Found Safe TX - Michelle Reynolds - 6th Grade Reading and Language Arts Teacher - Missing Since 22 Sept 2022

Her husband pleads for help finding her:
According to this report, she told her husband she was going to get something to eat and didn't return.
Michelle's husband and her brother drove to New Orleans and using a geo-location device, they found her vehicle.
The car was locked but they were able to unlock it to discover all of her personal items.
Her phone was in the vehicle, had charge, but had been turned off.

Such a mystery.

Maybe she was carjacked while going to get something to eat. Did she tell the husband where she was going to eat? What time did she go to eat? Was her car located in a public place that has cameras? I'm curious to see if she even made it to NO. The Atchafalaya Basin is nothing but swampland. The bridge that crosses it is 30 miles long. There is only 2 exits to get off at. It wouldnt be a bad place to dispose of a body.

What a worrisome case!

According to Google Maps, leaving around noon on a Thursday, it would take between 5hr40min and 7hr20min to get to New Orleans, for an earliest possible arrival time of nearly 6PM.

It bothers me that the husband and brother unlocked the car and went through her things rather than calling the New Orleans police when they discovered the vehicle. (Though maybe it shouldn't bother me so much? Maybe people who don't follow true crime cases wouldn't realize how this could inadvertently destroy or taint evidence?)

What a worrisome case!

According to Google Maps, leaving around noon on a Thursday, it would take between 5hr40min and 7hr20min to get to New Orleans, for an earliest possible arrival time of nearly 6PM.

It bothers me that the husband and brother unlocked the car and went through her things rather than calling the New Orleans police when they discovered the vehicle. (Though maybe it shouldn't bother me so much? Maybe people who don't follow true crime cases wouldn't realize how this could inadvertently destroy or taint evidence?)
NOLA police don't have a rep for being vigilant in helping with missing person cases from what I have seen in other threads of people who disappeared there after arriving for vacation or work. Maybe involving them would have protected the husband and brother from speculation & preserved evidence. But probably not IMO.

Did she teach that day or was she off? Why would she not be working on a Thursday in September?

Also, I seem to have missed the reason they went to NOLA to look for her. Did they have car data that led them there?

I think she has chosen to disappear. If so, why? And why in NOLA?

JMO

Shared 2 hrs ago on Brazolia County Sheriff’s Office’s FB Page from Brazolia County News & Events:
“Missing Alvin Woman

*Please Share*

Name: Michelle Reynolds

Car Found: September 24, 2022 in New Orleans, Louisiana
Physical Description:
Height 5 ft 10 in
Thin Build
Long Blonde Hair
Brown Eyes

Michelle has been missing since noon on Thursday 9/22/2022. She was last seen driving a dark gray, 2018, Lexus NX 300 with license plate RSV-2914.
Michelle is a teacher with Alvin Independent School District at Fairview Junior High.

It is unknown what clothing Michelle was wearing at the time of her disappearance, but she may have been wearing black leggings.

Michelle's husband filed a missing person's report with Brazoria County Sheriff's Office and Galveston County Sheriff's Office. He contacted Lexus Roadside Service and together they "pinged" the car in New Orleans on the night of 9/23/2022. However, once New Orleans Police arrived at the location shown, the vehicle was no longer there.

Her car was then located in New Orleans on the night of 9/24/2022, but there’s no sign of Michelle.

A missing report has been filed with New Orleans Police Department also.

If you see her or have any information, you are asked to contact NOPD at 504-821-2222, Alvin Police Department at (281) 388-4370, Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500 &/or the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office at (979) 864-2392.

BCSO said there is an active missing person case open and anyone with information about Reynolds' whereabouts is asked to call (979) 864-2392 and reference case No. 2209-0540.

---------------------

KHOU 11 News Story: Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question but would anything appear on the dash when a vehicle is pinged? I guess I’m just wondering if maybe someone carjacked her in Texax and they took the car out of state. If there is a notification of some kind that appears to signify the attempted contact (ping) it may have spooked the carjacker into abandoning the vehicle where it was inevitably found. It’s probably one of the more unlikely scenarios but I kind of hope they have some eyes, ears and feet on the ground in Texas just in case.

NOLA police don't have a rep for being vigilant in helping with missing person cases from what I have seen in other threads of people who disappeared there after arriving for vacation or work. Maybe involving them would have protected the husband and brother from speculation & preserved evidence. But probably not IMO.

Did she teach that day or was she off? Why would she not be working on a Thursday in September?

Also, I seem to have missed the reason they went to NOLA to look for her. Did they have car data that led them there?

I think she has chosen to disappear. If so, why? And why in NOLA?

JMO
I think <modsnip> her car was "pinged" in New Orleans by a tracking device that's part of the car. Since they found her car once and then it was gone by the time the cops got there, I would hope they left the car there now and are watching it to see who comes for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
TIMELINE

THU SEP 22
12p - last contact with family - spoke to husband, said she was going to get something to eat
PM - reported missing by husband to local LE

FRI SEP 23
PM - Lexus "pinged" car in New Orleans; upon LE arrival, vehicle was no longer there (1)

SAT SEP 24
PM - Vehicle located in New Orleans by husband and brother by geo-location. (2)

SUN SEP 25
First MSM news coverage (3)

SOURCES
(1)Search for missing Alvin ISD teacher continues after car found in New Orleans
(2)'Really tough time' | Husband of missing Alvin woman says children are struggling with news
(3)Alvin ISD teacher still missing after car found in New Orleans, sheriff's office says

POTENTIAL (SHORTEST) ROUTE FROM ALVIN TO NEW ORLEANS

MRmap1.png

LEXUS RX 300

From the Lexus website, her model includes some features that allow for the vehicle to be tracked via GPS, including
- Stolen Vehicle Locator - after filing a police report, Lexus can use the car's GPS to pinpoint its location
- Emergency Assistance (SOS) Button - in the case of an emergency, the owner can press the button and be automatically connected to emergency services, who would be able to access their location information via the car's GPS

It averages about 18-20 MPG (LINK) with a 20 gallon tank (LINK), which means a single tank of gas will last ~400 miles, which means that if the tank was close to full when the trip began, the vehicle could have made it all the way to New Orleans without stopping for gas.

SPECULATION: Did someone just drive it as far as they could and then ditch it when it got near empty?

THINGS I'D LIKE TO KNOW
- Why was she home at noon on a weekday when, according to the calendar on the district website, classes presumably were in session?
- Is there anything else missing that was not found in the vehicle? Purse, wallet, ID, etc?
- When was the last time that her phone pinged (before it was turned off) and where was that?
- Where was her husband on Thursday? At home with her? At work? It's unclear if their discussion about going to get food was made in person or on the phone/via text
- Are there any charges on her credit card for that day?
- Where, specifically, in New Orleans was the vehicle was located?

...I think she has chosen to disappear. If so, why? And why in NOLA?

JMO
IDK if this means anything or not but Texas EquuSearch is involved now and this is what they state under their search criteria:

"Texas EquuSearch will do whatever it can to find a missing person, but will not search for any person that has disappeared of their “own free will” or by their own choice."

So I guess that means they have reason to believe she did not leave willingly?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back