Missing Baby Lisa Sighting Reported in Kansas

Discussion in 'Lisa Irwin' started by ~n/t~, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

And there was a woman who claimed she saw Laci Peterson in a supermarket with a man.

2. aks9847

aks9847 New Member

3. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

My father was a defense attorney. He had plenty of morals and was very ethical. I do not think it is fair to paint everyone with such a broad brush.

4. raeann

raeann Well-Known Member

That highway (24) heads north a ways toward the reservior and then sort of northwest I believe before going back north. Only small towns from there clear on up into Nebraska. If I saw a car leave there and head north I would think their most likely path would be a left turn onto Bluemont and then west from there which takes you past Kansas State University campus area....and Aggieville, a local gathering area for bars and shops, and then has access by numerous ways to connect to Highway 18 (path to Ft. Riley and Junction City) or back down from there to I 70 (path to anywhere east or west).

5. anothersheart71

anothersheart71 New Member

Just heard on news that cashier called LE from the deli.....that she had the ladies credit card information and passed that on to the LE as well and they are trying to track usage of the card as well as the APB on the car.....praying!

6. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Puzzling, ain't it? How do you know the year but not the model?

7. c@rol

c@rol Active Member

:cry::cry:

8. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

:floorlaugh:

9. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Oh come on. I didn't for a second believe it was her.

10. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Day 15: Possible sighting of baby matching Lisa's description leads to investigation

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15721746/day-15-still-no-word-on-where-lisa-irwin-might-be

11. c@rol

c@rol Active Member

Well.. sorry to hear that. I personally never give up hope. If there is a slight chance she is alive and well.. I pray for it to be true. No matter what.

12. aks9847

aks9847 New Member

"We had a call from a woman who was inside McAlister's who saw a child that looked like the missing baby with two women that, for whatever reason, kind of made her feel suspicious in the way they reacted to her looking at them. When they left the business, she got a vehicle description and direction of travel of the car and she then notified the police," said Captain Kurt Moldrup, an administrator with the Riley County Police Department.

The witness described the car as a small black vehicle, 1998-1999 model with possible Missouri tags. She told officers the car headed north on Tuttle Creek Boulevard towards Riley but after that, Moldrup says the driver could have turned and went in any direction. Tuttle Creek Boulevard is a main arterial roadway in Manhattan, with access to Highway 24 and K-177 and K-18, both of which lead to Interstate 70. Moldrup could not provide a description of the women that were with the child.

"We were unable to locate any such vehicle. We then put out an attempt to locate to other area agencies just to make sure we had the bases covered. Obviously, we took this tip seriously but that's all we have. We have no way of knowing whether it was the baby or not. We treat it as such. We've also notified the Kansas City Police Department, the agency handling her disappearance," Captain Moldrup added.

When asked how sure the witness was that the baby she saw was Lisa Irwin, he responded, "She was sure enough that she felt she need to call us." The woman, whose name is not being released, was being interviewed Tuesday afternoon and Moldrup said officers would be looking for any surveillance footage captured in the area.

13 News contacted the Topeka Police Department who said they had not been alerted to the incident. The Kansas Highway Patrol in Salina also said they were not alerted as of 3:00 p.m.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/132044178.html

13. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Frankly if you can figure out a year by the tail lights, why can't you figure out the model?

14. Wagara

Wagara Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...

I don't think that's odd. I am no good at identifying car models. Cars look too much alike these days. But the year of a car is easier to judge IMO. New reeks new...now there are colors that change and rims that glow...older cars are plain looking and show their wear IMO.

15. feistygurl

feistygurl Verified Insider

They can date a car by tail lights, bumpers ect and not have a specific model.

16. feistygurl

feistygurl Verified Insider

Frankly because certain tail lights can be on lots of different models.

17. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

Baby lisa is really the epitome of the Gerber Baby and I'm afraid there are going to be dozens of sightings a day. I know people are looking top and bottom for baby Lisa, but I'm afraid she's a mile or 2 from her home.

After all, if someone stole baby Lisa, do you think they'd be out shoppin with her right now? I don't.

MOOOO - thanks.

Mel

18. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Frankly these poor women are probably going to be afraid to go out with their child.

19. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

And use your credit card to pay your bill?

20. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I find it very odd the vehemence of the attacks on this story; regardless of whether or not it pans out, it does offer some of us a bit of hope that baby Lisa might still be alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.