PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Minivan rolls into pond, 2 children die

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by ljwf22, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ljwf22

ljwf22 Reality continues to ruin my life.

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - A woman chased her minivan as it rolled down a steep hill and jumped in before it sank into a pond Wednesday, killing her and two children inside, authorities said. A third child was in critical condition.

The woman, who was the mother of at least one of the children, had gotten out of the van, then noticed it was rolling away and jumped back in before it went into the water, Police Chief Bryan Norwood said.

More at the link:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070705/ap_on_re_us/van_submerged

This is so sad.

2. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

Oh how sad.

3. LionRun

LionRun Former Member

This is so very sad. I hope the little one who survived will be okay and has a loving family to live with.

Lion

4. ajc2804

ajc2804 New Member

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A third child who was riding in a van that rolled into a pond in a Bridgeport park on Wednesday died Thursday, a hospital spokesman said.
    Jayden Wilson, 6, died just before 2 p.m. at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, spokesman Mark D'Antonio said.
    He was the nephew of Michelle McIntosh, 39, who was killed in the accident along with her son, 2-year-old David McIntosh, and 3-year-old family friend Julia Boyd.
    McIntosh, who was driving the van, stopped and got out to talk with friends following her in another car about where to set up their holiday picnic at Beardsley Park in Bridgeport on Wednesday morning, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288184,00.html

5. Dena

Dena New Member

I just read about this, my heart is just broken.

6. ziggy

ziggy New Member

Oh my gosh, so sad. I do hope they don't charge her with anything. Can't an accident just be a bad, sad, tragic accident anymore?

7. Masterj

Masterj Active Member

Ziggy - she died also. When she saw the van rolling, she ran and jumped back in it to try and save her kids.

8. ziggy

ziggy New Member

OOps my bad. Wow, I thought at first she saved the one child only.

Lord have mercy.

Their families must just be destroyed with grief right now. It's so hard to make sense of bad accidents like that just "happening" and you lose so much in mere minutes.

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Member

I'm confused, the caption under the photo in the article says it killed 3 and injured one, but the last one also died around 2:00?

10. JBean

JBean Retired WS Administrator

The 3rd child died just today, bringing the total to 4. ( 3 children and the woman driver)