Minnesota - Coronavirus COVID-19

Minnesota totals are still rising yet we're gradually reopening. MN has not cancelled the State Fair. AND, Trump is planning a July 4 parade on the National Mall again. I think I must live in an alternate world. People are still sick. People are dying.

Monday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported there are 214 new cases that have tested positive for COVID-19, creating a total of 3,816 cases in the state. MDH also reports 286 total deaths, with 14 additional deaths reported Monday.

Minnesota totals are still rising yet we're gradually reopening. MN has not cancelled the State Fair. AND, Trump is planning a July 4 parade on the National Mall again. I think I must live in an alternate world.

Monday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported there are 214 new cases that have tested positive for COVID-19, creating a total of 3,816 cases in the state. MDH also reports 286 total deaths, with 14 additional deaths reported Monday.

Minnesota still on an upward trend. No way should schools reopen. Actually, businesses should not either IMO.
04/28 11:00a
Tuesday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported 365 new COVID-19 cases and 15 new deaths, moving the state's totals to 4,181 cases and 301 deaths.

Wednesday, April 29
The state has now reported 4,644 COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic, based on 66,744 molecular diagnostic tests — including a single-day high of 2,915 tests reported on Wednesday.
Eighteen new deaths were reported as well, bringing the toll of the pandemic to 319 fatalities.

Just an aside. Health Care Workers
The state said 58,333 health care workers applied for unemployment insurance between March 16 and Saturday. The industry's tally is roughly 10% of the statewide total during the period of 584,431 applications.

Children's Minnesota has a tentative agreement to furlough the equivalent of 181 full-time nurses as the state's largest pediatric hospital struggles with the financial effects of COVID-19. Surgery cases and emergency-room visits are down significantly at Children's, which announced earlier this week that it would stop offering some medical and surgical services at its St. Paul campus because of a decrease in patients.

Last week, Bloomington-based HealthPartners announced its CEO would take a 40% pay cut as the health system said it would furlough about 2,600 workers. This week, HealthPartners said it's seeking voluntary furloughs from some nurses at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park.

Earlier this month, the Rochester-based Mayo Clinic said it would cut pay for more than 20,000 people while implementing furloughs, as well.

Children's Minnesota plans to furlough 181 nurses

Last edited:
I received a call from State Rep John Huot's office, asking how I, as a senior citizen, was doing and if I had any concerns. We're doing okay, actually well. Talked about 15 minutes re: coronavirus and effects on society, economy, etc. How nice to get such a call.

Old Chicago, an Apple Valley restaurant staple, is For Sale. I can understand this. Their indoor model isn't one that could readily change. Wonder how many other indoor dining places won't make it.

Sunday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported 435 new COVID-19 cases and 24 new deaths, moving the state's totals to 6,663 cases and 419 deaths.

Of those 419 deaths, MDH said 338 were patients of long-term care facilities.

Governor Live May 4, 2020
1 in 20 people are affected in Nobles County, MN. This is more per capita than in the Twin Cities.
Stay at home order in effect two weeks more. No reopen date.
Suggestions to wear masks to prevent infecting others.
Reminder that cases in the US are still rising.
Minnesota has had 617 deaths during April.
Today's totals:
7234 cases
428 deaths

Ready for this? Incredible.
The death toll at a New Hope nursing home that is being ravaged by the novel coronavirus has more than quadrupled in the past two weeks, claiming at least 55 residents.

St. Therese of New Hope, a senior care community with a 258-bed nursing home, disclosed the grim death count from COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the virus, in a notice sent to family members of residents. It said a total of 147 residents have tested positive for the virus, signaling that things still could get worse.

Death toll climbs to 55 at New Hope nursing home hard hit by coronavirus

OMG. Have we really gone this far? I suppose there is a need, but I am just feeling awful after reading this.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz and state leaders addressed an array of topics during Friday's COVID-19 daily briefing, including plans to buy a facility to store human remains in the event there's a surge in COVID-19 deaths.
The plan would spend $6.9 million on a warehouse facility to temporarily store human remains of COVID-19 patients. Officials said the site needs to be available in case there is a surge in the number of deaths from COVID-19.
COVID-19 Daily Briefing: Deaths rising at predicted pace in Minn., Lt. Gov. Flanagan talks about community resilience, recovery group

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back