Miscellaneous - case related

Am I understanding correctly that we can provide links to blogs and paraphrase but not copy and paste? AND that they are only considered to be rumor?

You've got it right, Justiceforever. There are many blogs and forums dedicated to the Jennings murders. I've followed them, myself, for years now. Some are more credible than others, and I can't think of any that should be outright banned (this is subject to change).

Keep in mind, MSM should always be the first choice to source information. Unfortunately, many of the original articles have been archived and are no longer available online, or only available for a fee. If you come across a link to an article that's no longer available, but you can find the article on a website, you can link the website as the source.

A few examples:

Murder in Jeff Davis Parish

The owner of this blog has amassed a great deal of information based on MSM reporting. The same owner has dedicated a separate page for each victim. The information on the victims' pages is a recap of MSM.

Another good link from this source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8229542/Length-of-Time-Between-Murders-by-G8trgirl-jdpkillerwordpresscom

Other good sources:

KLPC-TV

KATC-TV

AIT, LLC, P.I. Kirk Menard's agency's website

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10118&page=3

Regarding comments and posts by readers, we cannot copy and paste these. If you find something of particular interest, paraphrase the relevant part, and give directions for others to find it, for example, "See comment by JD on xx/xx/xxxx at xx:xx PM". Always provide a link. Then you can add your own thoughts as an "IF" statement, e.g., "If this information is true, then..."

Posts/comments are not to be considered fact, but if credible, they can be used as food for thought and ideas for further sleuthing. Just don't get carried away. Keyword is "credible".

snipped
... I went to the Sex Offender Registry for Jennings. Eliminating pedophiles, Child *advertiser censored*, offenders incarcerated during and after 2005 and other non-violent offences, I was able to come up with 3 names that live in close proximity of the area where the bodies were found. One in particular, right in the middle of a 4 body cluster. I know I cannot release the names here...

You can link to RSO's in the area of a crime, but use discretion. Don't post photos or full names. Initials are first name plus last initial should be okay.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors

You got it, Justiceforever. There are many blogs and forums dedicated to the Jennings murders. I've followed them, myself, for years now. Some are more credible than others, and I can't think of any that should be outright banned (this is subject to change).

Keep in mind, MSM should always be the first choice to source information. Unfortunately, many of the original articles have been archived and are no longer available online, or only available for a fee. If you come across a link to an article that's no longer available, but you can find the article on a website, you can link the website as the source.

A few examples:

The owner of this blog has amassed a great deal of information based on MSM reporting. The same owner has dedicated a separate page for each victim. The information on the victims' pages is a recap of MSM.

Another good link from this source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8229542/Length-of-Time-Between-Murders-by-G8trgirl-jdpkillerwordpresscom

Other good sources:

KLPC-TV

KATC-TV

AIT, LLC, P.I. Kirk Menard's agency's website

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10118&page=3

Regarding comments and posts by readers, we cannot copy and paste these. If you find something of particular interest, paraphrase the relevant part, and give directions for others to find it, for example, "See comment by JD on xx/xx/xxxx at xx:xx PM". Always provide a link. Then you can add your own thoughts as an "IF" statement, e.g., "If this information is true, then..."

Posts/comments are not to be considered fact, but if credible, they can be used as food for thought and ideas for further sleuthing. Just don't get carried away. Keyword is "credible".

Thanks Bessie. I'll keep that in mind and probably refer back to it often.

One more question, Bessie, just to clarify...if Kirk Menard states somewhere that a particular piece of information is a matter of public record, can we post that info? Even if he uses a full name? For example: let's say Kirk posts that The Duchess Of York found the body of Prince Albert...can we name the Duchess here?

snipped

You can link to RSO's in the area of a crime, but use discretion. Don't post photos or full names. Initials are first name plus last initial should be okay.

After over a year of being a Websleuth, I have read and understood the TOS's. Being a musician and some what of a public figure in my local scene, I would be horrified to´see my name put out in some blog and or forum as a possible suspect in any sort of crime. If I owned a business and a possible customer googled my name and or business and came across a forum where I or my business were named in a Serial Killer investigation from novice internet detectivges, such as myself, I would be miffed. So before I post anything, I think to myself, how would I feel if my name pops up in some hobby crime forum. Yes I do Sleuth. And I Sleuth hard. Hundreds of minuets, at work, at home and my friends, colleuges and family think I am to involved sometimes. But I, as you , we do it for justice. We can post 10000 theories, but if one is the key to break an unsolved mystery wide open, man it is worth it. We are a team.......MOO

A few examples:

For those just beginning to follow this case, I urge you to comb through the aforementioned site and the sister forum. A number of locals as well as some investigators hired by the victims families provided some extremely useful information.

That said, I, personally, would love to find out more about the rumors regarding the boudreaux inn ( [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3322134#post3322134]link[/ame] ). Esp, since 7 of the victims were alleged to have been caught up in a sex/drug ring bust when they were minors. Sorry, don't have a link wrt the latter but will add it once I find it.

I'm scouring that site now. It's a wealth of information. I would, however, respectfully suggest that anyone new to this case (that would be me!) use alot of discretion when picking and choosing what information they consider relevant. Look for posts by family members, ahlou, ea568, G8, and Kirk.

JMO

One more question, Bessie, just to clarify...if Kirk Menard states somewhere that a particular piece of information is a matter of public record, can we post that info? Even if he uses a full name? For example: let's say Kirk posts that The Duchess Of York found the body of Prince Albert...can we name the Duchess here?
KM is a viable source of information in this case, no question. However, same rules apply. If an individual has not been named in MSM, we can't post the name here. For now I'll say it is okay to link to a post and use initials.

I would, however, respectfully suggest that anyone new to this case (that would be me!) use alot of discretion when picking and choosing what information they consider relevant. Look for posts by family members, ahlou, ea568, G8, and Kirk.

JMO
Agreed. Just to add, this link from the same site contains a decent synopsis of the various violent crimes in and around Jennings.

Another worthy resource is the series: A Serial Killer in Jennings, Louisiana, on Joey Ortega's blog talk radio show, "behind the yellow tape." Part 4 is interesting, in that Ortega interviews Jesse Ewing, who took witness statements regarding the murders, and ended up facing charges himself.

Here's a link regarding the Boudreaux Inn ( link )

" Always 100% occupied due to truck stop and employment in area, and because of housing shortage."

And also because it's the most popular "no-tell motel" in town. :floorlaugh:

Here's a link regarding the Boudreaux Inn ( link )

I read through that link to discussion 19 (admittedly fast). I didn't see the B. Inn mentioned. Did I miss it? Is it in a previous disscussion? Is this the motel where FR was seen with one of the victims (was it crystal) in her final days

By the way thanks for that link. GREAT discussion!

I read through that link to discussion 19 (admittedly fast). I didn't see the B. Inn mentioned. Did I miss it? Is it in a previous disscussion? Is this the motel where FR was seen with one of the victims (was it crystal) in her final days

By the way thanks for that link. GREAT discussion!

No, the hotel where FR was staying when Kristen Gary Lopez went missing was Budget Inn.

Go here and register, if you haven't already, and look under Jeff Davis 8 General thread. B Inn has it's own thread there.

http://murderinjdp.49.forumer.com/index.php

Old news, probably posted in here somewhere, but here are some of the older cases:

An investigation by the Jennings Daily News reveals there are a total of 13 unsolved murders in Jeff Davis Parish dating back to the early 1990s.

Richard "Butch" Sonnier - body found February 9, 1993; beaten to death.

Harold Pitre - body found March 8, 1994; shot to death inside his home.

Sheila Comeaux - beaten February 14, 1998; died March 19,1999.

Harvey Leigh Burleigh - murdered July 25, 2007; found stabbed inside home.

Derrick Jackson - murdered December 10, 2008; shot to death on Main Street.

While authorities don't believe any of these murders are connected to the Jeff Davis 8, Dubois feels they deserve just as much attention.

[ame="http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=674102"]Alleged serial killer in Jennings, LA (Jeff Davis Parish) - 8 victims since 2005 - Page 4 - Help Find The Missing[/ame]

There are some more interesting articles posted there, it is a shorter thread than the jpdkiller board 45 threads are. Check out post # 66 on page 7!

And adding this for relationships:
Last year nearly 200 people, mostly Brown’s family, attended the march.
from post 86.

ETA: * Page about a few of the older murders, interesting reasons listed.

http://relatedcasesjdpkiller.wordpress.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back