"MissBimbo" site spurs controversy, critics

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/26/earlyshow/living/parenting/main3968896.shtml
A Web site is causing quite a stir in England, upsetting many parents and others.

As CBS News correspondent Sheila MacVicar reports, MissBimbo.com is a "game" that deals in fashion and hairstyles, and also offers up items such as breast enlargements and diet pills.

The site enables users to create a character, and play games or use credit cards or mobile phone text messages to buy "bimbo dollars" to feed and clothe their creation.

But there's more than fashion "for sale": cosmetic surgery including breast enlargements, for example.

And -- feed the character the wrong things, and the site warns she could become overweight, and offers diet pills as a remedy. Not real diet pills, but pills in the context of the game.
(more with video at news link)

(When they showed this on local news, they had two teenage boys using the site. ROFL)

I wouldnt let my daughter play it or own it as a teenager. It just seems to encourage behaviors of eating disorders and poor self esteem. Although this is mild compared to some of my husband's computer games , Grand Theft Auto's are some of his favorites. I dont like the way computer games are going, I remember my old atari with donkey kong pitfall and pacman.

I know, just the title is a turnoff, but I bet it attracts lots of young boys to the site.

Well for some reason I can't access the site.
I want to know if your character actually gets fat or if you are just warned about eating habits; and whether purchasing a boob job actually "enhances" your character. How cool would that be?
I really don't see this as much different than playing with Barbie dolls. Barbie always had a ridiculously tiny waist and huge *advertiser censored*.
And all those accessories!
My Barbie never did much with her life other than wear pretty clothes, drive cool cars and make out with Ken.:)

It sounds fun to me! I think I'll create an evil altar- ego.

I can see where this would bother some parents, but it's just another game, IMO. If you don't want your child playing it, then don't let them!

Is there a MrBimbo?

Interesting. I have noticed in Second Life, maybe 1 percent of all the avatrars are larger. My avatar is pretty and likes to dress like Mariah Carey. LOLOL.

I can see where this would bother some parents, but it's just another game, IMO. If you don't want your child playing it, then don't let them!

Is there a MrBimbo?

I think that's Ken.lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member