Missing Teen Returns Home After Two Years, His Story Left The Authorities Surprised

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by doodles1211, Feb 5, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

This is quite a story....

"Aubrey Carroll is a 17-year-old teen who returned home after he disappeared for two years. Police authorities announced in a press release on Tuesday that Aubrey has returned home safe and seemingly unharmed.

In the video, he tells people that he is perfectly fine and healthy and appreciates the people who supported his family.

On April 10, 2018, the investigators of this case from FBI, the Griffin Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office and the Spalding County Sheriff’s Office met Aubrey’s parents to give them the details of their recent investigations, says Captain Dwayne Jones.

In the press release organized by the SCSO, Sheriff Darrell Dix told the people that Aubrey’s parents were given the details of latest whereabouts of Aubrey. They showed the pictures of Aubrey and told them that Aubrey had created a Facebook page under a fake identity. The investigators also found that Aubrey was in contact with the law enforcement agencies of Alabama and Arizona under the same assumed identity. The authorities had found out that Aubrey had become a part of the group of people who survive by trading goods and services and traveling from state to state. He had traveled expansively in Midwest and on the west coast..."

More at link...

Missing Teen Returns Home After Two Years, His Story Left The Authorities Surprised

1tigger1, sallye818, byo and 12 others like this.
  2. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

wow this is interesting.. and its also interesting to look at the teen before he went missing to the after photo years later.. I like to post it because it also helps as a reference when we are looking at UIDs and the photo of the person that is missing.. they can change a lot.

[​IMG]

sallye818, byo, Quiet Time and 10 others like this.
  3. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

I had hoped we would have a similar happy ending to the Thomas Brown story.

teedie2, neesaki, SeekingJana and 3 others like this.
  4. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Selfish. Imagine what his poor family were going through. Given that he is "fine and healthy" he should have got a message to them to say he was ok and having some time out.

5. Vedder

Vedder John 3:16

6. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

7. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Maybe this means other teens left on their own are okay too.

8. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Find joy in this moment and hope in each day. :)

I found out about the group " The Travellers" when I moved to Texas, as there's a " settlement or camp" of them near Fort Worth.
    Finding out what they do and believe is, well, both interesting and frightening, IMO.
    I'm not posting a link because I don't think one link is sufficient, and those who want to search, will. :cool:

Respectfully, IMO

9. *~Aimee~*

*~Aimee~* A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes

Can you point which direction to search because: "The Travellers" just brings up a tv series??

10. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Find joy in this moment and hope in each day. :)

Sure, here ya go. :cool:, Both news sites are in my media area, and the stories are very true to the behaviors known to occur in Fort Worth and Dallas.

Also, as there are as many as 10,000 Travellers in the US now, some groups are transients and thieves who are known to steal to survive, but it appears that some Travellers in other areas of the country are somewhat prosperous in honest endeavors. I'm including a link about the more settled Travellers in other states to make this more balanced. The third link is about the branches of Travellers who are more settled, it seems.

Travellers have long history in Tarrant County

iPhone thief with pint-sized partners targets AT&T stores across Dallas-Fort Worth | Crime | Dallas News

Irish Travellers are prospering in America and "make most of their money from life insurance"

Indy Anna, neesaki and Quiet Time like this.
  11. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

SeekingJana and byo like this.