MI - Updates On Stanley Case-2008

We now apparently know that even though everyone was told at the autopsy that Erin (a 19 year old female) died under suspicious circumstances. Neither the investigator, the coroner nor the pathologist thought it might be a good idea to comb the body for hair, threads etc. run a sexual assault kit (rape Kit) on the body or collect scrapings from the fingernails that might help in one way or another determine who might have assaulted or otherwise choked this young lady.

OMG- I cant believe that- I would think that it would be SOP on ANY homicide/suspicous/undetermined death- What is wrong with these people? Their lack of competence showed in the beginning of the investigation when they were quiet about Erin's death- How did they plan on prosecuting him? What evidence? People watch too many crime shows and read too many true crime foums now a days- they want to see real evidence- they even scared me for taking so long in Cutt's trial- they are up on the processes that need to be gone thru-
Although I personally believe that he is gulity, I have a bad feeling that a jury may not be legally campable of convicting him- what evidence are they going to use? No DNA, hair, sample, swabs,etc. Even the sheets are contaminated from being in the garage-It took them a few days to come over and collect- what is wrong with this small town PD??

Chicogirl36
I just made a hugh post which would take me forever to post her on the Paladium-Item web site forum. What I posted above is just a small part of what I was able to post on the other site. It summarizes testimony from Lonny Stanley, Dale Stanley and the coroner thus far. I believe they plan on holding one more small session to finish up testimony that was being given by Lonny Stanley when they ran out of time. Even though it's kind of long I thin you will enjoy it.

Thanks for all of the updates bumblebug- The Pal-item forum is huge and has many threads- I found one that had some extensive posts on it, but Im not sure if you have the same screen name over there? I will post the link I found, becaus eit has some great posts on it. Please post a link to your post so I can find it easier- I will keep looking in the meantime- Thanks again- You have put a lot of dedication into following the facts on this case-

http://tinyurl.com/3xpcgf

Thank you bumblebug, Look like to me he will be out on bond before you know it. They have really messed this investigation up. I really dont see him being convicted without a reasonable dought on the evidence they have presented so far.

Chicogirl36
First me say that I would not use the same screen name if I were posting on the Pal-Item forum. The forums are quite difference and the individuals posting on this forum seem to be more mature and willing to examine the facts. The Pal-Item forum seems to be more emotional in nature and that is to be expected with so many people knowing many of the individuals involved. Yes I am familiar with the posts you are talking about and I feel sure you can read between these lines. For those who live in the vicinity and have intense interest in this case, let me assure you that my interest are two fold. First, I don't want someone who may be innocent sent to jail for a crime he may not have committed. Second, as a former journalist, I am genuinely interested in the pursuit of truth and not conjecture, theories or hunches. A few days ago an Indiana man was released from prison after serving 24 years for a crime he did not commit. My concern in this case is that the defense appears to be denied forensic evidence that is usually available to them when a crime scene is taped off in a timely fashion and the evidence is properly collected. As a minimum I would have thought the residence would have been taped off and processed as soon as the autopsy was completed.

HAWG
I don't know if the defendant will be out on bond soon but it appears he has stuck by his story from the very beginning and that might be important. As I understand it he did not flee the jurisdiction and I find that interesting as well.

Yes, I thought of that because if he had done it seems to me that he would have wanted to run. I have more doughts then ever about this . James has a temper but temper and murder are two different things. Like I said because this investigation has been so messed up we will never know the truth!!! If James didnt do it who did? With the back door it leaves it wide open!!!!

HAWG
I wasn't there and I don't know who did it. I just wish there was more evidence available. I agree with you temper comment. There are a lot of people with tempers that haven't killed anybody.

As crazy as this case has been, I'm am thinking of writing it up as a case study for an Ethics in Criminal Justice (CJ) or Ethics in Communications class. I have friends in both disciplines and I feel sure they would love to present this to their students. If I decided to do this, I want to thank the forum members for compiling so useful much information like media threads, photos, drawings, and a time a time line that would all be most useful. Thanks to all.

This is for HAWG and others who know James. I understand that he was beaten up last night inside the Wane County Jail. I do not have any particulars. This case is indeed beginning to sound very serious.

Greetings Bumblebug,

You wrote:
>>This case is indeed beginning to sound very serious.<<

Can you elaborate on what you mean? Serious in which fashion? Does the "serious" relate to your report of hearing James had been beaten up? Do you have a news article to which you can refer us about this?

Wrinkles

Good luck if you decide to write about this, bumblebug.

Sorry to hear about James.

I couldn't help noticing that the most recent forum on this case has virtually come to a screeching halt. I have a hard time believing that everyone in the county where this happened has suddenly lost interest especially after so much was revealed that was not published in the newspaper. I understand that the Pal-item reporter spend a lot of time chatting with the prosecution side during the session breaks and after the end of the session. Any reporter worth his or her salt knows that you don't do that out in public. It tends to make the coverage look one sided. Example: I believe they said he was surrounded by armed guards or words to that effect. I understand there were two jailers from jail one mail and one female. I believe this is standard practice. That is one of the reasons I call the situation serious. I's like someone is trying to keep very recent stuff out of the press. To directly answer your question about a news article. You have made my point for me. There haven't been any news articles that have said anything to the defenses favor to include a contaminated crime scene, a lose of the top sheet and blanket, the lose of chain of custody on the lower bed sheet and then not having it tested for DNA, fibers, hairs etc. They have said nothing about anything that would be to the defense's benefit. The question is why. If there is someone out there that can explain why this information wasn't reported I would like to hear it. I use to teach Journalism and I assure you my students would not have missed those specifics.

Im sorry to here that James was beaten up I dont want to see that, butt I kinda figured something like that would happen.
bumblebug, Haley is getting here tonsil taken out tomarrow. I know she will be fine, It is just scary because she is so little.
Please let us know if he is alright!!!

I agree that they have some explaining to do. I feel like they are holding something back. Something is not right!!!

HAWG

As far as I know he is OK. With this being a high profile case I can't imagine the prosecution not taking special precautions to insure he is not in danger. I couldn't help notice in the Pal-items Internet edition they have reposted their article about the last hearing and this time they have shown that many comments have been submitted to include some with a lot of info that the Pal-item didn't report. I imagine that some editor was not happy about having his paper sort of shown up by an observer. IMO ... I would think the paper and other media would play this close the best from now on to preclude readers from believing they (the paper) have chosen sides and are only reporting one side of the story. If this one side reporting continues I imagine that some readers might conclude that it is being done on purpose. If that were the case then, in deed, we would really have a story of intrigue. I wish Haley well. I seem to remember favoring ice cream when I was sick.

O/T alert: Hawg, my son just had his out and it went real well. The doc told him to stay away from dairy stuff like ice cream because it makes more mucus (sp) and causes more swallowing. Icee/slushies/slurpees and popsicles were fine though. He was in heaven! lol I hope she does well. ((Haley))

Is Pal-Item the only main newspaper in town, bumblebug? I don't understand the lack of news about this strange case.

she is a popsicle girl. We got the real fruit ones and jello.
I cant believe the newspaper. They must not want to sell papers? Or they know something we dont know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back