Michelle Young ~ Pregnant Mother NC Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago I was drivng a car and the guy sitting beside me was drunk and mean. Out of the blue he grabbed the wheel when I was negotiating traffic on the freeway. Thank goodness I was on the ball and got the wheel back in control or I'd a been a goner!

Something like this could have happened in that accident. Once you've experienced something similar it is easy to understand how it could happen.

Sounds fishy to me too. He would have to have issues with anger mngmt or his temper to kill her though, and it was said it was a brutal murder, not like a hit one shot to the head job. Being in debt for gambling, I don't see this as a reason alone to murder someone for money.

Scandi

This is another sad, sad story. I just listened to the 911 call from the victim's sister. She mentioned seeing the two year old daughter's bloody little footprints around the house. Heartbreaking.

knicksgal1 said:
This is another sad, sad story. I just listened to the 911 call from the victim's sister. She mentioned seeing the two year old daughter's bloody little footprints around the house. Heartbreaking.
Oh my gosh . I was hoping that poor child didnt see anything. but they had to of what with the bloody footprints. This is like you said truly heartbreaking.:mad:

scandi said:
Sounds fishy to me too. He would have to have issues with anger mngmt or his temper to kill her though, and it was said it was a brutal murder, not like a hit one shot to the head job. Being in debt for gambling, I don't see this as a reason alone to murder someone for money.

Scandi
But my guess is he had someone else kill her since they're saying she died Friday and he left Thursday night I believe. Anyone who would kill for hire isn't practical anyway and considering there was a small child in the house, unless the first blow rendered her helpless, I'm betting she fought HARD. As to hubby, he may be innocent, but anyone who would hire a killer isn't logical anyway. We can't look at people like this in the same way we would each other. It may turn out the husband is innocent, but at this point it doesn't look that way. Think of all the husbands we know who HAVE killed their wives - OJ and Scott Peterson didn't even really kill for money. OJ probably was just jealous of his ex having relationships and had that if I can't have her no one can mentality and Scott just wanted to screw around which he was already doing fairly successfully.

I found the stats once, back when Christine Rudy was missing. Basically, when a woman is pregnant, the stats are overwhelming in that the husband/boyfriend/lover murdered her.

Homicide is the leading cause of death for pregnant women.
http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2003/02/27/pregnancy_death/index.html

And similar articles have stated that women are murdered by their partner 33-42% of the time.

It's an epidemic, and we need to fix it.

Ang50 said:
I found the stats once, back when Christine Rudy was missing. Basically, when a woman is pregnant, the stats are overwhelming in that the husband/boyfriend/lover murdered her.

Homicide is the leading cause of death for pregnant women.
http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2003/02/27/pregnancy_death/index.html

And similar articles have stated that women are murdered by their partner 33-42% of the time.

It's an epidemic, and we need to fix it.

A little about the victim: http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=93945&SecID=2

Malapoo said:
But my guess is he had someone else kill her since they're saying she died Friday and he left Thursday night I believe.

They are very interested in what anyone saw between midnight Thursday and 6 am Friday.

I wonder if part of the reason the husband's car was confiscated was to see if it had been driven recently??

Did he drive out of town or fly?
Seems so unlikely that just when he happens to go out of town, his wife is murdered.

PrayersForMaura said:
I wonder if part of the reason the husband's car was confiscated was to see if it had been driven recently??

Did he drive out of town or fly?
Seems so unlikely that just when he happens to go out of town, his wife is murdered.

Good questions. Maybe we'll learn more soon.

Shadow205 said:
Also from the article posted by wufdude:

"Investigators said they know about the accident but would not say whether it is part of their investigation"

hmmm, hinky meter going off here. I think the hubby might have some explaining to do. I agree that it sounds a little strange that he called the sister to go to the house. It sounds to me like she was supposed to find the body. I might be wrong and hope that I am for the sake of the 2 year old child but it just doesn't sit right with me.
I also would like to know a little more about this "accident" earlier this year. From what I'm hearing about this murder, it appears there is a strong possibility that the husband is involved. It's coincidental she's murdered when he's out of town, but his phone call to the sister is what makes it really suspicious ~ as if he needed to make sure she was found while he had an alibi and the ME could determine TOD. The poor little 2-year old being there when mother is murdered. :(

Someone asked whether he drove or flew. In all likelihood, he drove because Transylvania County is rural and there are no major airports around.

Did anyone else that listened to the 911 call think they heard the little girl say "daddy" when the sister asked her if she saw anyone in the house? Obviously she could just be wanting to see him but odd nevertheless.

wufdude said:
Someone asked whether he drove or flew. In all likelihood, he drove because Transylvania County is rural and there are no major airports around.

Did anyone else that listened to the 911 call think they heard the little girl say "daddy" when the sister asked her if she saw anyone in the house? Obviously she could just be wanting to see him but odd nevertheless.

I wonder where all he was while he was out of town. I took it that he was out of town on business and then he was visiting his parents in Brevard.

Young's husband, Jason Young, was out of town on business and visiting family in Brevard when she was killed, said Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison. (from one of the earlier articles linked)

Was all of his business in Transylvania county? Are there any flights from the Asheville airport into the Raleigh/Durham airport during the night (fly there and back and be there in the morning when Mom and Dad woke up?). I guess that's a little far fetched, but it's a thought.

SewingDeb said:
I wonder where all he was while he was out of town. I took it that he was out of town on business and then he was visiting his parents in Brevard.

Young's husband, Jason Young, was out of town on business and visiting family in Brevard when she was killed, said Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison. (from one of the earlier articles linked)

Was all of his business in Transylvania county? Are there any flights from the Asheville airport into the Raleigh/Durham airport during the night (fly there and back and be there in the morning when Mom and Dad woke up?). I guess that's a little far fetched, but it's a thought.

Which no doubt is being checked by L.E. as records will certainly show any flights he may have made.

I'd say this would be unlikely given a situation like this would be difficult to explain on his part however, you never know.

I read a few reports about this last night. Apparently he asked his sister in law to go to the house to pick up a fax. That seems a little odd. What was she supposed to do with the fax? Why didn't he fax it to his wife at work and ask her to do whatever he needed done with the fax? Maybe he hired someone to murder his wife assuming that someone at work would check on his wife when she didn't show up for work, but when that didn't happen, he asked his sister in law to go to the house. He probably never expected his little daughter to be alone in the house for all that time.

I guess I'm assuming the husband had something to do with it. It just seems too strange to be completely random.

I have heard from the rumor mill around here that the fax was something he did not want his wife to see (something related to a surprise gift maybe?). My thought, if he wasn't involved, was that he just assumed his wife would be at work and maybe the sister lived closeby and he just wanted her to go by and pick it up? I haven't heard mention of where the sister lived.

I still think it's very odd. I mean, in listening to the 911 call, the sister doesn't sound hysterical at all. Possibly she was still in shock but she just seemed way too calm to me.

I also wonder that, if the typical routine was for the wife to drop the daughter off at school and then go to work, would a daycare typically call to check on why the child wasn't there? Is that typical? I don't have kids in daycare, and I'm sure many work differently, but that's just a thought I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson