Discussion in 'Maria Lauterbach - pregnant Marine' started by chicoliving, Jan 14, 2008.
Camper ~ I understood the neighbor (on Greta tonight) to say it was 6:30am he saw both CL and the wife, not in the evening. But even at that it is off from what we've been thinking that he left around 4am. Maybe 4am was on the note and that's when he intended to leave, but then she woke up or for some reason he didn't leave as early as planned? But then, why would the wife not give him more of a head start and take the note to LE at 8am? Something's not making sense with the neighbor's story!
Thank you chico!
Maybe it was 6:30pm the night before? That would make sense if he worked a night shift. But we all now know he never showed up for that night shift. I think JJ found that info. He could have split at 6:30 PM and that would give him a 13 hour lead on LE.
Did we confirm whether Christina was given immunity? Or what the person who posted that being sarcastic?
6:30 on WHAT DAY?
I'm not sure the neighbor saw what he said he saw ON THE DATE he said he saw it?
I also am getting the feeling that the neighbor is enjoying the media attention just a little TOO much - it sure seems that as time goes on he is feeding the media all sorts of info I am not sure he could "know" --- just to be on TV and be in the center of the story. And remember this info is NOT being filtered thru LE FIRST for verification and whether it fits the info LE KNOWS and the evidence they have. This guy could pretty much say ANYTHING at this point and it would go nationwide within seconds of him saying it - with absolutely NO verification or corroboration by LE as to its veracity. We should be careful with any eyewitness info that comes from ANYONE until LE has a chance to verify it. Even if the eyewitness is 100%v truthful and DID see POS or something helpful to the investigation till it's VERIFIED by authorities then it's ALL unverified rumor and talk - as is what we are speculating her at WS right now.
And did I just read Mrs POS was NOT out of town - just "not at home" when POS killed Maria??? Well then IMO there is NO WAY she didn't know Maria was dead and POS killed her - because that much blood did not get cleaned up and painted over perfectly in a few HOURS. Surely she did NOT really believe that Maria came over to their house just to cut her own throat in their living room?? And if she DID believe it then WHY did she not call LE the minute she found a blood-soaked house and a dead Maria?? Mrs POS knew Maria was dead for 25 DAYS and calmly looked at her car in her driveway, went around painting over her blood and burning her body and landscaping OVER her and the baby's remains in her yard and spending Maria's MONEY - and she didn't say a WORD when word got out Maria was missing - but DID make sure Maria's car left her driveway ASAP and Maria's phone got found far away and OH, and someone made sure a note was left in Maria's apt and Maria's toothbrush was taken and someone (female) bought a a bus ticket to El Paso for a dead woman.
Mrs POS going to need some immunity, I think.
I have never read anything to confirm this SQ, or have I heard it in the Media.
No, the neighbor said his wife walks their chihuahuas every morning at 6:30 and then gets her daughter up for school. He said she saw Laurean in front of his house when she took the dogs out, but by 8:00 when the daughter left for school, Laurean had already "fleed."
Laurean was a personnel clerk. They do not have a night shift.
Thanks for the info.
Correct, I heard the same interview!!
Just finished reading all the updates and comments from Monday. How sad that Maria was subjected to verbal abuse, rape, pregnancy and the thoughts and worries of facing a trial. Then to see the pos again and be violently murdered and burned and buried with her unborn baby. Where is the justice?
This creep needs to be caught asap. And his wife IMO should be also be questioned...she could well be an accomplice in this case. I don't buy her story for a minute.
Something I just thought of. I hope Christina isn't offered any type of immunity until Cesar is caught. Because they could very well find out that she was an equal party then they are screwed in prosecuting her. Am I correct on that? Isn't that what happened with that creepy girl and her husband that killed her sister? They were from Canada.
--->>>I stand corrected. The neighbor did say that his own wife was nosy, and that was how he knew times etc. The first he knew about anything was when his wife called him and told him there were about 25 police cars next door.
I was listening to the Sheriff talk and something he said struck me as odd...( I know I know ) He said after finding the note Christina took the note to the command on Camp Lejune & they in turn took it to the Sheriff he said he recieved the note at 9am. OK...then Christina's father said Christina tried to make POS turn himself in..to do the right thing blah blah blah...so if POS supposedly left the house at 4am & Christina was already at that time telling him to do the right thing and turn himself in why did she wait all those hours to report this? I think she is involved and I think the only reason she didn't run with him is because of their daughter...I only wish they gave Maria's son as much consideration! :furious:
Yeah... Karla Homolka... she was in the thick of those murders right beside her husband. She's a free woman now, living under a new identity.
I agree, I hope they wait until he is caught before dealing with the wife and clearing out all possible aspects in regards of her being just as or partly culpable in Maria's murder.
Authorities are on the hunt for Lance Corporal Cesar Armando Laurean. He graduated from Palo Verde High School in 2005.
His parents live in Las Vegas, and today Action News had a chance to get some reactions from neighbors.
Panthera - Yes, the 6:30 A.M. time is correct.
However, just for accuracy - the male neighbor did not say "he" saw Cesar the morning he fled. He said that "his wife" saw Cesar outside getting ready to leave when "she" took her dogs out for a walk - something she does every morning at 6:30. He stated that his wife then wakes their daughter for school. He said the school bus comes at 8 AM and his wife told him Laurean's car was gone at that time.
He also said that he & his wife had seen "both" Cesar & Christina outside in their driveway the previous evening. Said he thought they were arguing as young couples do & that his wife was trying to overhear their conversation.
In my mind - we're still, more or less, dealing with hearsay. The neighbor is telling the reporter what he says his wife told him.
Originally Posted by Panthera - thread 5 - pg 19
I agree she'd be capable of doing him in too. There is a problem with the theory though. The neighbor just said (on Greta's show) that he saw both of them at 6:30am on Friday. That doesn't make sense though since Christina said he'd left at 4am and she went to LE at 8am ~ so CL only had an 1-1/2 hr. head start on LE?
Ok I was digging around a little bit and was able to view POS private pictures on his myspace page... He only has one other one then the one used as his default but you can see it larger and get a better idea on what he looks like...here ya go! http://lads.myspace.com/slides/photoslider.swf?u=280188354
Didn't Nancy G ask that last night, and the sheriff didn't answer it?
Welcome to WS, Galvino! We have great people around here and we are glad to have you join us!
OK I have finally caught up reading here and after listening to reports last night, I think the comments the Sheriff made about the wife were very telling. I am learning to read between his lines and it isn't pretty. (It is a good thing this Sheriff has an honesty policy where he tries not to have his words come back on him and we get to watch the DA cringe everytime the Sheriff speaks. LOL)
His comments on the wife to me were glaring with the reality she has been telling them she had no involvement, but they don't believe her story. It also makes me believe they do not have an immunity agreement with her...yet. The Sheriff was making that clear in the statement he made about her being a witness TODAY. As they are gathering evidence in this case, they are also questioning her knowledge and involvement. She could very well be a player and everything she has done was to set up her husband for killing the woman who threatened her life as she knew it. The only thing we know for certain is that she is a former Marine.
I have questions for her:
1. How long have you known about Maria L. and how did you gain this knowledge? Did you have personal contact with Maria? What was your knowledge of the rape charges against your husband? When did you find out about her pregnancy? Were you aware they were waiting on her child to be born to determine paternity and it would be a key element in that case? Were you aware of the protective orders taken out against your husband?
2. Were you jealous? Your husband possibly either raped or had an affair with Maria. Either way, you have been betrayed if the child turns out to be his. Were you angry when you found he had been accused? Did you ever confront Maria about the charges or the child she was carrying?
3. Where were you when this woman was being brutally slain in your home?
4. Where did you think your husband was during this time?
5. Where was your child?
6. When this woman went missing, your husband was seen parking her car in your driveway. Did you see the vehicle? Did you ever drive or ride in the vehicle? Did you ever ask your husband who the vehicle belonged to or why he was driving it? Did you go with your husband to leave the vehicle where it was found by LE?
7. Did you purchase a bus ticket to El Paso, TX on Dec. 15th?
8. What reason did your husband give for tearing out part of your back fence and burning it in your backyard? Digging a "cavity"? Was the the hole in the back fence the reason you then took your dog and child to the front yard? Was this "fire pit" used for a BBQ after Dec. 15th? Who attended?
9. Where is the bedding or furniture from the room where they found blood evidence? Carpeting? Clothes that could have been out and may have blood on them? Lamps? You have blood on your ceiling and in another place in your home. Obviously, blood did not just appear on the ceiling and not on other things in the room. What is missing from your home since Dec. 15th?
10. Someone tried to clean it up the mess, did you help? Where are the rags, the mop, the gloves, or anything else used in this attempt such as trash bags? Who bought the bleach or other items to clean this horrific scene? Who bought the paint? Did you help with the painting as a neighbor has suggested? Where are the receipts and what dates were all of the above items purchased?
11. After finding the note left by your husband, why didn't you pick up the phone immediately and dial 911? Did you go into the backyard to investigate his claims? How long did you stay in the home after finding out a woman was brutally murdered in your home? Did you see your husband on the day he left? What time and what did you discuss?
These are questions I would want answers to for starters. You would think that LE has already asked her, but also in the Sheriff's interviews...he has implied for now they are not asking the hard questions of her, but allowing her to provide information and stick to her story. I would consider it giving her enough rope myself. They don't want her to "lawyer up". When they find him, they want to hear his side of the story and see if he implicates her in this murder.
Separate names with a comma.