life. That scenario just isn't sitting right with me for some reason.

Peeples, whether or not there is reason to believe he is a danger to himself, there is reason to believe he may be a danger to others since his children are missing/endangered. If they've got him on a 72 hour hold, it's probably just about up though....then what?

There will be a press conference today at 5:00 EST with the latest updates in the case. It will be carried live on the news in these parts, but if you live out of the area and want to watch lives stream, here's the link to WDIV TV, Channel 4, Detroit:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/index.html

It sounds like they have pretty specific information given the area they have moved the search to. He must be talking. I wonder, however, if LE is really placing the public in locations that are most likely to contain evidence? This morning, LE didn't want the public's help, and now, they are bringing them down in buses?? :waitasec:

For what it is worth he does seem to know people in WAUSEON, Ohio, from his MSP page.
In addition, he has an odd Blog poem he wrote.
Moreover, I am sure LE is all over this and completely checked them out.
http://www.myspace.com/bonesdoesit

Here's a new update from The Detroit News:

Pioneer, Ohio— A search for three missing brothers from Morenci has turned ominous this afternoon. Investigators are combing through 18 miles of roadway in Fulton and Williams counties in Ohio in the belief John Skelton may have left his sons there.

Fire Chief Scott Damon of Cambridge Township, Mich., told a group of firefighters preparing to search that the Morenci father "may have just dumped them on the road."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101129...-dumped’-kids-on-the-road#ixzz16hsh5Tvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member