GUILTY MI - Yolanda Reyes, 42, Walker, 24 April 2014

Police investigating Walker woman's disappearance

By Heidi Fenton | hfenton@mlive.com

on May 01, 2014 at 9:49 AM, updated May 01, 2014 at 11:16 AM

WALKER, MI -- Police continue to search for a 40-year-old Walker woman who has been missing for a week.

Berta Yolanda Reyes was last seen around 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 24 when her husband dropped her off for work at Neal Mast & Son Greenhouses, in the area of 4 Mile Road and Bristol Avenue. She did not punch in and co-workers never saw her that day, police say...

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/05/police_investigating_walker_wo.html

While I have not heard the husband discussed as a POI... the vague " I dropped her off and left" explanation sounds almost too pat.... so far as I have heard, no one in LE is calling it an abduction... I hope for her sake that she just needed time away. Is anyone else she knows missing? Did she have id, a cell phone, credit or debit cards? Any history of domestic problems within the family?
Somehow I think there is more to the story....

While I have not heard the husband discussed as a POI... the vague " I dropped her off and left" explanation sounds almost too pat.... so far as I have heard, no one in LE is calling it an abduction... I hope for her sake that she just needed time away. Is anyone else she knows missing? Did she have id, a cell phone, credit or debit cards? Any history of domestic problems within the family?
Somehow I think there is more to the story....

There's got to be more to this story. I hope that the husband is totally innocent. But there's got to be something to this.

Does anyone have any idea how long they have been in the states? I understand she speaks little english. But also know that many hispanic women I have had contact with thru my work may be in the states for many years but work and socialize with primarily other spanish speaking people and have limited English. I doubt she would just take off with very little English- it would make it difficult for her, and much more likely to be noticed. ( and while I hate to generalize, my experience with hispanic women ( 1st generation ) is that they tend to be sheltered, and depend a great deal on husbands and children ( who usually learn English quickly and are bilingual ) Not likely she would run off unless she was with another spanish speaking person.

Any idea how old her kids are? Again... been in the US their whole lives or recent immigrants? I have not heard much from the family in the news- may be due to language issues, or maybe they feel something different than an abduction is the cause of her disappearance. Nothing from the employer either.

Last thought.... what is their legal status? ( not judging here in any way at all.. just thinking they may not want LE involved if their own status here is in question. I do know that people who are here illegally are easily taken advantage of as they are not likely to make waves and risk deportation themselves.)

Walker police still seeking missing mother

Leon Hendrix

Updated: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 6:39 pm

Published: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 5:16 pm

WALKER, Mich. (WOOD) — In their effort to find a woman who has been missing for six days, Walker police are asking the public for help.

Berta Yolanda Reyes, 40, was last seen the morning of April 24 when her husband dropped her off at work at the Neal Mast & Son Greenhouse in the area of Bristol Avenue and 4 Mile Road NW in Walker, police say. It’s not clear if Reyes’ husband saw her enter the employee door where he dropped her off.

No one else was there when she would have arrived, police said. She never clocked in. Coworkers who arrived later said they never saw her.

When Reyes’ son came to pick her up at about 5:30 p.m. that afternoon, she wasn’t there. She was reported missing around 1 a.m. Friday...

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/30/walker-police-still-seeking-missing-mother/

This pic does not jive with the second pic? Which one is her???

"Police Reyes was last seen wearing an unknown color sweater or sweatshirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes. She is 5’3’’ tall approximately 120-130 lbs
This question was asked eary in the disappearance. Both are her. She apparently can experience weight gain. No dates have been given for the pictures so we do not know which is the most recent although she looks older in the jeans and sweater picture.:fence:

Friend of missing Grand Rapids mother shares her worries: 'Everyone is in shock' -

GRAND RAPIDS, MI --
A friend of Berta Yolanda Reyes, a Grand Rapids mother missing for more than 10 days, describes Reyes as dedicated and loyal - as someone who would not willingly leave her children behind. Reyes, 40, wouldn't just take off, said Xeomara Montenegro, who came to know Reyes well as a customer at the small Grand Rapids grocery store she manages.

"I don't think it's even a chance that she would go on her own and leave her children behind," Montenegro said. Questions about Reyes' whereabouts remain many days after Reyes' husband told police he dropped his wife off at work around 5:30 a.m. April 24.

Reyes had worked at Neal Mast & Son Greenhouses in Walker for about a month and a half. She wanted to help support her family — including her husband and three children. Another adult daughter lives in Guatemala, where Reyes was born, Montenegro said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/05/friend_of_missing_grand_rapids.html

Yolanda had been working only a month and a half. My guess her disappearance has something to do with one of the workers at the job. All the workers need to be interviewed.

http://woodtv.com/2014/05/04/friends-praying-for-reyes-safe-return/
Yolanda reyes Has lived in the Grand Rapids area 15 years it was reported she has a 6 yr old daughter and 14 and 16 year old sons. The family is starting to put up posters.She has an 18 year old son as well.

She also has an adult daughter who lives in her native Guatemala, per this news report.

Can't remember who asked about her co-workers, but this is from her employer's website:

NMG is proud of its well-earned reputation as a great place to work. We have over 170 employees with an average seniority of 6 1/2 years. Our management and supervisory team has an average seniority of 12-1/2 years.

Does anyone know if Yolanda's husband has had a test to determine if his story is true?He was the last person to see her and that is usually who LE suspects first.

they knew at 5:30pm that she wasn't at work all day, yet didn't report her missing until 1am?

I have some questions and don't think any of them are answered in the linked articles.

Why did her husband take her to work so early (before anyone else would be there)? The articles state that she doesn't drive so obviously she needs a ride...but why so early? Does he also work? Someplace where he must be in early? Perhaps 6 am? If so, where? Was he at work on time that day? Is anyone else from her place of employment suddenly missing or quit around the date she went missing? Have the kids been questioned to determine if there has been martial discord?

Lots of questions...but few answers.

It is beyond strange that there has been so little information about this missing woman. What, if anything, is being done to determine her whereabouts? Have there been searches? Who has been questioned regarding Yolanda's disappearance? Is her husband cooperating? Other family members? Have other employees of the greenhouse been interviewed? Appears to be a major void with regard to Ms. Reyes' disappearance.

Body found at Walker construction site

Christopher Zoladz, WZZM 11:16 a.m. EDT May 16, 2014

WALKER, Mich. (WZZM) -- Police from multiple agencies have sealed off a crime scene at a condominium construction site where a body was found.

The discovery was made at Bristol Ridge Condominiums, located at Three Mile Road and Bristol Avenue NW.

Police have not identified the body or said if it is female or male...

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/lo...dy-found-at-walker-construction-site/9170113/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back