MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to think about it from his twisted point of view....right now, he has all the power. He is running the cops around like chess pieces just because he can. Right now, I believe, only he knows where those boys are buried. Basically, in his mind, he has them now and she doesn't. And I don't think he'll ever give that up. He doesn't want her to have them at all, even if it is only to bury them.

I agree... and sadly my mind goes back to some of the cases in our missing but not forgotten discussion forum. I can't think of case specifics but am thinking of one out of Arizona. IIRC one of the two missing children were found in a storage locker. The other has never been found. And I think the case goes back to the 90's. I'd have to do some digging.

I pray that is not the case here, but it has started to cross my mind slowly now that we know LE is going to basically start from scratch at the end of the week regarding searches.

jmo

As I posted in the Mt. Vernon case, if you know a hunter....
Please, please ask them to check their deer cams and pics!!!

Please, let's find these 3 boys soon!

good am,..how crazy would it be to up and think that the kids are gone(but stashed away) and he was gonna to connect with them and start a new life with new identities to never be found. or something like that. but someone found JS and not knowin the whole story maybe he was drunk or stoned brought him in to the hospital thinkin he tried to do something to himself. i can't explain what i am trying to get out. to early in the am lol....just seems with no clues or evidence they might be waitin for him somewheres.... have a good day everyone...off to work. hope they find them today.

Well slap me silly. Just did a reverse address lookup on the listed RSO address for TS which is on Maple Drive, Morenci.
TS appears to be living with daughter Brittany and her husband J. Taylor.

Godspeed to the searchers as dawn breaks and may these 3 precious boys be found.

This seems odd? But who knows?
TS and her first husband divorced with several rental properties?
The daughter is the one that told on her, with the boy in the RSO charge.
I would of thought they would sort of been at odds with each other? Maybe not?
The girls would of only been 11 & 7 then.

"Her then-husband, Brent Derby, filed for divorce in August 1998 after being told by the couple's two daughters, Brittany, now 23, and Courtney, now 19, about their mother's meetings with the youth.

She pleaded guilty to one count of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct and was serving time in Scott Correctional Facility when she and her ex-husband were sued by the youth's parents.
They claimed he had suffered post-traumatic stress and required treatment.
Although Brent Derby claimed he had no knowledge of his wife's affair, the lawsuit was settled when he agreed to pay the youth's family $10,000. His ex-wife also agreed to pay $20,000 to the youth's family. Court records show numerous attempts to garnishee Tanya Derby's wages. She most recently listed herself as an unemployed stay-at-home mother."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101130/METRO/11300364/Father-took-boys-away-previously#ixzz16wzJMhZh

Well slap me silly. Just did a reverse address lookup on the listed RSO address for TS which is on Maple Drive, Morenci.
TS appears to be living with daughter Brittany and her husband J. Taylor.

Godspeed to the searchers as dawn breaks and may these 3 precious boys be found.

BBM :eek:

That guy's first name isn't Joe, is it? Rather coincidental that JS claimed the mystery woman was Joann Taylor (a very common name in Michigan according to my searches). Was he trying to implicate someone in the mother's family or was he just trying to send LE on a crazy, futile wild goose chase? :furious:

BBM :eek:

That guy's first name isn't Joe, is it? Rather coincidental that JS claimed the mystery woman was Joann Taylor (a very common name in Michigan according to my searches). Was he trying to implicate someone in the mother's family or was he just trying to send LE on a crazy, futile wild goose chase? :furious:

No, the first name is not Joe - don't know what to make of the Joann Taylor story.

I read through some of the media articles last night and noticed some inconsistencies. The divorce is being reported having been filed both before and after JS took the two older kids to Florida. Needless to say both are to have occured in September. Each side is also reporting differently whether he had problems with visitation or not. My gut tells me if mom moved only walking distance away she was in fact not attempting to keep her children from their father even if he perceived so because he would no longer be with them full time.

We know he talked about suicide to at least one friend.
We know he made up the story about the female friend JT and her Pastor Husband MT and is sending LE on a wild goose chase.
We know on Wednesday he posted on FB he hoped God and Tanya would forgive him. Imo he created an account to make it appear as if Tanya was sending messages to him. I think he did so to throw those who knew him via FB off... and perhaps make them not be as concerned about the message he posted Weds.
We know he and TS live within walking distance of each other.

It makes no sense that he would call someone to bring the children to their mother when 1)it would have taken him a minute to drive to her home to drop them off and 2)if he didn't have them full time and wanted to commit suicide without the boys seeing he had numerous other options to do so when the boys where with mom. He could have hidden himself like he hid the boys and just been 'missing'....

I've changed my mind and I really do think he meant to commit suicide and that he almost certainly killed the boys. Imo, I strongly believe his plan was to murder and hide the boys and then go home to commit suicide so his wife would find him and not find the boys. It would be the ultimate pain he could have caused her by taking the secret of their location with him.

I don't know what changed his mind or why he called the friend... other than quick thinking mental illness might get him off and a quick story.

I hope LE has a lot more info coming shortly with cell pings, computer and phone records, video survellience..... and I hope they push him hard with info on no body murder charges and convictions. While they don't occur often they do happen.

I hope they are found soon so the family can have closure....
I can not stand the thought of this man thinking these three boys were his property to dispose of when his image of life didn't work as he planned.

jmo

Completely far reaching thought on the JoAnn Taylor.... and not being familiar with the area I don't know if this is reasonable. There is a town not far from Ann Arbor - east of Ann Arbor called Taylor. Could there be some clue in that? Maybe the boys are between Ann Arbor and Taylor MI? Or is that just too far reaching?

Joann Taylor is such a common name. It would be somthing that he would know would be hard to trace, hard to locate exact person. He stated she was in different town? Didnt give exact location.

The name Joann Taylor has always bothered me. It is almost like a John Smith, Judy Wilson, William Jones, Mary Jenkins... all common last names.

When ever he first revealed the name to Tanya months or years ago.. maybe used a generic name that she wouldnt be able to really track down being that he knew it was not a real person.

If I wanted to make someone think I was in communication with a person that was not real.... would I use an uncommon that is hard to track or a generic name that would be needle in a haystack to verify.

Just a thought, always has been since I first heard the name Joanne Taylor...sound like an off the top of your head name..

The media is terribly inconsistent in reporting these stories. I will even go so far as to say - Plain sloppy!
You can read something in one report, only to turn around and read the opposite in another.
It is more than aggravation, often times I feel as we are “Sluthing” the media, more so than the suspect!
The real info is in the hands of LE. Anything we would know, they know and more. Hopefully they have enough to eventually find these boy’s and bring them home.
I also believe that the searches of private property, will turn up something. The community seems to be a good and concerned one, and individuals will be looking on their own for a long time. Hunting season is likely to turn something up also.

I just keep hoping, like everyone else.

Adam Johnson, who lives next door to John Skelton, said he was among the last people to see the boys. He and his wife, Gail, had company over and were putting coolers on the back porch.
"Two of the boys were playing out back. They called to me and I said, 'Hi,'" said Johnson, 69.
Whatever might have happened last week, Johnson said he never saw anything that concerned him. He said he often saw the boys playing loudly and happily on bikes, in a backyard playhouse and even in the dirt.
"He seemed to be very caring around the boys," Johnson said. "I never saw him really yell at the boys."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/12/morenci_hometown_of_three_miss.html

For the locals in the search area....I see that it is a very rural, farming area. What kind of farms are they? Are there any livestock (hog) farms of substantial size? I hate the thought, but I am just remembering a case that there was in Northern, MI years ago. Praying the boys will be found soon.

For the locals in the search area....I see that it is a very rural, farming area. What kind of farms are they? Are there any livestock (hog) farms of substantial size? I hate the thought, but I am just remembering a case that there was in Northern, MI years ago. Praying the boys will be found soon.

Mostly corn and soybeans. There are a couple mega dairy farms closer to Hudson. One just was foreclosed or something. Verbra Hoff, I think, was the name of the farm.

Tanya Skelton, who hasn't spoken about the ordeal, is staying at her parents' home in Morenci.
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101202/METRO/12020401/Father-fights-extradition-to-Mich.#ixzz16xjQcOjE
------------------
Goes back to what I said about the media? Maybe she isn’t at her daughter & son in law’s home. Or maybe she is!
( in reference to post #43 & #64)

The above link also indicates the fund set up is to assist Tanya.

IIRC the info on the SIL and DIL's home was from a people search, not from the MSM.

Chief Weeks won’t confirm that the boy’s father, 39-year-old John Skelton has claimed he killed the boys to FBI agents because he has said so much that has turned out to be false.

The sister of John Skelton says she doesn't think authorities are giving her brother a fair shake. Forty year-old Linda Ford of Jacksonville, Florida tells the Detroit Free Press she has spoken twice with John Skelton since his failed suicide attempt Friday. Ford said authorities are trying to convince Skelton that a woman he claimed to have given the children to his an alter ego. Ford said Skelton was depressed after being fired. She plans to stand by him.
http://wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/dec/02/still-searching-missing-children/

The principal and teachers said the three boys were caring and sweet, and students in Tanner's kindergarden class drew pictures for him, The Detroit Free Press reported.
In the more than 30 years of teaching, Tanner's teacher Janet Rawlins said she had never had a sweeter student.
"I have to have hope," Rawlins told the newspaper. "I still pray every day that they find them and that they're OK."
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40468037/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member