Found Deceased MI - Tonya Jackson, 42, Ypsilanti Township, 3 May 2014

looks like someone threw the wallet out of the car. The place is probably too busy to dump a car or a body. Did the wallet have credit cards? Maybe they will find her cell phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Google maps it looks like it's a straight shot from where the wallet was found to where the note was found in the bathroom so I would say this is likely.

looks like someone threw the wallet out of the car. The place is probably too busy to dump a car or a body. Did the wallet have credit cards? Maybe they will find her cell phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update article from WDIV:

...Jackson's credits cards and bank accounts have not been used in more than a year. However, her name was found written on a napkin in a Steak and Shake restaurant in Ohio along with a man's name and the description of a red Chevrolet Cavalier. Nothing has ever come from that mysterious note...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/missing-ypsilanti-womans-id-found-at-ford-lake/33226684

Search dogs comb lakeshore for signs of missing woman
635683224286344012-IMG-TonyaJackson.jpg-1-1-EPATBIH1-L618198271.JPG

I hope she is found safe. My son lived in Ypsilanti when he was in college. Some areas are safe and others not so much. They don't give much detail about where she was going when last seen or about what her usual habits are.

How is Ypsilanti pronounced? TIA

Yip - si - lan - tee. Hope this helps. (short i sound in second syllable).

Maybe the note was a hoax all together. It could just be a prank by some knucklehead that read this thread on Websleuths. There wouldn't be any way to do a handwriting analysis if it was scribbled on toilet paper.

I agree with Hejlena up there in post #21. If the guy she met at the bar has been interviewed and cleared, and the police know his whereabouts, then who else would have run off with her that night ?

Another thing, if she has the freedom to be in a public place and go into the bathroom and write notes, why wouldn't she have the freedom to walk up to a big group of guys in the restaurant and ask for help ?

So many of these cases lately have ended up in suicides involving water. I don't know what the draw is about water, but a whole lot of these cases have ended up there lately.

I think the note was a hoax, but her fate is still open ended.

I used to live in that area; specifically Rawsonville / Ford Lk. Someone said upthread that you couldn't dispose of a body / wallet by car by tossing it out there. I beg to differ. People just look the other way even when they do see something. Trust me, this isn't the best place to live (this specific area). It used to be nice but it went way downhill. On the day I was attacked in that building (by a group of men) they also stabbed someone in the elevator and beat up an old woman in the parking lot. No one did a damned thing.

FWIW My own bias opinion. (disclosure above).

Now, having said all that - she could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Planned / unplanned. ***** happens every day in Ypsi. (and Romulus too).

"Evans said that Tonya Jackson works at the Center For Forensic Psychiatry"

googling it looks like they do a lot of competency evaluations prior to trials. Yikes at the case that popped up first. I'm sure (I hope) that they have checked the patient lists for the name JS. Maybe he could be someone she ran into there?

I think I know where that Center for Forensic Psychiatry. It is right across the women's prison. Someone in my family used to be at this prison ... as an employee.
I think I read that Tonya Jackson did some cleaning there. So she probably would not interact with the people being evaluated.

I used to live in that area; specifically Rawsonville / Ford Lk. Someone said upthread that you couldn't dispose of a body / wallet by car by tossing it out there. I beg to differ. People just look the other way even when they do see something. Trust me, this isn't the best place to live (this specific area). It used to be nice but it went way downhill. On the day I was attacked in that building (by a group of men) they also stabbed someone in the elevator and beat up an old woman in the parking lot. No one did a damned thing.

FWIW My own bias opinion. (disclosure above).

Now, having said all that - she could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Planned / unplanned. ***** happens every day in Ypsi. (and Romulus too).

I think the place where the wallet was found, visible from a busy main road, would not be a good place to dump the body. But it seems that the wallet was washed ashore.
So a body/car could have been dumped anywhere in the lake. How does the water flow there? The lake is a part of Huron River.

I believe it flows away from Rawsonville to the point where the wallet was found. It has been many years now but I would fish from time to time at the park there (before it was crime ridden). I will ask a friend who lived there for a longer time than myself.

The perp IMOO could have dumped the wallet from the park or along that same road. I think there is a water treatment facility along that same path. Can't recall where specifically. Perhaps the typical flow would go toward the treatment plant?

Just checked the map; the hydro park is by Bridge Road.

I made up this quick map of the area with known locations labeled.

Go to the menu on the left and click on the different items to see where they are located.

You can zoom in and out with the center wheel on your mouse. Left click and drag to move map around on screen.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kSFFj6hndfRc&usp=sharing

Thanks

From the descriptions and the pictures I have seen, it seemed to me that the location where the wallet was found is somewhere else.
Namely, if you go slightly north of the Ford Dam, then there is a rocky shore on the west, near an electricity tower. I think that's where it is, but I could be wrong.
It is close to the intersection mentioned in one of the articles, Grove St. & Bridge Rd.

Thanks

From the descriptions and the pictures I have seen, it seemed to me that the location where the wallet was found is somewhere else.
Namely, if you go slightly north of the Ford Dam, then there is a rocky shore on the west, near an electricity tower. I think that's where it is, but I could be wrong.
It is close to the intersection mentioned in one of the articles, Grove St. & Bridge Rd.

Agreed about the photos. I thought I recognized it as well. (closer to Bridge Road)

Is there any chance that both she and her vehicle are at the bottom of that lake ?

Thanks

Thanks for the tip, I moved the icon closer to where you described.

Any other locations that should be labeled, just let me know and I'll throw them on the map.

I just came across this case today.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kSFFj6hndfRc&usp=sharing

Family of missing Ypsilanti Twp woman says a female body has been pulled from Ford Lake
Jim Kiertzner
8:47 AM, May 28, 2015
4 mins ago

YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WXYZ) - The family of missing 42-year-old Tonya Jackson tells 7 Action News that a body has been pulled from Ford Lake earlier this morning

We're told a female body has been recovered. However, it is not yet known if this is the body of the missing mother.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/was...oman-tonya-jackson-stretches-into-second-day_

My condolances to the Jackson family. This is the worst possible news. The family knew that she would not just
leave her children behind like this. I guess it was still possible that she was held hostage by someone. Unfortunately
this is not the case. I hope that the new findings will lead to the person responsible for this.

edit: Maybe I should add that it is not entirely clear to me that a crime was involved. I suppose she could have accidentally
droven the car into the lake.

According to Jackson's sister Nikeyta Evans, the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office Underwater Search and Rescue Team pulled Jackson's body from Ford Lake, near the Ford Lake Dam on Bridge Road, at about 4 a.m.
So body was found near the wallet.
A witness who also lives at Lakeshore Apartments said that just after 4 a.m. police pulled a silver SUV from the water and it was taken away on a flatbed truck. Jackson was driving a silver SAAB Suv at the time she disappeared on May 3, 2014.
Looks like her car was also found.
The note said Jackson needed help and that she was with a man named John Samuels in a red Chevy car. Police said the note didn't lead them anywhere, and the case had been stagnant for several months before Jackson's wallet was discovered earlier this week.
The note now looks like it was a sick prank.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back