Missing Native American Women

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/s...ohol-poisoning-brittany-mad-plume/2942176002/

This article also merits review, in light of missing native American women. Not discussing the serious issue of substance abuse among Native American women ignores it. And this means that federal dollars placed into a fund to raise awareness of missing native American women, takes money and focus off of an issue that is part of the problem, substance abuse.

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/s...ohol-poisoning-brittany-mad-plume/2942176002/

This article also merits review, in light of missing native American women. Not discussing the serious issue of substance abuse among Native American women ignores it. And this means that federal dollars placed into a fund to raise awareness of missing native American women, takes money and focus off of an issue that is part of the problem, substance abuse.

This article is about one teenager. The epidemic of missing and murdered Indigenous women is a huge issue that affects Alaska, Canada, and the US. Canada is, I believe now at least keeping track of them, but not the rest of the continent. Substance abuse, I agree causes many problems with all walks of life, not just Indigenous women.

I am in Canada I grew up in the prairies , my childhood was in the pas Manitoba my neighbor was convicted many many years later for the murder of Helen Betty Osborne . I raised my family in Winnipeg unfortunately two of my children's friends were victims of murder Felicia Solomon they only found her thigh in the river and Kelly morrosseau she was murdered 8 months pregnant . We have so many murdered and missing
There is no justice for Tina Fontaine.
There is no justice for Colten Boushie.
There is no justice for Barbara Kentner.
There is no justice for Kara Clark.
There is no justice for Savannah Greywind.
There is no justice for Pamela Holopainen.
There is no justice for Joey Knapaysweet.
There is no justice for Delaine Copenace.
There is no justice for Cindy Gladue.
There is no justice for Kelly Morrisseau.
There is no justice for Maisy Odjick.
There is no justice for Shannon Alexander.
There is no justice for Sandra Johnson.
There is no justice for Santina Graza.
There is no justice for Serena McKay.
There is no justice for Sonya Cywink.
There is no justice for Amanda Barlett.
There is no justice for Jennifer Catcheway.
There is no justice for JJ Harper.
There is no justice for Adrian Lacquette.
There is no justice for Betty Osborne.
There is no justice for Neil Stonechild.
There is no justice for Felicia Solomon.
There is no justice for William Wapoose.
There is no justice for Pamela George.
There is no justice for Leah Anderson.
There is no justice for Helen Betty Osborne.
There is no justice for Adrian Lacquette.
There is no justice for Bella Laboucan-Mclean.
There is no justice for Nadine Machiskinic.
There is no justice for Jordan River Anderson.
There is no justice for Donald Marshall Jr.
There is no justice for Krystal Lee Andrews.
There is no justice for Colten Pratt.
There is no justice for Evan Caron.
There is no justice for Craig McDougall.
There is no justice for William John Nevin Jr.
There is no justice for Cyril Weenusk.
There is no justice for Christine Wood.
There is no justice for Adele J Morin.
There is no justice for Austin Monias.
There is no justice for Travis Colombe.
There is no justice for Gregory Bruce Trout.
There is no justice for Jethro Anderson.
There is no justice for Tammy Keeash.
There is no justice for Joanne Neepin.
There is no justice for Jarita Naistus.
There is no justice for Matthew Bouchie.
There is no justice for Albert Goosehead.
There is no justice for Josiah Begg.
There is no justice for Wilfred Asham.
There is no justice for Marie Lynette Spence.
There is no justice for Paul Panacheese.
There is no justice for Tiffany M Skye.
There is no justice for Hillary Wilson.
There is no justice for Melissa Joyce Bighetty.
There is no justice for Elizabeth Dorion.
There is no justice for Patsy Favel.
There is no justice for Naomi Desjarlais.
There is no justice for Chloe Cameron.
There is no justice for Azraya Kokopenace.
There is no justice for Errol Greene.
There is no justice for Matthew Dumas.
There is no justice for those who's names remain unsaid or have been forgotten.

Would be nice if the article text is c&p here.
Trying to read in from Europe...but due to privacy restrictions,no acces
"-451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact citynews@billingsgazette.com or call (800) 762-6397."
TIA

"The stories were heartbreaking and viscerally violent. Perrier talked about how, at just 12 years old, she was pulled into the sex trade, sold to a ship captain named Charlie, and forced to ride in the hull of a cargo ship that set out from Thunder Bay in Ontario, Canada, and then shuffled through different ports, with one in Duluth, MN, serving as a major hotspot. Stark spoke about her time being exploited for *advertiser censored* and the realities of trying to get politicians to pay attention. Larsen talked about being date-raped at 57 years old, just under a year prior to the panel."

-“If there’s no data then it’s like there’s not a problem,” Buffalo told Splinter. “It doesn’t exist.”-

:mad::(
https://splinternews.com/inside-the-fight-for-missing-and-murdered-indigenous-wo-1833325455

I don't know the statistics on missing Native American women but I do know that crimes on Indian land are strictly handled in-house. Your regular, local policeman are not allowed.

Tribes are considered sovereign but also considered a “Domestic Dependent Nation” which means that the Federal government has ultimate authority in most tribal affairs. When it comes to crime the Federal government and the US Attorneys office are responsible for investigating and prosecuting Felonies. The US Attorneys office has by and large refused to prosecute many crimes including homicide , rape, and kidnapping.

Tribes are considered sovereign but also considered a “Domestic Dependent Nation” which means that the Federal government has ultimate authority in most tribal affairs. When it comes to crime the Federal government and the US Attorneys office are responsible for investigating and prosecuting Felonies. The US Attorneys office has by and large refused to prosecute many crimes including homicide , rape, and kidnapping.
It isn't that the Feds are refusing because they don't care. But often it is impossible to get witnesses, so prosecution just isn't possible. They don't keep a big presence on the reservations because they aren't wanted, but then when needed, they don't have the means to really be effective. Its a bad catch-22. There really needs to be a re-evaluation about reservation law enforcement. Some tribes/reservations are better than others on this, so there is no one-size-fits all solution.

You probably haven’t seen anything on the news but if you google ‘ Missing Native American Women ‘. You’ll see what I mean. They are turning up missing and murdered at a crazy high rate. Both off tribal lands and in the cities. It’s also happening in Canada. The law can’t even give the statistics on them and it seems to be brushed aside

#MMIW

That is incredibly sad. Its likely she died that same day she was taken, so I don't think a better investigation would have saved her. But that is a worthless effort by LE in that case. And then they threw away all of her stuff?! WTH? And then to walk out early from the meeting?

That is incredibly sad. Its likely she died that same day she was taken, so I don't think a better investigation would have saved her. But that is a worthless effort by LE in that case. And then they threw away all of her stuff?! WTH? And then to walk out early from the meeting?
I totally agree with you on that! :( Disgraceful behavior from LE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back