Miley Cyrus - what the heck happened?

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by gitana1, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

So you are arguing here that no matter what a man does on stage, nobody would discuss it? Sucks to be a male performer, if that is true.

2. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Well-Known Member

I know!!! :floorlaugh: Hey hey hey... la la la, hey hey hey. STOP IT!!!! :floorlaugh:

3. cityslick

cityslick New Member

Not to this extent. You think a male performer who does something like that (think Usher for example) and there are stories on what kind of bad example he is setting for young boys? I don't think so.

4. Gardenlady

Gardenlady Well-Known Member

So your objection is that she wore an outfit that covers more than many bikinis, and sticks her tongue out? Not what she was acting out?

5. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Usher? Did he ever go on stage in plastic underwear?

6. Gardenlady

I admit i am a sucker for any song/production/whatever that Pharrell is involved with. :heartluv: So Blurred Lines and Get Lucky, the two most overplayed songs of the summer, have been stuck in my head perpetually for about four months. :help:

7. Gardenlady

Is it a problem because its plastic? :waitasec:

8. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Yes, absolutely, I hate plastic underwear.

9. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Well-Known Member

:floorlaugh: I hear you.

10. Jetaime

Jetaime Member

OT, but has there ever been a male singer that did a live televised performance wearing nothing but tight booty underwear while grinding the air & simulating masturbation? I've never seen it, but if I ever did, id PUKE! Ew.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

11. Gardenlady

Ok I was being facetious, so ill ask if you can clarify, because you've brought up the "plastic underwear" a few times. What's horrible about it? Is it because its plastic? Is it because you think it looks like underwear? Because, I mean, I've seen quite a few bathing suits that are more revealing than the bottoms she was wearing.

For that matter, Gaga was wearing what was arguably a more revealing outfit than Miley. So why isn't she getting the hate?

IMO it's the sexual nature of Miley's performance that everyone is objecting to. Which is very problematic, because why should she be shamed for acting like a woman who enjoys sex, and the men don't?

12. SilkySifaka

SilkySifaka Active Member

Well people thought Elvis Presley was even though he was dressed. It was a scandal that he went on Ed Sullivan

13. Gardenlady

Prince, throughout the 80s, and well into the 90s. I've always been a huge fan of his, and I have some old VHS recordings of some raunchy concerts. maybe not in booty underwear, ALTHOUGH, come to think of it, the cover of his 1980ish Dirty Mind album has him in bikini underwear. video might as well, been a long time since I have seen it (and he is notoriously tight with his music on YouTube, so would probably be futile searching for it).

14. Gardenlady

Just for reference, has the album pic:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Mind"]Dirty Mind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

15. Gardenlady

OH, BINGO... Love it... Prince's Dirty Mind video. bikini underwear and legwarmers. not sure if simulated masturbstion though lol:

[ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdld8c_dirty-mind_people"]dirty mind - Video Dailymotion[/ame]

16. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

Red Hot Chili Peppers come to mind. So does Russell Brand exposing himself.

17. Gardenlady

Gah, how could I forget RHCP and the socks? :lol:

18. ButForFortune

ButForFortune Well-Known Member

At the end of the day it was a vulgar display, no matter who did it. Whatever happened to classy seduction? This generation seems to have forgotten the value of mystery and unattainability and glamour.

I do believe Miley is desperate. She can't sing, she can't dance, she can't write songs, she can't act and she isn't beautiful by Hollywood standards. Heck - she isn't even pretty IMO. She may last awhile in entertainment. But not too long. She just doesn't have it going on.

19. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

Agree, it was a desperate attempt at staying relevant.

It was most unfortunate to watch, poor thing can't dance or sing. You're right, she's not pretty either. It's really a shame she feels the need to stoop so low.

Salena Gomez keeping it classy...take notes Miley!

20. Gardenlady

Actually I think Miley has a pretty good voice. Here is her cover of Dolly Parton's "Jolene", for instance:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwblaKmyVw"]Miley Cyrus - The Backyard Sessions - "Jolene" - YouTube[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.