Found Deceased MI - Theresa Lockhart, 44, Portage, 18 May 2017

1. Has it been confirmed how she notified the school of her absence?
2. And on which day was she last seen?
3. I presume it was at the gym?
4. The POI's peeping tom offenses are just odd!

If I could get past the reported fact that he didn't contact the police and wouldn't cooperate or let them search the house, I'd entertain other possibilities. Then, you get into his past convictions and audio tapes of his outbursts, it's just too much for me. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Police served a warrant and searched the home of Theresa and Christopher Lockhart on June 7 and June 8. The search of the home at this time has stopped, Blue said Friday, June 9.

Searches at other areas, such as a game area adjacent to a park-and-ride near the intersection of Centre and U.S. 131 will continue, he said. Police searched there with K9s and ATVs while other investigators worked at the Lockhart home Thursday.

"There's no foot print, no nothing," he said Friday about searches in the state game area to look for signs of Lockhart.

Police are trying to control the information that's released, he said, and plan to issue news releases with any significant developments. Portage police last sent a news release on June 7, when they began a search of the Lockhart residence.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2017/06/police_find_no_footprint_nothi.html#incart_river_mobile_home

Initially I was thinking she was either hiding or harmed herself....after this much time, I believe someone else harmed her. I sure wish we knew if any evidence was found at the house.

The husband has some issues that had to be very hard to deal with as his wife. I hope she is hiding somewhere, but I fear he has done something horrible to her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

oh i agree, most likely scenario is the husband. but so much time has gone by, and after that extensive 2-day search of the house and him coming and going freely, coupled by the fact that the school has now said that yes, she talked of resignation, and yes, not resigning her contract was brought forth and the fact that she called in and missed 2 days of work but was last seen that second missed day evening @ the gym, it just
gives me a slight pause to wonder, maybe she did just take off, or maybe some stranger did grab her. i def think the husband is a little nutty and suspicious and has the history, but maybe that's also why he's acting how he has - he has to kno that even if he is innocent, he looks guilty, to everyone.

1. Has it been confirmed how she notified the school of her absence?
2. And on which day was she last seen?
3. I presume it was at the gym?
4. The POI's peeping tom offenses are just odd!

1. i don't think it's been confirmed how she notified the school, but it has been confirmed that she was seen over those days she called in
2. she was last seen at a gym yes, and i believe it was the second day evening of which she had called in (id have to go back af check the date for exacts)
4. the POI himself is very odd, agree!

I wonder if the new phone and computer purchases replaced items that may have been destroyed before police could get their hands on them? I hope not.
I hope she is found one way or another soon and if there is a responsible party he/she is dealt with swiftly!

I am stuck once again by the apparent belief on CL's part that telling everyone he totally ingnored his wife's disappearance because she had a history of mental health issues is the "normal" response.

I have experienced family members who have serious depression and anxiety issues. If they had been in a cycle where things were going poorly and they just vanished, I would totally freak out.

Nonetheless, he seems really perplexed that the police don't seem to buy that scenario.

Being a peeping Tom is always a serious charge to me......it's just the tip of the iceberg (after studying way too many true crime cases). Moo
Absolutely. Here in SE Michigan we had a highly publicized peeping Tom case a few years ago; the perp was a major creep named Christopher Filipek. I just learned that he was paroled in January, and knowing that makes me physically sick.

New article today: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/missing-teacher-husband_us_5942e900e4b01eab7a2c6d5f?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

While there is no new "real" information aside from more details about how they met and the length of the marriage, it does appear that the family is definitely questioning the lack of action on the part of the husband.

Joan Mullowney, Theresa Lockhart’s sister, said she contacted Christopher Lockhart when she heard about her sister’s disappearance.

“He wasn’t very forthcoming with information,” Mullowney told HuffPost. “To be truthful, he seemed rather lackadaisical in his attitude ... definitely not the attitude of a loving husband whose wife is missing.”

The quotes from LE make me think they may have found some kind of evidence....

“We conducted aerial searches, K9 searches and ground searches, which we are still doing,” Senior Chief Deputy John Blue of the Portage Police Department told HuffPost. Based on the information and lack of communication with the spouse ... [it] makes us suspect a homicide.

Authorities declined to comment on the audio recordings or the family’s suspicions.

They’re also tight-lipped about what they found when they served a search warrant on the Lockharts’ home last week. Detectives spent 30 hours combing through the residence, and were spotted using metal detectors in the yard.

“I don’t want to release any information as far as the results of that until we’re comfortable doing that,” Blue said.

Where can Theresa be?

As I just added Mr. Lockhart's place of employment to the map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1jaKDoDdgwb4QwG40pBtcoYqisJo something struck me as a possibility. Pizer has a lot of (hunting/fishing game preserve like land) along Portage Rd. which the public can't use for recreation or any other purpose. Could he have used the private/somewhat secure, property as part of a "hide in plain sight" attempt? My understanding is that these properties have ponds located within very dense growth (similar to the nearby State game areas).

As I just added Mr. Lockhart's place of employment to the map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1jaKDoDdgwb4QwG40pBtcoYqisJo something struck me as a possibility. Pizer has a lot of (hunting/fishing game preserve like land) along Portage Rd. which the public can't use for recreation or any other purpose. Could he have used the private/somewhat secure, property as part of a "hide in plain sight" attempt? My understanding is that these properties have ponds located within very dense growth (similar to the nearby State game areas).

That's really interesting. There's a bunch of land out there that's been private and undeveloped going back to the Upjohn days. I wonder how much and in what manner they patrol and maintain it. I assume Portage Public Safety would need either a warrant or permission from Pfizer to search it.

Portage Rd intersects with Centre St. Centre St. is a straight shot to the park and go. It would provide a good misdirection for those searching. The secluded Pfizer land (especially on the west side of Portage Rd. wouldn't be accessible to public search crews and probably somewhat difficult to obtain a search warrant for. The land is patrolled by Pfizer security but I do see cars along that stretch parked occasionally. Certainly plausable imo.

Portage Rd intersects with Centre St. Centre St. is a straight shot to the park and go. It would provide a good misdirection for those searching. The secluded Pfizer land (especially on the west side of Portage Rd. wouldn't be accessible to public search crews and probably somewhat difficult to obtain a search warrant for. The land is patrolled by Pfizer security but I do see cars along that stretch parked occasionally. Certainly plausable imo.

Agreed...can only hope LE is considering this possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back