Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

MI MI - Yusuf Wilson, 17, Eastpointe, 1 Oct 1999

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by ConcreteKayak, Jan 28, 2015.

1. ConcreteKayak

ConcreteKayak New Member

Missing Since: Oct 1, 1999 Missing From: Eastpointe, MI
    DOB: Nov 26, 1981 Age at Time: 17 Age Now: 33
    Sex: Male Race: Black
    Hair Color: Black Eye Color: Brown
    Height: 5'11" Weight: 150 lbs
    He was last seen leaving a friend's house after being dropped off on October 1, 1999, and has not been heard from since. Yusuf has a tattoo of "YB" on his left arm, a dog bite scar on his leg, and his nose and ear is pierced. His nickname is YB.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/3967dmmi.html

2. Loading...

3. ConcreteKayak

ConcreteKayak New Member

Is Yusuf Wilson the unidentified young man from New Jersey (Doe Network #426UMNJ)?
    The age & height are spot on, the dates are completely plausible, etc but I came to this possibility when viewing the closeup of the original & retouched photos of the tattoo of the um.

http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_hudson_u440000783.html

Yusuf has a tattoo of “YB” “written” on his left forearm. If you look at the original photo of the um’s tattoo, there looks to be a glare or light spot in the top center of the “J”- A spot where there could possibly be a notch. If there is a notch then it wouldn’t be a J at all, but a letter Y, matching the description of the Yusuf’s tat.The quality of the tattoo is poor & appears that some of the ink was faded, it seems possible that it was misinterpreted in NJ. I tried to research more, but there is little available information on either case.

4. ConcreteKayak

ConcreteKayak New Member

5. Jennibee

Jennibee New Member

Its a very distinct tattoo, none the less. Could very possibly be a 'Y'. Perhaps the OP could get in touch with the relevant parties?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. MamaJoJo

MamaJoJo Where did you go?

I kind of see what you are saying about the "notch" but I think it's just glare. When I blow up the photo, I can see a faint line indicating the top of the "J".

What an interesting find, though. I wonder what Yusuf's tattoo looked like? Was it in bubble letters?!

7. ConcreteKayak

ConcreteKayak New Member

Sadly, I cannot find ANY description other than that he has "YB" "written"/tattooed on his arm, no photos, nada. It's really disheartening how little is available on some of these cases. I'm glad you were able to blow up the photo & see a line, I couldn't enlarge the picture and still retain any kind of quality in the image (I am technologically challenged). I want to see others opinions before taking this up with either relevant party.