Mike McQueary's Complaint vs Penn State

No ruling on McQueary lawsuit against Penn State after hearing

The judge said it might take until mid-April to make a ruling...........

Spanier, at the time, backed Curley and Schultz in a statement, saying in part “I am confident the record will show that these charges are groundless... .”

Penn State attorney Nancy Conrad argued Monday that there is no “nexus” to connect McQueary to the statement because he was not named in it. She also said Spanier was only expressing an opinion, which she said is not grounds for defamation.

Gavin questioned whether it’s implied that Spanier was talking about McQueary based on the context of the statement.

“You would have to pull something out of thin air,” Conrad said.

But McQueary’s attorney, Elliot Strokoff, said if the charges against Curley and Schultz are groundless, as Spanier said in the statement, “that can only mean Mr. McQueary was lying.”

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/03/...ueary-lawsuit.html#wgt=rcntnews#storylink=cpy

Re the quote above by MM's lawyer:

But McQueary’s attorney, Elliot Strokoff, said if the charges against Curley and Schultz are groundless, as Spanier said in the statement, “that can only mean Mr. McQueary was lying.”

I was thinking this could also apply to Paterno who supported MM's testimony...Spanier offered JP no support either.

Judge sides with Mike McQueary in allowing whistleblower lawsuit against Penn State to move forward

Former Penn State assistant coach Mike McQueary scored an important court victory over the university Tuesday in his lawsuit to recover millions of dollars after he lost his job in the fallout of the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

Out-of-county Judge Thomas Gavin struck down the objections by Penn State’s legal team, who argued McQueary’s claims were far too vague to stand up in court and asked the judge to throw out his whistleblower and defamation lawsuit.

In the court order, Gavin said the allegations in McQueary’s lawsuit are enough to show claims of “outrageous conduct” by Penn State. The judge’s decision gives the lawsuit the green light to move forward and the McQueary lawyers to go after punitive damages.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/04/16/3581797/judge-sides-with-mike-mcqueary.html#storylink=cpy

McQueary answers Penn State's last round of arguements:
McQueary’s lawyer said his client was a fixed-term employee for a short period — from March 1 to Dec. 31, 2004 — and after that, McQueary “continued to be employed by (Penn State) with no specified ending date.”McQueary was placed on administrative leave with pay effective Nov. 11, 2011, as the Sandusky scandal erupted on campus. Penn State officials at the time said it was because he was the target of a death threat.In McQueary’s original whistle-blower lawsuit, he included as an exhibit an undated and unsigned letter he received about his being placed on administrative leave. It reads, in part: “Your fixed-term contract is scheduled to end on June 30, 2012, and it has not been determined whether there will be a new contract at this time.”McQueary’s lawyer is challenging Penn State about the death threat, too, saying he has not found any evidence about it through his investigation

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2013/05/25/3628560/mcqueary-disputes-penn-states.html

In depth profile of Mike McQueary: http://www.centredaily.com/2014/03/04/4067086/mike-mcqueary-was-sexually-abused.html

He was sexually abused as a child. :(

Thank you JJ- very, very sad. MM knows better than any of us how he failed that boy... and allowed future boys to be abused by Sandusky- that will be hell enough for him, I am pretty sure. I am just glad he told the truth, when he did, at the trial. Sandusky is in prison for the rest of his god forsaken life and that is more than most pedophiles get. I am an adult survivor, and I have children, I can't hold it against him, I don't know why- I just can't?

Thank you JJ- very, very sad. MM knows better than any of us how he failed that boy... and allowed future boys to be abused by Sandusky- that will be hell enough for him, I am pretty sure. I am just glad he told the truth, when he did, at the trial. Sandusky is in prison for the rest of his god forsaken life and that is more than most pedophiles get. I am an adult survivor, and I have children, I can't hold it against him, I don't know why- I just can't?

He was someone that believed that the people at PSU were good and wise, and trusted those in authority. It must have crushed him; his world was destroyed. :(

Especially considering the fact that he had been abused. I can't imagine what it felt like for him to be let down on all fronts, including by his own father. Sandusky will never set foot outside again, in large part, because of MM testimony. MOO. I feel for him, I really do, and then what does he get? The university protects the *advertiser censored******* that protected Sandusky and throw MM away like trash. Shame on them. I hope MM wins this suit. Money is all they care about anyway... and their beloved football program- at any cost. If MM wins it will surely make clear to anyone in the future what the protocol better be. I just wish Dorothy was in a cell next to her beloved husband.

WOW! Thank you, J. J. for this news. I agree with your and Frigga's comments.

It's really devastating to think what MM went through during all the trial, before and after, and all the trash that has been thrown at him by the naysayers, with this on his shoulders. He has been very courageous, to me.

Here is the ESPN magazine feature, 'The Whistleblower's Last Stand':

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10542793/the-whistleblower-last-stand

$5 million punitive damages. I didnt think to look up "punitive" till I came here, but just off the top of my head I'd say it means the University has to pay a whopping amount more because somebody (the jurors) feel like it needs to be punishes more than it has been by the awards. and I wouldn't disagree with that. Its odd to me that a lot of sports commentators take the Universities side vs the NCAA and continue to say the university was too harshly punished for harboring and abetting a evil molester that used his position at the university to further his sadistic and destructive practices against innocent children, but, then again, they dont put it like that. But that is what bothers me, because that's the truth of the matter. have they forgot?

WOW! Thank you, J. J. for this news. I agree with your and Frigga's comments.

It's really devastating to think what MM went through during all the trial, before and after, and all the trash that has been thrown at him by the naysayers, with this on his shoulders. He has been very courageous, to me.

Here is the ESPN magazine feature, 'The Whistleblower's Last Stand':

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10542793/the-whistleblower-last-stand
The very last word I would use to describe McQueary is courageous. You guys don't know him one bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back