MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by Seymour Krelborn, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SpeckledCactys

SpeckledCactys Active Member

And the only thing we we can do is wait.

2. illyana

illyana Active Member

Yes, it's possible a killer can be stupid, lazy, and callous enough to leave their victims' remains lying around in a box in storage. It's happened before:

Reyna Marroquin, left in a barrel for decades, her evil killer moved to Florida, new owners found the remains.
    Janice Hartman is another victim, murdered by her emotionless psychopath husband John Smith, kept in a box for decades.
    Australia's Snowtown

A profiler could cite many more cases.

It's stupid, but many people who commit murder have low IQs and no morality. Particularly those who get caught. So the things they do are so horrible to begin with, stupidity should not surprise us. The pop culture depiction of the serial killer or even the garden-variety murderer as some sort of genius playing chess with detectives makes great drama but it's rarer.

Most psychopaths figure this out and so never commit the overt crimes that get them in prison.

3. darthorcinus

darthorcinus Member

Here's the thing though - if this isn't the Skelton boys - who the hell could they be? I've taken a look at all the usual sites (NamUs, Doe Network, Charley Project, etc.) and there are very few missing children reported in Montana, at least on these sites. Where would we even begin in trying to figure out who these three bodies could be? :gaah:

4. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

There are a few good suggestions here if they turn out to not be the Skelton boys, right from the Brown children even to the Beaumont's. They may not be missing from MT either. The Beaumont children are unlikely imo but there are a few options when looking at the entire US. I'm still going with my first thought though when I first heard about these bodies, that they are the Skelton boys.

5. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I suppose it's also distantly possible that the father's tale of giving the kids to someone is at least partly true, and the people he gave them to were responsible for the actual deaths.

6. rob525

rob525 Well-Known Member

So if I get this right the Skelton boys were last seen at 5:00 pm on Thanksgiving night and the mother reported them missing around 3:00 pm on Friday after Thanksgiving. From what I have read JS has essentially been in custody since the boys were last seen save the 20+ hours between Thursday and Friday afternoon. I just can't wrap my mind around how they got from Michigan to Montana. Unless he dumped the boys and then contacted a friend some time later to retrieve any remains from the site. Maybe that individual has the ties to Montana and in some sick logic/act of remorse maybe JS convinced this person to hold onto the remains so that he could perform some burial service when he was released from jail.

7. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

There is no chance he gave or sold them to anyone while they were still alive. To consider that possible is to fail to understand his complete lack of a conscience and his wish to hurt the boys' mother as much as he possibly could. If he had let them live, the possibility of her getting them back would have existed; that would have been intolerable to him.

8. carbuff

I agree about his motivation, and I agree that's most likely what happened. Circumstances would seem to make it almost impossible that the bones in Montana are related. But they have to be somewhere...

9. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO MOO AFAIK etc

I agree that it's hard to imagine how this could be those 3 boys, based on the extreme distance from where those 3 were abducted to where these bones are found.

But apparently it's also a rare grouping of victims linked together, with the bones found being of 3 kids in young stair-step ages, with the approx ages being the ones that fit those kids from so far away, but apparently not aligning with any other missing group that's known.

It will be interesting to see what they ultimately learn.

10. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

Some of those sparsely populated states out west tend to attract a lot of anti-giverment, alt-right types. I could see these skeletons belonging to kids for whim birth certificates were never filed.

11. Reachingfornettles

Reachingfornettles Well-Known Member

Plenty of anti government in Michigan from what I've heard...http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/08/28_hate_groups_listed_in_michi.html ... https://www.splcenter.org/hate More than two dozen hate groups are reportedly in the state of Michigan, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

A map posted on the SPLC website lists 28 different hate groups in the state ranging from neo-nazi to black separatists to anti-LGBT rights. The majority of the groups are centered in southeast Michigan near Wayne County while a handful are located on the west coast of the state and up north. But I'm sure that all places aren't open knowledge.

Did anyone hear of any evidence coming from the van? Or is it that they just wanted to see if it was seen in Ohio/Indiana. He was calling someone during that trip for the phone to ping?

12. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

One does not have to be calling someone for their phone to ping on a tower or does it?

13. Reachingfornettles

Your right, it doesn't have to be in use.

14. Reachingfornettles

It was my understanding in an early thread that a gas station owner was asked by police if he had seen the Blue Van because JS made a phone call in that area.

15. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

My only reason to hope it is these boys is for closure for their mom. It is hard to imagine how they would have ended up this far away. But, it is not implausible.

It could end up a group of children who were never reported missing. I think if this is the case , it could take a very long time to get results.

Sigh!!

16. dustinblock

dustinblock New Member

Hi all, Dustin Block from WDIV posting. We released a new podcast today, Shattered: Black Friday, about the missing Skelton brothers. It’s hosted by Jeremy Allen and goes deep with investigators and family members to sift through old information and uncover new details. Hopefully it leads to a break in the case. You can check it out at: www.shatteredpodcast.com

The first two episodes dig into the WDIV archives to return to that horrible day in 2010, and then feature a long-form interview with Tanya, the boys’ mom. In future eps we visit Morenci, Amish country, and northern Ohio, and interview people close to the case who have never come forward. We’d love your feedback and insights.

We also have an hour-long TV special about the case on Monday (2/5/18) with some pretty incredible updates. You can watch on ClickOnDetroit.com after it airs.

17. carbuff

Thanks for letting us know!

18. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

New podcast focuses on case of missing Skelton brothers in Michigan

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-case-of-missing-skelton-brothers-in-michigan

19. HamSandwich

HamSandwich Member

20. dalsglen

dalsglen Well-Known Member

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?353816-NC-Faith-Hedgepeth-19-UNC-student-Chapel-Hill-7-Sept-2012-2