MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

…Last year John was up for parole and it was denied.
upload_2021-8-2_14-29-29.jpeg
Knowing John remained behind bars was at least some form of justice for the disappearance of Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner. Now less than a year after being denied parole, John has been once again deemed as eligible.

Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner's mother, Tanya, is now appealing to the public to write letters to John's parole board asking that they not release him until he has served the maximum years of his sentence, which is 15 years. Perhaps being kept behind bars will persuade him to finally come forward with a location of the boys.

Letters can be mailed to:
Michigan Department of Corrections
ATTN: Parole Board Victim's Coordinator
PO Box 30003
Lansing, MI 48909
Please be sure to reference:
Skelton, John Russell #812593
OR
E-mail to:
Parole-Board-Staff@michigan.gov
upload_2021-8-2_14-31-24.jpeg
Man Responsible for the Disappearance of His Three Sons Up for Parole

…Last year John was up for parole and it was denied.
View attachment 307081
Knowing John remained behind bars was at least some form of justice for the disappearance of Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner. Now less than a year after being denied parole, John has been once again deemed as eligible.

Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner's mother, Tanya, is now appealing to the public to write letters to John's parole board asking that they not release him until he has served the maximum years of his sentence, which is 15 years. Perhaps being kept behind bars will persuade him to finally come forward with a location of the boys.

Letters can be mailed to:
Michigan Department of Corrections
ATTN: Parole Board Victim's Coordinator
PO Box 30003
Lansing, MI 48909
Please be sure to reference:
Skelton, John Russell #812593
OR
E-mail to:
Parole-Board-Staff@michigan.gov
View attachment 307083
Man Responsible for the Disappearance of His Three Sons Up for Parole
He needs to man up and fess up. He's safer inside than out.
JMO

Father of 3 missing Michigan boys rejects parole hearing (detroitnews.com)

A father of three Michigan brothers missing for more than a decade won't face a parole board as planned, state officials said Friday.

An interview with John Skelton and a parole board member was scheduled this week, "but the prisoner declined the interview," Chris Gautz, a spokesman with the Michigan Department of Corrections, told The Detroit News. "The board then determined the prisoner would not be paroled and will continue to serve his time in prison.

"He will have another chance in front of the board around this time next year."...

I can't forget these boys. I pray for their mom that one day she'll be able to have answers, and have them home. I know among their friends and family they will never be forgotten, and even though I never knew them, their story touched me, and I can't forget them either.

Parole denied again.

MORENCI, Mich. (WTVG) - A man convicted of unlawful imprisonment connected to the disappearance of his three children was denied parole yet again.

According to the Michigan Department of Corrections, John Skelton was denied parole after his most recent interview. MDOC tells 13abc the board denied his parole and gave him a 12-month continuance, the longest denial he can be given under Michigan law.

Skelton will be up for parole again next year.

John Skelton was convicted of unlawful imprisonment and sentenced to 10-15 years in prison back in 2011.

Skelton’s three children Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner Skelton disappeared in November 2010. The last person believed to have seen them is their father. He didn’t return the boys to their mother the weekend they disappeared.

Creating age progressions of the boys is a waste of time because law enforcement already knows that Skelton murdered his sons at the time of their disappearance. The only reason why he hasn't been charged is that the bodies haven't been found.

He is not going to disclose their location, but he has given some clues.
In one of his interrogations, he said that he had wrapped the boys in blankets with their favorite stuffed animals and placed them behind a dumpster. I believe that that story is mostly true, but I think that he put them in the dumpster, not behind it.

At this point, it would be almost impossible to find the boys even if we knew which dumpster, and there is little chance of identifying the correct dumpster with any certainty. We know that he drove down to Ohio, and even though that area is sparsely populated, there could be quite a few dumpsters because just about every business has one.

In all likelihood, the boys will spend eternity deep in a landfill.

Last edited:
Creating age progressions of the boys is a waste of time because law enforcement already knows that Skelton murdered his sons at the time of their disappearance. The only reason why he hasn't been charged is that the bodies haven't been found.

In one of his interrogations, he said that he had wrapped the boys in blankets with their favorite stuffed animals and placed them behind a dumpster. I believe that that story is mostly true, but I think that he put them in the dumpster, not behind it.

At this point, it would be almost impossible to find the boys even if we knew which dumpster, and there is little chance of identifying the correct dumpster with any certainty. We know that he drove down to Ohio, and even though that area is sparsely populated, there could be quite a few dumpsters because just about every business has one.

bbm

IMHO the remains may be where you suggest.

The boys are playing with Kyron, Adam, Zahra, Erica, Oakley, Harmony, Classic, Cincere, Codi, Gabriel, Lisa, and too many others; Dylan, Elwyn & Mary are keeping some order.

1659879865817.png
clipart-library.com

Do we have a Memorial thread for these dear children?

jmho ymmv lrr

It's possible age progressions may be a waste of time, but in the slim chance were handed off, or until we know their fate for sure, I appreciate the them.

Let's say it's true, he did wrap the boys in blankets and place them behind or in a dumpster. Even in a sparsely populated area, he would be taking a big risk they'd be found. All it would take is one person dumpster diving or tossing something away in the dumpster to discover them. He'd also have to have an idea when pick up was to minimize the chance of discovery. The longer they stayed there, the higher the chances of being found. The dumpster outside the apartment I rented 20 years ago was picked up every Monday morning at around 5:30 am. Ask me how I know :)~
Plus, how many times have we heard of remains being found behind a dumpsters, years later. Not saying this didn't happen, it probably did, but it seems like he was taking a lot of risks and somehow got lucky.

It's possible age progressions may be a waste of time, but in the slim chance were handed off, or until we know their fate for sure, I appreciate the them.

Let's say it's true, he did wrap the boys in blankets and place them behind or in a dumpster. Even in a sparsely populated area, he would be taking a big risk they'd be found. All it would take is one person dumpster diving or tossing something away in the dumpster to discover them. He'd also have to have an idea when pick up was to minimize the chance of discovery. The longer they stayed there, the higher the chances of being found. The dumpster outside the apartment I rented 20 years ago was picked up every Monday morning at around 5:30 am. Ask me how I know :)~
Plus, how many times have we heard of remains being found behind a dumpsters, years later. Not saying this didn't happen, it probably did, but it seems like he was taking a lot of risks and somehow got lucky.
What if he put them behind or in an old dumpster on an abandoned property?

The only way they get him to talk is if they offered him a deal with no further prosecution guaranteed. I believe that he thinks at this point they will not be found. I think I would just roll the dice. Have the children declared deceased ( isn't it 7 years?) and charge him with the murder. Maybe the statements he has made at various times can be used.

We all know he didn't leave them "behind" a dumpster or hand them off to someone else.

Too bad they can't make a retroactive law that says if you disappear a child, you can be charged with a crime that has a minimum sentence of LWOP until you produce the child's location. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back