Missing 8 mo Pregnant Marine Maria Frances Lauterbach- NC #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
something I heard on Greta last night that really upset me. She hinted that Maria may not have been dead when he set her body on fire. Why would Greta say something like this unless she had heard some kind of rumor about it. Did anybody else remember hearing this. Dr. Baden said there is a way to tell if that were the case. IMG, if that is true, this man is truly a monster.

I missed Greta last night, but she does look at all the possibilities. Dr. Baden would be the one to ask about it. However, Maria died from Blunt Force Trauma and the blood evidence of the murder was found (possibly) in the garage. This would mean she was dead before he burned her. If she were still alive, her lungs would prove it.

"According to the police affidavit, Laurean and his wife, Christina, also a Marine, met with an attorney in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on January 9. The lawyer told Laurean he could be looking at the death penalty."

So, if he tells this story to the attorney that Maria committed suicide like he said, he wouldn't be looking at the death penalty. If he just buried her, that wouldn't warrant the DP. So in my mind, he must have admitted killing her to this attorney, right? Otherwise, why would this attorney bring up the DP.

I think he admitted to the atty. They advised him to go home, get things in order and then turn himself in the next day. On the way him, he and Christina got to talking and the idea of running came up. After all, apparently already thought about how it might play out as far as the rape case. Then before sunrise and before his atty would be expecting him, he left....

something I heard on Greta last night that really upset me. She hinted that Maria may not have been dead when he set her body on fire. Why would Greta say something like this unless she had heard some kind of rumor about it. Did anybody else remember hearing this. Dr. Baden said there is a way to tell if that were the case. IMG, if that is true, this man is truly a monster.

And didn't he borrow the shovel to dig the hole on 12/24? No pit to burn her in yet.

I am not a Lawyer, but as an Officer Of The Court...would he be able to let him leave after confessing to murder and without calling LE?

He has a different attorney assigned to him now because he said last night that he has never met his client or even spoken with him.

O boy, not wild about Greta.
I'll wait for further news.....not even going to touch that with a 10ft pole...

I am not a Lawyer, but as an Officer Of The Court...would he be able to let him leave after confessing to murder and without calling LE?

I asked that earlier, but I don't know. He is still protected from atty client priv. Did he have an arrest warrant out for him at that time. I would think if there was a warrant out, they would have to turn him in. But if he confessed to them, I don't think they have to. Because turning yourself it before a warrant issued is like confessing to the crime, right?

If Christina really does believe & they DNA the baby and it does in fact come back to be 's son...What do you guys think she is going to do?

He has a different attorney assigned to him now because he said last night that he has never met his client or even spoken with him.

So, he just had a consultation with another lawyer and actually hadn't hired one yet? And a lawyer one of the news conferences was curious how he could have an atty appointed already because that usually doesn't happen until your first appearance in court and you are declared indigent.

no, he wouldn't have to. Client-attorney privilege. Lots of people confess to their attorneys.

I thought it was odd he already had a new attorney, but maybe his family got him one?

For a situation like this I think that law needs to be changed..they could of had their guy that night! That really upsets me. :mad:

I asked that earlier, but I don't know. He is still protected from atty client priv. Did he have an arrest warrant out for him at that time. I would think if there was a warrant out, they would have to turn him in. But if he confessed to them, I don't think they have to. Because turning yourself it before a warrant issued is like confessing to the crime, right?

Christina grew up in Prospect Ohio. I think her father still lives there. If you google him there is an address for Bruce Shifflet in Prospect. I think she would have gone to school there.

There are two Prospects, Ohio - one northwest and one southwest of Columbus. I mapquested it to see if I live anywhere close (I don't). To do anything, you'd have to know if it is Prospect, Marion County or Prospect, Highland County.

Yes because there was no warrant yet.And it a lawyer cliient priveldge. just like if Peterson had told geragos he murdered Lacy. it would never be said.

Ok guys..pm me if anything important happens! I have to go to bed it's almost midnight again..As always big prayers tonight for beautiful Maria & little baby Gabe! :blowkiss:

There are two Prospects, Ohio - one northwest and one southwest of Columbus. I mapquested it to see if I live anywhere close (I don't). To do anything, you'd have to know if it is Prospect, Marion County or Prospect, Highland County.

looks like zip is 43342 that makes it to the northwest of columbus near marion? That help? there marion harding high school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam