Michigan - Coronavirus COVID-19

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
...Across the state, 16 counties — including Wayne, Oakland, Macomb and many others near heavily-populated Metro Detroit — are now in "high" community levels, a CDC classification to show where COVID cases and hospitalizations have risen to the point that people are recommended to wear masks indoors. The city of Detroit is also at a high level, the city health department said.

Last week, only one county was considered to be at a high community level: Grand Traverse in the northern lower peninsula. Nearly every county spent most of April in the "low" category.

Another 28 counties are considered to be "medium" community levels, where people are advised to test for infections before socializing with those who may be more susceptible to severe COVID illness and to wear a mask around them. Those 28 counties account for another 30% of all Michiganians...

ilovewings

Reaction score
...Across the state, 16 counties — including Wayne, Oakland, Macomb and many others near heavily-populated Metro Detroit — are now in "high" community levels, a CDC classification to show where COVID cases and hospitalizations have risen to the point that people are recommended to wear masks indoors. The city of Detroit is also at a high level, the city health department said.

Last week, only one county was considered to be at a high community level: Grand Traverse in the northern lower peninsula. Nearly every county spent most of April in the "low" category.

Another 28 counties are considered to be "medium" community levels, where people are advised to test for infections before socializing with those who may be more susceptible to severe COVID illness and to wear a mask around them. Those 28 counties account for another 30% of all Michiganians...

Wore a mask today for the first time in a month and a half---

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
As COVID-19 cases rise again across Michigan and Metro Detroit, Ferndale Public Schools announced Friday it is reinstating a mask mandate.

"To ensure we are doing everything we can do to keep our students and staff healthy and our schools open, we will be mandating masks (indoors only) for all students and staff as of Monday," the district said in a statement on its website.

The order resumes after Oakland County entered the "high transmission" category for the virus, according to the notice...

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
A temporary face mask mandate is taking effect at Ford facilities in Metro Detroit as a number of Southeastern Michigan counties have been labeled as experiencing “high” community COVID transmission by the Centers for Disease and Control (CDC).

“The health and safety of our workforce is our top priority as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation,” said Kelli Felker, Ford spokesperson. “We are temporarily reinstating a face mask requirement at all Ford facilities located in areas that the CDC has classified as orange/high-risk due increased COVID-19 cases which currently impacts Wayne, Washtenaw, and Macomb counties.”...

ilovewings

Reaction score

Who is surprised that positive covid cases came from this large conference in Mackinac Island? I am sure there are many more that are more positives that are not being reported: Let's see: lots of people indoors not masking up during a pandemic-- hmmmm- what could possibly go wrong?

As a country we are now pretending there is no pandemic--- the problem with that is that people are still being hospitalized and some dying----right now, not in great numbers, thank goodness.

My dear husband pointed the above article to me (which I was already aware of) and said, oh, Covid these days, after being vaccinated, is nothing more than like a little flu, you know, some sneezing and coughing. I said: good luck with that - WE ARE ELDERLY- what don't you understand- for us, there is a very good chance we could get very sick with Covid-- even die, and possibly wind up with Long Covid- you don't want this virus! I have to constantly remind him that we remain in the vulnerable category with respect to this virus. He did get his 2nd booster, I have not so far.