Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I have to say, I find it really sad that anyone even has to feel like they need to ask this question in a "sleuthing" forum or feel like by asking any question that does not point directly to DS, being inappropriate to ask because the DV survivors will get offended. I think the original intent of this site was to assist LE and try to make a difference. The worst part is that there are excellent web sleuths from all over the country who may be able to bring something very substantive to the discussion that come here wanting to help figure out what happened, who may feel exactly the way you do. When those questions don't follow the most glaringly obvious solution, the person posing the question is made to feel like a victim basher.

I wonder how many people have thought to make a comment on here and just said, why bother? I say...ask your questions, present your theories, if they are good, well-thought, and plausible, those who are really here to consider things obectively will get where you are coming from. I, for one, am willing to listen to any theory that makes sense, including any reason why the current evidence doesn't make sense. That's my 2 cents.

I wonder how many people have thought to make a comment on here and just said, I better comply with the guidelines and TOS instead because I don't want to be timed out.

I know I have!

A person who worked with Venus posted on a wwmt.com article yesterday that Venus would come to work and say that she hit Doug in self defense because he pinned her against the wall and made sexual demands. She also said that he would provoke Venus to hit him so that he could call the police to file charges on her to make her look abusive. The poster says that she thought that Doug did these things to get custody of the children if they were ever to divorce. She says that Doug is not right in the head.

This is paraphrased, in accordance with WS rules.

Got a linky-dink, puf? :)

Well let's see, the article you referenced was posted on April 26th, 2010 at 5:03 pm.

here it is again if you want to verify it.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/police_searching_for_missing_w.html

Risko said Douglas Stewart, whom police were able to contact by phone late Monday night in Newport News, Va. where he resides, is a “person of interest” in his wife’s disappearance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/04/michigan_state_police_remain_h.html

These stories do not write themselves, so the reporter took the time to actually write the story, edit it, proof it and get it in the system by the time it says, 5:03pm, we can be sure it took him some time to do this...

Risko had to actually relay the information in the story to the reporter prior to that and that surely took some time as well.

So all things considered, I think it's pretty safe to say that the story you posted a link to, and the info that was given to the reporter, were from prior to DS being located.

More likely from around 3pm or so...so even though we don't know the exact time that DS was located, I can reasonably say that the info contained in it, was from prior to LE locating and speaking to DS.

If you are saying that at this press time, LE may have already located DS, then that is news to me, and would likely prove he wasn't in Michigan based on the time it would have taken to talk to the reporter and for the reporter to write the story and would likely mean that DS is either innocent or really was in VA the whole time, if you are correct. Of course, we'd have to assume that there is a part of the country that considers "later that night" to mean prior to 5pm, which I highly doubt.

BeanE, you posted some stuff earlier about tire tread science? Do you know if they can tell how a tire mark has been in a particular location?

I'm not an expert on tire forensics. I'm more on the idiot end of the scale on that particular topic. :)

You can find the info I posted on tire forensics by using Advanced Search with my user name and keyword forensics on this thread or the last one.

There was other info on tire track and tire tread forensics on the net as well. The best keyword phrases I found to search with were 'tire track tread forensics' and 'tire track tread evidence' (without the quotes).

HTH

as I said, it happens

never say never

Thank you!

From a been there done that stand point... When I left Michigan somewhat suddenly, my children originally weren't going to go. I left everything that didn't fit in my duffel bag. I was going to a strange city where I knew no one - I could have taken a car, but I hopped on Greyhound instead.

When I started the day, I was going to leave my children with their father. The situation turned so much that by the time evening came I had my daughter with me on the bus. I didn't have any of her belongings with me, except the spare set of clothes in her diaper bag.

The local women's shelter wouldn't help me. The police claimed they wouldn't. My family didn't care. So I took a very big leap of faith - it sure as hell beat the alternative.

So yes... it *does* happen folks.

Read the same person's comment here, too. Last comment, unless it gets bumped to page two. Paraphrased:

I know Venus but haven't talked to her in about a year. Venus was always afraid of Doug. He stalked her and would show up at places where she was expected so that she would have to see him. As far as the domestic violence, Doug made demands of Venus that she did not want to give, and she fought back, scratching him and ending up with the DV charges. She lived in constant fear of him and had no quality of life with him.

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/woman-...mmentKey:b4a0a897-6bcb-40f4-99db-5ac62f27129b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member