Millard Properties: Locations and Ownership

Discussion in 'Timothy Bosma' started by swedie, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carli

Carli Former Member

Thanks for the clarification. Again, it is to be profoundly hoped that the authorities have the right man. Otherwise Ontario taxpayers will be in for a nasty surprise. Matter of fact, and just meandering around the edges of the case, I seem to recall that although creditors, for instance, are allowed to seize all a deadbeat's assets, they can't take the tools of his trade. I'm not sure if there's any carry over between civil and criminal law - no idea actually - but if someone is incarcerated and held for so long without charge that all assets must be sold including property that may be considered tools of his trade i.e. a hangar, is there an available remedy in law? I guess one would have to look at other "big ticket" detainees. Most that I can think of, though, kicked back in the hoosegow because of fraudulent business dealings but this is obviously a very different situation.

2. swedie

swedie Well-Known Member

BBM - Huh? Guess my whole theory was missed...:whoosh::giggle: Oh bother, I shan't repeat myself once again...move on. Speaking of authors, Robert Munsch is very animated, enlightening, with a wild sense of imagination and humour for the young at heart. MOO.

Possibly the noise and bright lights from the truck shining through the Leafs fan's window drew their attention? That's what awoke the other neighbours.

Neighbours told CBC News they were awakened late Thursday night by the bright lights and noise of a truck backing up. It dropped off the trailer in Millard's mother's driveway and left.

Neighbours told CBC News the lights of the truck were so bright, they couldn't make out a licence plate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...says-1.1330722

3. swedie

swedie Well-Known Member

I think we should put that subject off for IF and when we cross that bridge. MOO.

4. SnooperDuper

SnooperDuper Well-Known Member

Property cannot be considered tools of trade as it is waaaay over the exemption limit which is somewhere around $10k. Definitely not $9.5M, anyway.

5. redheart

redheart Member

BBM: One of the most unintentionally funny things I've read in a long time!
    Remind me again...how does your <modsnip> theory go, again? Innocent lamb DM is being framed for three murders (for which we've only seen a fraction of the evidence against him and it's already looking very damning).

6. Tamarind

Tamarind Active Member

Wasn't it determined that the leafs game was on the Weds night?

7. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

<rsbm>

It would be my guess that SS was selling them with the authorization of MB (CEO of Millard Air and POA for DM).

8. Carli

Carli Former Member

9. Alethea Dice

Alethea Dice Active Member

I guess it hasn't been "absolutely" established, but you would think the Crown would know about it if it was thought to be the case. In case you missed it yesterday...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-slaying-christina-noudga-case-moves-forward-in-court-1.3002984

10. Carli

Carli Former Member

Maybe, but I'm not sure you can avoid/dodge a Do Not Contact by going through a third party, can you?

Also kind of interesting, to me anyway, to learn that an incarcerated corporate owner can be disallowed from contacting employees. After all the company has not been charged with any crime. Hmm.

11. Tamarind

Tamarind Active Member

That fraction of evidence may turn out to be all there is. Keep up the good humour.

12. Alethea Dice

Could you please tell us when these pictures were taken? The reason I'm wondering is because there seems to be quite a few vehicles - employees? I thought the business was pretty well done by the late 1990's other than movies and photo shoots. I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that it wasn't much of a business anymore a few years before Carl died.

Are these your personal photographs or can you supply the link to their origin? I understand that under the rules of the forum, all pictures must be linked. Perhaps a link to the original source would answer some questions that some of us have.

TIA

13. Alethea Dice

:laughing: If it came in during the Leaf's game, it took the other neighbours about 24 hours for those lights and noise to wake them up. No wonder they couldn't make out the plates. ;)

14. Alethea Dice

As I said before, nice deal for the airport to recoup their losses. Had they gotten a new tenant or a started a new business when DM first closed the MRO and met with the airport manager, they would still be getting their $19,000 a year in rent from Millardair.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/activity-at-millard-air-hangar-not-what-airport-boss-expected-1.1302652

Now that the hangar is sold, they get about $66,000 a year rent, plus fuelling and landing fees. The $65,000 in public money committed by the airport for extra asphalt is regained in about a year and a half.

http://www.pressreader.com/canada/waterloo-region-record/20150402/281492159825226/TextView

15. SnooperDuper

I wonder what the hangar sold for, how much of the $9.5M construction cost DM will recoup.

16. Juballee

Juballee Former Member

Ouch! I never accused you of making this up, and my only qualifications I have to critique your photos are my eyes and my opinions. I looked it over the photos again after reading your response, and I have to say, that SUV still looks black to me, I'm sorry.

In my opinion, if it were a trick of the light making it look black instead of blue, why aren't the other blue vehicles in the lot appearing as black as well?

For what it's worth, for many years, I also drove a blue Yukon, and I spent a lot of years looking through parking lots for my blue SUV, and I would like to think I knew the difference between my blue one and a black when when seen from that kind of distance, no offense. May I suggest the ignore button if my opposing opinions are tiring?

17. sillybilly

sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Can we please get on with discussing the case instead of one another.

Thanks !!

18. Arnie M

Arnie M Well-Known Member

The most I ever heard was $6.4M as the hangar cost , but that came from news articles.

As far as the selling price , a hangar like that will always have a reasonable market value unless there was a severe recession in the airline industry , so I am sure a good portion of the money was recovered (building cost) ... other variables such as losses for having a vacant building for 2 years , or staff costs , would have been a drain for MB of course.

No doubt WM would have contributed a lot of his own money toward the project , so once all the bills are paid there should at least be some original "family money" recovered.

There could very well be other things like life insurance that we are not aware of , and are not really any of our business or public business. Typically banks (or corporations) will have life policies on the guarantor of any corporate loans , not a lot different than if a private person has a home mortgage it is compulsory (by the banks) to have fire insurance etc . These things are put in place as routine business practices.

19. SnooperDuper

The newest articles about Chartright moving into the hangar quote a construction price of $9.5M:

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/chartri...ormer-millard-air-hangar-councillor-1.2310027

There might be a gap between cost and market value of the hangar.

Many good points but I don't think WM's estate has been fully settled and DM can't inherit from him (property, insurance) so no doubt they are having to keep the monies in dispute (from WM's death) separate from the moneys DM has in his name free and clear.

It would be bad for DM's case if after all the liquidation, and the separation of the monies/property/insurance DM would have inherited from WM from the pile, if DM had no money. Cost overruns on the hangar could have eaten up a lot.

April 24 to learn more, I guess.

20. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.