MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im local here....If you go straight out Central Ave. (route 20) past County Road 16 , the very next road past 16 that is County road 108 (there is a sharp curve there and also a Valero Gas Station )..., leading you into Morenci...just passed 108 ,hang a sharp right at the valero gas station....there are literally tens of trucks, paramedics, fire trucks, police, people etc. searching the woods. Way back. Flashlights, searchlights. No one is reporting this, but they are searching after dark back there. ALOT of people. Does not look good. This area is heavily wooded and it backs up to Morenci. Interestingly, one side of the street is Ohio and the other side Is Michigan..if the poor boys are there...could be why there seems to be an extradition problem maybe??

Thank you for the update. I keep looking at maps and could tell that Morenci must be very close to the state line but didn't realize that it was that close. I live north of Detroit.

I tried to follow jashrema's directions and couldn't make any sense out of them. lol

Are you local to Morenci or Holiday City? Some of the roads you mentioned see to be Holiday City.

These county roads are an absolute nightmare and Central Ave in Morenci only goes a short distance. I am thinking jash is maybe in Holiday City?

I don't know for sure, but Morenci is such a small community that it's doubtful they have a hospital that would accept psychiatric patients. To the best of my knowledge of that area, Jackson is the closest Michigan city that has major medical facilities, and it's about the same distance from Morenci as Toledo, Ohio. There are also medical facilities in Adrian.

Thanks for responding! I guess that if Morenci is kind of a "border" town it wouldn't be too far fetched to cross into Ohio to go to a hospital.

You'll have to forgive me... I live in Los Angeles (although I have family that I visit often in PA) it takes at least two to three hours to escape this state.

These county roads are an absolute nightmare and Central Ave in Morenci only goes a short distance. I am thinking jash is maybe in Holiday City?

And County Rd. 108 is at the Toledo Express Airport.

snipped

Not likely. These are very small towns in this area... couple hundred people, a gas station and a post office. The closest large hospital is probably the Toledo area.

(speculation, as I've never been to Morenci, but I know the general area)

Thanks CrimsonClover...

And County Rd. 108 is at the Toledo Express Airport.

But jash said county rd 16 to county rd 108 - then by the Valero Gas Station. Wonder if maybe the base city to start with would be Montelier? And I am directionally challenged at the best of times.

ETA: And jash said it was right on the border of Mi and Oh

This is probably nothing, but can any locals give any information on this?

I googled "joann truck stop ohio" yesterday and this came up http://www.naglecompanies.com/history.asp. "Our parents, Ed and Joanne, opened the terminal in the Spring of 1977 at the Union 76 truck stop at I-280 and Exit 5 of the Ohio turnpike." They are located in Walbridge, OH now. I dismissed it as being far off course, but it's been nagging at me all night and today.

Has anyone heard what trucking company he worked for, or had worked for in the past?

It is located about an hour away from Morenci, which would fit into that three hour window. It is also near Toledo, which is where he is now, correct? Closer to the crime so he can be "in the know"? After watching how MH lead LE in the opposite direction that his victims were left in Ohio, I was wondering maybe JT thought to do the same thing?? I know many of us are worried he may have put the boys in an empty trailer. If anyone is local, is this a busy area, or rural? I can't remember which toll road the blue van was seen on, can he get there from that toll road?

I just had to post it because it has been driving me nuts since yesterday.

The rest of this sleepy town of about 2,000 people has come to a virtual standstill to focus on finding the Skelton brothers. City Hall is closed through the weekend, and literally hundreds of new volunteers show up here every day.
http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/Search_Continues_for_Missing_Boys_as_Fears_Rise_111152744.html

The response from the town of Morenci is the response that we should have every time a child goes missing, in any town, in any state, anywhere in the world. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to volunteer, thank you to the donor of the reward money, and thank you to the town of Morenci for realizing that these kids are important and need to have the focus on them.

A couple whose three sons have been missing since Thanksgiving had bickered over custody as they negotiated their divorce, but they still did things together as a family.

On the Sunday before Thanksgiving, John and Tanya Skelton took their boys to the United Methodist Church in Morenci to help decorate it and a nearby park for the Christmas season.

"Andrew said to me, 'With the park all lit up and church all lit up, we're going to light up the town,'" the Rev. Donna Galloway, who also serves as the chaplain for the Morenci Fire Department, said Wednesday.

"It was a good day, it was a family day, for all of us at the church. That light — and the season of light — is what we're holding on to," Galloway said.

That was the first time Galloway saw the whole family together.
~snip~
Police say Tanya Skelton's family has asked for their privacy.

Galloway said she has spoken with Tanya Skelton since the boys' disappearance, and that she thinks it's absurd when people ask how Skelton's doing.

"How would you be doing?" Galloway said. "She wants her boys home. We all want her boys home. She's a mom."

Adam Johnson, who lives next door to John Skelton, said Wednesday that he was among the last people to see the boys. He and his wife, Gail, had company over and were putting coolers on the back porch.

"Two of the boys were playing out back. They called to me and I said 'hi,'" said Johnson, 69.

Whatever might have happened last week, Johnson said he never saw anything that concerned him.

"He seemed to be very caring around the boys — I never saw him really yell at the boys," said Johnson, who owns a local hardware store with his wife.

Johnson said he often saw the boys playing loudly and happily on bikes, in a backyard playhouse and even in the dirt. The Skelton family also liked to gather for outdoor barbeques, he said.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said John Skelton hasn't said much about where the boys might be, and that he was no longer speaking to investigators. Asked whether he thought the children had been killed, Weeks said he refused to believe that "at this point."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-01/father-of-3-missing-boys-fights-return-to-mich-.html

I googled "joann truck stop ohio" yesterday and this came up http://www.naglecompanies.com/history.asp. "Our parents, Ed and Joanne, opened the terminal in the Spring of 1977 at the Union 76 truck stop at I-280 and Exit 5 of the Ohio turnpike." I dismissed it as being far off course, but it's been nagging at me all night and today.

Has anyone heard what trucking company he worked for, or had worked for in the past?

It is located about an hour away from Morenci, which would fit into that three hour window. It is also near Toledo, which is where he is now, correct? Closer to the crime so he can be "in the know"? After watching how MH lead LE in the opposite direction that his victims were left in Ohio, I was wondering maybe JT thought to do the same thing?? I know many of us are worried he may have put the boys in an empty trailer. If anyone is local, is this a busy area, or rural? I can't remember which toll road the blue van was seen on, can he get there from that toll road?

Jen Im a local. That truck stop is to far away. From everything that has been report. Along with all the unconfirm info going around. I know the Nagels and I know people who have worked @ that truckstop and didn't know the Nagels started it. Thanks for the information.

Jen Im a local. That truck stop is to far away. From everything that has been report. Along with all the unconfirm info going around. I know the Nagels and I know people who have worked @ that truckstop and didn't know the Nagels started it. Thanks for the information.

Thank you!! Now it won't bug the heck out of me LOL!

trying to post the Valero Gas Station

U S 20 Main Stop
17980 US Highway 20, Fayette, OH 43521-9722

(419) 452-6609 ‎

can't get the map up, HELP please Elepher or someone

Coming up on HLN: Jane Velez-Mitchell will cover the case of the missing Skelton brothers.

I think I've got it.

From Toledo... W Central Ave. labelled as 120 and 20.
Head west until you see the county roads. Numbered from 1-16, then you'll see #108. There is a Valero gas station on the corner. Continue west a bit and you'll see the road veer north (sharp right).

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour....695475,-84.219475&spn=0.110746,0.340576&z=12

And then you see if the OP had just said straight south of Morenci on South East St. it would have been easier to find.

n/m

JVM said JS "looked like a pathetic mess" in court..can't imagine why a father wouldn't help to find his missing sons.

Now she's talking about a "dumpster" song that JS wrote years ago...now she's calling it a poem-- said it was found on what's believed to be his MS page...she's reading the poem (about boy in dumpster).

I googled "joann truck stop ohio" yesterday and this came up http://www.naglecompanies.com/history.asp. "Our parents, Ed and Joanne, opened the terminal in the Spring of 1977 at the Union 76 truck stop at I-280 and Exit 5 of the Ohio turnpike." They are located in Walbridge, OH now. I dismissed it as being far off course, but it's been nagging at me all night and today.

I think, JMO of course, that if he had traveled further than the towns they have been currently searching, his cell phone would have pinged off another/different tower. Unless of course he turned it off. I'm thinking that they're focusing on this area because of the cell phone pings/toll roads info...and have a general idea of how far he may have traveled.

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/skelto...ers-chilling-myspace-entry-from-some-time-ago

MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - Action News uncovered another chilling detail in the case of the missing Morenci boys, a MySpace entry by their father, John Skelton, from some time ago - a poem titled “The Dumpster.”

It reads: I’m cold and alone in this metal room with plastic bags and a worn out broom – nobody hears my call for you come back mommy ‘cause I need you.

More @ link.

I know...these county roads and state routes are remarkably confusing. Central Ave (that's what the locals in the Toledo and Surrounding areas call it) is also known as Route 20. It starts in Toledo, and runs East to West for a LOOOOONG time! lol. Once you get into Fulton County Ohio, the Roads that run north to south are called "County ROADS" and they are numbered. Each number represents a mile. So County Road 1, 2, 3, 4, so on....pass all the county roads and the next road past County road 16 is 108. At 108 there is a rather sharp curve, (the gas station is there) and it leads you into Morenci. For instance, the gas station would be in the area "behind" Morenci. We're talking fields and woods here, can't really county it off in blocks. This is farming community and such. The searchers were on the left side (MICHIGAN SIDE) far off the road, deep into the woods, with flashlights and searchlights. Was unable to see anything except the vehicles on the sides of the road and such as everyone was off into the woods. The woods that they were searching little back up to Morenci's boundary. Did not notice who was there and who wasn't, dogs and such. As I said, there were just many, many vehicles and you could see lights in the woods sweeping about. There were NO news vehicles or anything tho...sirens weren't on, some were flashing but that was probably for safety as it is blacker than the ace of spades out there and COLD tonite. I just found it odd that they were searching after dark and it was obviously just LE, not search parties as they had all been called off for the day...I will keep you abreast of the situation.

The news people are waaaay behind. I myself commented on "The Dumpster" poem on his website a couple days ago!! He wrote it 3 years ago in his truck so he says. I felt that it was an apparent throw back to HIS childhood....which could explain ALOT.

sorry I didn't post directions in another way like OP suggested. But when you live in Toledo, that's how we say things! lol...go straight out central, blah blah....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave