Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - #10 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We established, if I remember correctly that it was 2 hours from Colon, MI in Ohio where he bought the murder kit at Walmart.

That would put him in the Toledo area yet. Where there is plenty of Walmarts. I just think that since it's less than an hour, you might as well get the h$ll out of there unless you had a perfect spot in Michigan.

Was the murder kit bought in Toledo? I think your right about being out of state. That would really make the search harder for MSP. Doug seems to have thought this trough, so he would know that crossing the border eliminates any search by Michigan state police.

We established, if I remember correctly that it was 2 hours from Colon, MI in Ohio where he bought the murder kit at Walmart.

That would put him in the Toledo area yet. Where there is plenty of Walmarts. I just think that since it's less than an hour, you might as well get the h$ll out of there unless you had a perfect spot in Michigan.

I agree, I think he headed out of town immediately. I do remember RS saying that DS called his dad at some point before this event and told him he was going to kill his wife.

I guess, I'll start at the mailbox, and drive ninety minutes south through Bronson in the direction of 80/90. I'm going to just assume he used back roads, and that he wasn't speeding. That should give us more to work with.

I guess, I'll start at the mailbox, and drive ninety minutes south through Bronson in the direction of 80/90. I'm going to just assume he used back roads, and that he wasn't speeding. That should give us more to work with.

Here is a MAP search result for Walmarts (made available through Walmart's official web site) in the Toledo, Ohio area. I couldn't make a screen capture for some reason. Simply use your mouse to move the map around and the slider to zoom in.

HERE: http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator...sfsearch_zip=&x=29&y=13&=Continue&continue=30

PLEASE NOTE THE TABS FOR AERIAL IMAGE AND HYBRID MAP

The first thing that stood out to me on the map is Oak Openings Park near Swanton, Ohio, just west of the Toledo Express Airport. It's just about 1 hour 45 minutes from Colon and is right off Interstate 80/90. Since Doug seems to be an avid internet type guy I'm guessing he picked the burial location off the map beforehand. It might make sense to look at obvious map areas that fit in with the timeframe Spencer has given.

All I can say is DS was speeding his *advertiser censored** off to get back to VA, even if RS is mistaken on his times give or take an hour Dougy boy was hauling bum .... jmo of course

Ok if you look at Rand Mcnally maps it shows you can get from Colon, MI to Newport News, VA in 12 hours exactly ! That would be going the speed limit. Here is the link:

STEPS: 35 EST. DRIVE TIME: 12 hours EST. DISTANCE: 742 miles

http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetDirections.jsp?cmty=0

Excellent work. I think Ricky Spencer was mistaken when he stated Doug Stewart arrived home at 7:00 PM. That would be absolutely impossible, even if he took the 12 hour route because it is 12 hours between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM and Doug clearly stated he had to dig another hole, unless Doug was lying to Ricky. Even then he would have needed time to put the dirt back in the hole and make the area look undisturbed.

All I can say is DS was speeding his *advertiser censored** off to get back to VA, even if RS is mistaken on his times give or take an hour Dougy boy was hauling bum .... jmo of course

After getting pulled over during the previous trip, I don't think he would have risked speeding for fear of drawing attention to his vehicle.

I wonder if Doug's father has a police scanner and if he heard the dispatcher send police out to Venus's parent's home.

How long after the police arrived did they find the tarp cover and the scattered gravel and determine Doug may have taken Venus?

After concluding Doug might be responsible, did the police department issue an APB to the Michigan State Police and highway patrol?

If Doug's father was monitoring the scanner, he would have heard the APB broadcast. It could have been prearranged that Doug's father would call him if that was to happen. If the call never came, Doug felt free to drive home.

I wonder what he would have done if an APB had been issued, if he would have continued to drive or what!

I think it was determined that Venuses dad called 911 around nine. He was having trouble remembering.

Correction, the call came in at 8:51 that Venus was missing. This was stated by the first officer that testified.

DS had no id in a vehicle registered to VS-It might have been worth a shot to speed, but it would have been pretty risky. And I would like to know how fast the BOLO went out on him after LM called 911-because it looked to me like they started looking for him right away.

Did RS say he had DS's cell? so DS had a disposable phone and RS had the cell-he must have been told by DS not to answer the phone unless it was DS calling on the disposable one.

If even 10% of RS' story is accurate, then there can be no doubt in anyone's mind at this point that DS intended to cause something to happen to VS on 4/26, I would think.

Yes, RS was using DS cell phone in VA. At one point RS mentioned they had up to 3 track phones. I almost certain that DS called at 10:00 am and told RS it was complete. I think the Ohio hunch is a good one. RS also mentioned DS demonstrating the choke on him to show him how he would kill her.

Excellent work. I think Ricky Spencer was mistaken when he stated Doug Stewart arrived home at 7:00 PM. That would be absolutely impossible, even if he took the 12 hour route because it is 12 hours between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM and Doug clearly stated he had to dig another hole, unless Doug was lying to Ricky. Even then he would have needed time to put the dirt back in the hole and make the area look undisturbed.
I agree that Spencer was wrong about the time. I can't see DS getting home any sooner than 8pm if he'd have to find another location to dispose of her body, dig a hole and cover it up. And I cannot see him speeding since he'd already gotten pulled over on a traffic stop the first time he attempted this. MOO

Yes, RS was using DS cell phone in VA. At one point RS mentioned they had up to 3 track phones. I almost certain that DS called at 10:00 am and told RS it was complete. I think the Ohio hunch is a good one. RS also mentioned DS demonstrating the choke on him to show him how he would kill her.

I'm so glad you were at the preliminary hearing and are participating here. Thank you so much!

So, if Doug called Ricky Spencer at 9:00 AM saying he had to dig another hole because people were near the hole he'd intended to use, and he called him again at 10:00 saying it was complete, we have to assume he found another place within close proximity of the original site which in total took him about an hour to select, dig, put Venus in it, put the dirt back in and tidy up the area to make it appear undisturbed.

I agree that Spencer was wrong about the time. I can't see DS getting home any sooner than 8pm if he'd have to find another location to dispose of her body, dig a hole and cover it up. And I cannot see him speeding since he'd already gotten pulled over on a traffic stop the first time he attempted this. MOO

7:00 may simply be the time Doug Stewart repeatedly told him, while discussing the details of the plan, he would arrive back in Newport News if all when according to schedule.

I'm thinking RS said the first call was at 7:00 for the phone number. He said the second call was at 10:00 saying it was finished, including new spot and burial. That was also the time I believe RS called in sick for DS while DS listened in on the track phone. I also think this was when RS called DS dad. RS was on the stand almost three hours , so I could be mistaken.

He may not have re dug a hole. He may have just dumped her in a remote area! I know this sounds terrible! But it would have saved time!

I'm thinking RS said the first call was at 7:00 for the phone number. He said the second call was at 10:00 saying it was finished, including new spot and burial. That was also the time I believe RS called in sick for DS while DS listened in on the track phone. I also think this was when RS called DS dad. RS was on the stand almost three hours , so I could be mistaken.

I'm sending a message to one of Theresa McComb's friends to ask her if she can find out exactly what time Theresa left for work that day. If and when I find out, I'll let you all know.

He may not have re dug a hole. He may have just dumped her in a remote area! I know this sounds terrible! But it would have saved time!

A well, a drainage ditch, a field that was plowed, a construction dumpster...He had to choose a place that was not readily seen from the road between 8 and 10am.

Or DS lied to RS and actually dumped her in his original spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member