Missing Cat Found in Owner's Suitcase

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Gina_M, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Gina_M

Gina_M New Member

Missing Cat Found in Owner's Suitcase

Levy tore the house apart looking for the 10-month-old tabby who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Rob Carter, of Fort Worth, told The Dallas Morning News for its online edition Tuesday that he made it home with the suitcase.
    "I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," Carter said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

More at link:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iqJU6e-wuoYVtsJI4tbq_GDfF4cgD8UBBCL00

2. Loading...

3. Blondieskatz

Blondieskatz Active Member

That's such a sweet story. :) Those kittens can just curl up and sleep anywhere!

4. Trino

Trino Active Member

Just gotta tell you about Fred, our cat.

My husband and I couldn't find Fred, despite searching the entire house and outside for several hours. I finally gave up and went to bed, but my husband stayed in the living room to read another chapter of his book. As he read, he heard a faint meow, looked around, and there was Fred, his cute face pressed against the inside glass at the bottom of the grandfather clock which I had wound hours before.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

"I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

Cute story with a happy ending, but that one line tickled my funnybone. I probably would have screamed, too... screamed, jumped on the bed, scared to death. LoL

6. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

"If I couldn't have found a good home, I would have kept it," he said. "We were going to name it Suitcase."

:D :D

Great story. Rob Carter sounds like a cool guy. :) I'm so glad the kitty is safe... travelling home in style... LOL.

7. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

I love stories like this. It makes me happy to see people that love animals as much as me.

8. Shazza

Shazza Former Member

It is such a feel good story, the cat must have been scared out of its wits, but everything turned out well and the cat safely returned to its owners.

Its lovely to hear a story like this as opposed to the stories in "up to the minute" or "crimes in the news".

I would love to read more in this thread but unfortunately there seems to be more bad news than good. But thats life.

9. Blondieskatz

Blondieskatz Active Member

Shazza,
    I understand how you feel. I come to this "News That Makes You Smile" thread, because I wanna hear some good news! Too bad there's not more of it!

10. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

Such a cute story, and i wonderful man for returning it to the owners!!

11. panthera

panthera Retired WS Staff

Thanks for posting this here ~ it does make me smile that she survived the trip in the suitcase and seems to be fine! :)

12. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Great story!

13. absinthe

absinthe Former Member

So cute! Reminds me of my kitten, Izzy.

That's disheartening that airport security didn't notice the cat on the x-rays, though.

14. NewMom2003

NewMom2003 Former Member

What a great story!!! Lucky little cat!

15. NewMom2003

NewMom2003 Former Member

I think that's disheartening too. :( Aren't they supposed to really scrutinize the images on those monitors.

Maybe they saw it and thought it was a stuffed animal. :confused:

16. Paladin

Paladin Former Member

LOL, they were going to name the cat "Suitcase" if they couldn't locate the owner.

What a great story. Definitely, this Rob Carter guy sounds like a great person.