Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 7 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derisive comments about someone's weight and manner of dress? :nono::nono:

Not only can you buy tarps, shovels, hats and gloves, WalMart is your one stop source for court attire!
floorlaugh.gif
[/CENTER]

bad, funny. but bad.

Tho I've tried to remain non-partisan and objective, upon seeing that picture of DS dressed like he's auditioning for the role of Nick Carraway for a production being staged by the cast of Biggest Loser or like a lesser Kennedy cousin being accused of yet another crime, I'm ready to declare him guilty--at least of crimes against fashion, or simple common sense.

Now I can see that he might be the sort of individual to sloppily leave a wal-mart receipt in the vehicle used (by him or an accomplice) to abduct his estranged wife.

Usually you'd wear a suit and tie to court, but if you're not accustomed to it, then that can look just as awkward. In that case, a pressed pair of khakis and pressed, long-sleeve button down over a t-shirt would've been better than that get-up.

After seeing that pic of Doug in court today, I can only ask: does dude even know how to work a mirror?

DS is obviously back in Michigan and living at his parents house, but does anyone know if he actually MOVED back here yet? I mean, all of his clothing, his furniture, and all of his belongings? Maybe he only had a small amount of clothing, and had to borrow from his dad? :waitasec:

I wonder if he did try to travel back to VA if somehow LE would step things up and try to get him before he left the state?

I wonder if he did try to travel back to VA if somehow LE would step things up and try to get him before he left the state?

Oh, hey, I was thinking about MSP's delay in searching DS's parents house and wondered about this going the other way:

(i) did DS just up and move back to Michigan from Virginia without LE's prior knowledge ?

(2) wouldn't it have been BETTER to have search DS's parents homestead BEFORE he returned to live there?

A missing persons case, your honor, we'd like to search our primary/sole POI's local to the crime scene property BEFORE he returns there.

It is considered disrespectful for a man to wear a short sleeved shirt to court. I think he was trying to dress up for court - look respectful. However, I am baffled as to why he wore the sweater vest, a very tacky vest at that.

I don't know about that. I had got called for jury duty once (I didn't get selected though, or even get my number called over the two days we sat there - that made me mad), but allmost no one was dressed up. There were a couple of very irritated looking executive types in suits but pretty much everyone else was dressed pretty casually. The lawyers and court officials were dressed up of course, but most of the defendants were not. One of them was in a prison jump suit and shackles, but the rest were in regular clothes. It was a sort of interesting experience because you could kind of tell what sort of crimes they were accused of by looking at them. There was a very frightened looking guy in a suit accused of sexual assault, a pedophile who looked like a smug middle aged school principal, some thugs accused of beating a guy up with pick handles, who looked and dressed like extra's from a mafia movie. There was a woman accused of fraud who didnt show up. Her lawyers were standing there sheepishly going "um....we don't know where our client is, she said she would be here", she got a warrant for her arrest. And then, because a few of the defendants opted for trial by judge rather than jury at the last second, we had a ton of people left over in the jury pool, so they brought over a case from a civil trial in the next court room that had completely exhausted their jury pool and only selected one juror (no one wanted to be on that one, since it was the only case that looked like it was going to take months rather than one or two weeks).

The other interesting thing about the whole process was that you could kind of tell who would not be selected based on how they looked. Old ladies and people who looked like they lived fringe lifestyles all got nixed. In Canada the only information available to the lawyers is your name, age, sex and occupation, so they yea or nay a juror based on what they look like. The judge also asks if there is some reason you can't serve, such as having some connection to the case or some personal reason (and people have THE lamest excuses why they can't).

bad, funny. but bad.

Tho I've tried to remain non-partisan and objective, upon seeing that picture of DS dressed like he's auditioning for the role of Nick Carraway for a production being staged by the cast of Biggest Loser or like a lesser Kennedy cousin being accused of yet another crime, I'm ready to declare him guilty--at least of crimes against fashion, or simple common sense.

Now I can see that he might be the sort of individual to sloppily leave a wal-mart receipt in the vehicle used (by him or an accomplice) to abduct his estranged wife.

Usually you'd wear a suit and tie to court, but if you're not accustomed to it, then that can look just as awkward. In that case, a pressed pair of khakis and pressed, long-sleeve button down over a t-shirt would've been better than that get-up.

After seeing that pic of Doug in court today, I can only ask: does dude even know how to work a mirror?

:eek: :slap:

:floorlaugh:

:bow:

WHITE PIGEON — The pickup truck owned by Douglas Harrie Stewart is being sought by the Michigan State Police (MSP) as part of their investigation into the disappearance of Stewart’s estranged wife Venus who hasn’t been seen since April 26 when she went to the mailbox at her parents’ rural Colon home.

snip/

Risko said that one or both of the MSP investigators that have previously been in Virginia working on the case will return to do the additional work.

“Multiple people are working on this case,” Risko said. “This is job-one for us right now.”

MORE: http://www.threeriversnews.com/articles/2010/05/28/news/local_news/doc4bffd01bdc8c5966559428.txt

Sidenote: Google News doesn't find articles by threeriversnews.com and fox17. But you can find the latest on the case if you search from the google front page and then hit LATEST on the left column.

Click HERE for the latest.

Hey, folks-I realize emotions are running high in this case, but the comments regarding DS and his sense of fashion are pushing the envelope into the area of bashing, IMO. TOS does not allow for bashing. I might review your own posts before the mods get here...just sayin. :)

It doesn't take 6 months to do DNA tests. If it was a high priority they would have had the results quite a while ago.

Depending on how viable the samples are and where they have to be sent, sure it does. If the stuff is going to the Univ of Texas, the backlog is huge. If the samples were treated with anything that might interfere with determining whose blood it is and how much, it might make for a complicated analysis. The FBI has their own labs of course, but their role here appears to be limited. So I think this is a fair statement and I am willing to bet money they have a preliminary result on all of it anyway.

JMO.

Hey, folks-I realize emotions are running high in this case, but the comments regarding DS and his sense of fashion are pushing the envelope into the area of bashing, IMO. TOS does not allow for bashing. I might review your own posts before the mods get here...just sayin. :)

??

After all he's been called and accused of and the implications made about what he allegedly did to Venus and could possibly do to the kids, making fun of his clothes is bashing? Serious question.

As of April 2010, the Michigan State Police Crime Lab operates a backlog of forensic samples ranging from 15,000 to 17,000 at any given time. With the Detroit Crime Lab shut and budget restrictions limiting the staff, the Lab cannot keep up with demand.

The processing time for a case may range from 20 minutes to two weeks, and an average of three months elapses before samples are shipped to Lansing—where the DNA analysis takes place.

In Lansing, a DNA logjam swells, and on average, it’s another six to nine months before results are delivered to the investigator.

An estimated $10 million in additional funding would be necessary to hire enough employees to reduce DNA analysis wait-times to 60 days from about 320 days presently.

SOURCE: http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/04/dna_caseload_backs_up_as_michi.html

The lab for St. Joe County appears to be Lansing:

MSP_FSD-LAB-MAP_61219_7.gif

??

After all he's been called and accused of and the implications made about what he allegedly did to Venus and could possibly do to the kids, making fun of his clothes is bashing? Serious question.

I get what you are saying calliope, but we are here to discuss the crime that may have been committed. He is the POI. So, we can discuss what he may have done to VS. Making fun of his clothes and fashion, while I agree it's funny, does nothing for the case. Saying he may have worn long sleeves to cover scratches or bruises, yes. But, where he got the clothes and how they look on him or his weight does not.

I think that's what believe means.

It is verging on bashing.

ETA: Unless of course he did buy those closthes at Wal-Mart in Ohio and they were on the receipt. In that case, it would be a link! lol
And it would be totally ok to talk about.

I get what you are saying calliope, but we are here to discuss the crime that may have been committed. He is the POI. So, we can discuss what he may have done to VS. Making fun of his clothes and fashion, while I agree it's funny, does nothing for the case. Saying he may have worn long sleeves to cover scratches or bruises, yes. But, where he got the clothes and how they look on him or his weight does not.

I think that's what believe means.

It is verging on bashing.

ETA: Unless of course he did buy those closthes at Wal-Mart in Ohio and they were on the receipt. In that case, it would be a link! lol
And it would be totally ok to talk about.

I guess I see what you mean. If I had my druthers, I'd rather be called a fashion dork than a stupid-arrogant-child molesting-wife beating-murderous-sniper-kidnapper.

I guess I see what you mean. If I had my druthers, I'd rather be called a fashion dork than a stupid-arrogant-child molesting-wife beating-murderous-sniper-kidnapper.

If Venus weren't missing, if DHS workers didn't testify about the sexual abuse, if there were no evidence of blood in and on his vehicles, if that pesky walmart receipt hadn't ben found...if if if...

...then Doug wouldn't be suspected of abducting and killing his wife and molesting his child.

Then all he'd have to worry about is his fashion disability.

The "sniper" part--I don't see any problem with that. Most guys I know would love to have the talent to be a Marine sharpshooter. I'D love to have that ability. As for right now, I can shoot balloons in the creek with a bb gun (a game my son and I play), but I'm usually only about 50' away. :D

He went into family court in St. Joseph County Friday petitioning to gain custody of his two daughters and walked out stripped of his visitation rights and facing possible civil action for neglect.

A social worker testified that one of the children claimed that Stewart sexually abused her, but he has never been charged with that either. Stewart was greeted by protests outside the courtroom and refused comment coming out.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/29/venus-stewarts-husband-lost-custody-rights/

Stay on TOPIC guys!

We don't care what he wore to court unless it has bearing on the case, such as the tattoo issue.

Salem

If Venus weren't missing, if DHS workers didn't testify about the sexual abuse, if there were no evidence of blood in and on his vehicles, if that pesky walmart receipt hadn't ben found...if if if...

...then Doug wouldn't be suspected of abducting and killing his wife and molesting his child.

Then all he'd have to worry about is his fashion disability.

The "sniper" part--I don't see any problem with that. Most guys I know would love to have the talent to be a Marine sharpshooter. I'D love to have that ability. As for right now, I can shoot balloons in the creek with a bb gun (a game my son and I play), but I'm usually only about 50' away. :D

I think I understand what kim was saying; seems to be a thin line I guess. My daughter was an Army sharpshooter (or whatever the highest level is) :)

One thing we've not talked much about is that there was a box for a new pair of Brahma boots in the back seat, and on the front floorboard were the black Brahma boots.

Guess who sells Brahma boots...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brahma-Me...0000003260430&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11964313

LM said he gave away Venus' WalMart card. I'm not familiar with that one; does it maintain a record of purchases ? Or is it like a discount card?

ETA: I wonder about this... we have store discount cards (shoppers' cards?) where they give several for anyone in the family to use. We can access it through our home phone number if we don't have the card with us. I think it keeps track of general purchases. Wondering if that is the type of card she had (rather than a credit card), and if DS had access to its use as well as Venus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44