Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #12

Now here's the kicker...this volunteer intern isn't young, he's 33. And here I was thinking it was a college student in the 18-21 age range.

Ocean, Elliott Potter seems to be talking out of both sides of his mouth. He says his reporter was contacted about his sources but yet in the next paragraph says his reporter wouldn't give out contact info without clearing it with the source first. So which was it?

Did LK not bother to check out the 'reporter' from Newsweek? I thought as journalists they are to verify things. And there's no telling---it could be that LK was contacted by the intern.

Someone at OTC has suggested that LK was in on the 'sting' with OCSO.

But the intern has been arrested and JDNews has finally updated part of their original article to include the arrest and a photo of Robert Sharpe. (use the same link that I posted above)

TG, I haven't seen anything about the presser being aired live, but I do hope it is! If I see anything I'll let ya'll know.

Now here's the kicker...this volunteer intern isn't young, he's 33. And here I was thinking it was a college student in the 18-21 age range.

Ocean, Elliott Potter seems to be talking out of both sides of his mouth. He says his reporter was contacted about his sources but yet in the next paragraph says his reporter wouldn't give out contact info without clearing it with the source first. So which was it?

Did LK not bother to check out the 'reporter' from Newsweek? I thought as journalists they are to verify things. And there's no telling---it could be that LK was contacted by the intern.

But the intern has been arrested and JDNews has finally updated part of their original article to include the arrest and a photo of Robert Sharpe. (use the same link that I posted above)

TG, I haven't seen anything about the presser being aired live, but I do hope it is! If I see anything I'll let ya'll know.
Thanks girl, I appreciate that!

Thanks.

The documents nor the CD were found in the search warrant of his home. Do you think he turned those things over to Lindell and I sure would like to know if so, how long Lindell had them before the fake reporter called him.:confused:

imoo

Thanks.

The documents nor the CD were found in the search warrant of his home. Do you think he turned those things over to Lindell and I sure would like to know if so, how long Lindell had them before the fake reporter called him.:confused:

imoo

That's something I would like to know too.

Maybe Hudson will shed some light on it during his presser.

TG, the presser is to be aired live on wral.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson scheduled a news conference for 3 p.m. Friday to discuss the results of an investigation into the theft. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

Oh and more info is coming out about the intern:

Robert Paul Sharpe, 33, of 147 Harris Creek Road in Jacksonville, was charged with one count each of embezzlement and misdemeanor larceny and was released on an unsecured $10,000 bond.

Sharpe is a University of North Carolina-Wilmington student who worked as an intern in Hudson's office, according to arrest warrants. He copied papers and CDs containing investigative reports and took them out of the office, the warrants state.

The above are found here: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3386067/

WRAL doesn't mention anything about the sexual preferences...maybe they are waiting until the presser...Also Mr. Sharpe doesn't live too far from Sheriff Brown.

TG, the presser is to be aired live on wral.

District Attorney Dewey Hudson scheduled a news conference for 3 p.m. Friday to discuss the results of an investigation into the theft. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

Oh and more info is coming out about the intern:

Robert Paul Sharpe, 33, of 147 Harris Creek Road in Jacksonville, was charged with one count each of embezzlement and misdemeanor larceny and was released on an unsecured $10,000 bond.

Sharpe is a University of North Carolina-Wilmington student who worked as an intern in Hudson's office, according to arrest warrants. He copied papers and CDs containing investigative reports and took them out of the office, the warrants state.

The above are found here: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3386067/

WRAL doesn't mention anything about the sexual preferences...maybe they are waiting until the presser...Also Mr. Sharpe doesn't live too far from Sheriff Brown.
icon14.gif
Thanks, I'll be watching!

Anthing yet???? I've yet to see a link where the presser is being aired at WRAL :confused:

Okay, was it just my connection, or did that live feed suck :crazy:

Okay, was it just my connection, or did that live feed suck :crazy:

Yes the connection sucked...I had probs with it and finally went to wral and then had to turn the speakers up, way up. Now when they get up to view later, I'm going to re-watch it and catch up on what I missed during the audio breaks.

Ocean, here's the answer to your question: OCSO didn't get the files/CD from Sharpe's residence. OCSO staked out Hudson's office and when Sharpe left at 2 a.m. Thursday morning OCSO stopped Sharpe and he had the files and CD on his person.

WNCT has the raw footage of the presser up here: http://www.wnct.com/nct/news/local/article/raw_video_laurean_document_theft_briefing/16541/

I don't know how long they will keep it up since they are known to not keep things on their site for any period of time.

Thanks again, Sandy.

I watched it but let me ask you something. They said Rick Sutherland picked up on this because when he was monitoring Lindell's blog and it was because of the bragging way that it was being said about having information no one had.

:confused: I have been gone for three weeks and haven't been over there. So who was bragging? Were they talking about Sharpe and he was posting over there or are they talking about Lindell?

imoo

WNCT has the raw footage of the presser up here: http://www.wnct.com/nct/news/local/article/raw_video_laurean_document_theft_briefing/16541/

I don't know how long they will keep it up since they are known to not keep things on their site for any period of time.
Oh man, that was so much better watching that, thanks a bunch SB.

From watching the bad video the first time, and only gathering bits and pieces I immediately thought it was LK who was bragging over at OTC :)

He has in the past kinda led us along with some things, and we never did hear any more on what he had said. Also, there was that 'tid-bit' from another reporter who mentioned to LK on the blog about telling him later something about Maria's bio. parents...........never heard more on that either.

Anyway, after hearing the good video, Sheriff Brown make it pretty clear it wasn't LK who was doing the bragging of facts over at OTC, it just happened to be LK's blog. Since I haven't followed the blog closely for a long time I'm not sure who the poster was????

Sheriff: Intern tried to sell criminal case files

An intern at a North Carolina district attorney's office was arrested Friday after investigators said he offered to sell confidential documents in a high-profile case of a slain pregnant Marine for an "astronomical" fee to an undercover agent.

Robert Paul Sharpe, 33, of Jacksonville was charged with embezzlement and misdemeanor larceny for taking files in the murder case against Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who is accused of killing Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and burying her burned body in his backyard.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article_ap?id=127969

Oh man, that was so much better watching that, thanks a bunch SB.

<snipped>

Anyway, after hearing the good video, Sheriff Brown make it pretty clear it wasn't LK who was doing the bragging of facts over at OTC, it just happened to be LK's blog. Since I haven't followed the blog closely for a long time I'm not sure who the poster was????

Marine4400 is the poster who stated that he had read the medical records among other things.

He started posting sometime the beginning of this month and his last post was on 8/11. They are still there, look under Lauterbach case update and Mary Lauterbach testifies. Under the Mary Lauterbach testifies, his posts are down towards the bottom of all the 600+ posts.

Marine4400 is the poster who stated that he had read the medical records among other things.

He started posting sometime the beginning of this month and his last post was on 8/11. They are still there, look under Lauterbach case update and Mary Lauterbach testifies. Under the Mary Lauterbach testifies, his posts are down towards the bottom of all the 600+ posts.
Sorry, I should have come back here and let you know I read the posts in question.

The poster didn't say much more than what LK had said a long way back, and that was that the child wasn't Cesars.

I wonder when Cesar will be extradited back to North Carolina? At this rate, he will die of old age before the trial!

Still waiting gor an update for when Cesar will be extradited back to North Carolina for prosecution! Is Hudson not even giving anyone a ballpark idea of when this may happen?
What is taking so long?

I will NEVER forget Maria and baby Gabriel!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back