Missing Dog Launched from Vehicle During Car Accident, Found on a Farm Herding Sheep

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by TootsieFootsie, Jun 9, 2021.

1. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

Missing Dog Launched from Vehicle During Car Accident, Found on a Farm Herding Sheep

According to KHQ.com, the 2-year-old border collie was ejected from the rear of his owner's GMC Yukon during a car accident on Sunday in Rathdrum, Idaho. Tilly fled the scene of the collision after being launched from the vehicle.

On Tuesday, siblings Tyler and Travis Potter noticed something weird about their Australian shepherd Hooey while watching the dog on their family farm, according to The Spokesman-Review. Hooey looked different, and upon closer inspection, Tyler and Travis figured out why. The dog out there wasn't Hooey at all, but Tilly, who managed to find his way to the Potter Farm, 1.5 miles from the crash site.

2. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

What a great story! To a border collie getting an opportunity to herd, must’ve thought it died and went to heaven.

Ajaygee11, Luckyzmom, kai and 2 others like this.
  3. TootsieFootsie

I bet he was having the time of his life :)

Ajaygee11, Luckyzmom, kai and 2 others like this.
  4. Treacletoo

Treacletoo Member

I had a border collie who I left at my daughters when I went overseas. He was old and it was only 6 months before he died.
    My daughter had chickens and she would get the four kids out to round up the chickens when it was time to put them in the hen house at night.
    The first time, he joined in and had a great time.
    The next evening, my daughter called the kids to put the hens away and when they went out, there was Ralph sitting in the door of the hen house with them all safely herded and perched on their roosts.

5. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

I believe NJ is the only state that requires dogs to be buckled in. Makes sense - not just in terms of distracted driving, but if your car rolls over, the dog can cause serious injuries to occupants (and itself, of course).

6. TootsieFootsie

Awww that's adorable :)

He was sitting there waiting to be patted and get a "good boy" :)

MistyWaters, Catmommy and Luckyzmom like this.
  7. Treacletoo

Treacletoo Member

And he did, but mainly it was because he was waiting for them to close the wire door to the henhouse.

TootsieFootsie likes this.
  8. TootsieFootsie

And I bet he would have closed that door if he could :)

Luckyzmom likes this.
  9. Treacletoo

Treacletoo Member

He could open screen doors by pulling the lever down, but he was never big on closing doors.