Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started to read about Israel Keyes - shudder

I was in Praia da Luz not long after poor little Madeleine McCann disappeared. A friend had a small villa there and let me use it foc, so I was there a lot ! I couldn’t get over the distance between the Taco Bar and their apartment ... it was FAR ! The locals were hushed and upset. It’s such a wee small village.

Anyway, sorry, I’m off topic. What also pops to mind that perhaps Sherrill was the intended target all along and graduation night was chosen as Suzie would be out at parties etc. when it was discovered that she was home and had brought someone home with her the perps continued with their plan as weren’t the type of people who cared
Sorry good folks, I’m not adding anything, just sharing my thoughts

I always thought that there is a big possibility that Suzie was the target due to her future testimony against the Grave robbers but in the other hand the question why the crime happened hours after the graduation ceremony bothered me, why not a few days before or after the graduation ?it looks like that someone waited specifically to this date knowing that Suzie will be in a parties all night so they can take Sherrill, the arrival of Suzie and Stacy was a surprise to the criminals so they had to take them to, maby the criminals were already in the house, in Sherrill's room or on their way to the house.

LilliMac , Now I think like you , I believe that there is a big possibility that Sherrill was the target ,maybe they wanted to silenced her or prevent her doing something ?

This crime was not random, I think it was planned
and ordered by someone and others carried out the crime.The target was or Sherrill or Sherrill and Suzie,I believe that one they their families will know
and there will be justice.

Last edited:
Definitely planned Blue Girl 1991 IMO
The only motive I can see is the graverobbers who are perhaps indirectly involved
What puzzles me is why did Stacey say to a member of her gym she was “afraid” or “scared” for Sherrill ? I can’t find anything about her comment as to why

So hope this gets solved

Definitely planned Blue Girl 1991 IMO
The only motive I can see is the graverobbers who are perhaps indirectly involved
What puzzles me is why did Stacey say to a member of her gym she was “afraid” or “scared” for Sherrill ? I can’t find anything about her comment as to why

So hope this gets solved

Maybe criminals in Higher league who had some type of connection to the grave robbers were worried regarding the future testimony of Suzie ,worried that the testimony will lead the police to them and to their activity? Regarding Stacy who said to a member of her gym she was afraid or scared for Sherrill , Is it mentioned by the police or In an article?

If the target was only Suzie then the criminals had to take Sherrill too because Sherrill probably knew as well what Suzie knew/ and the other way around.
In my opinion The crime committed in order to silenced Sherrill and Suzie, I think that if the police knew why then this horrible crime was solved already.

Last edited:
I’m looking for the newspaper article that reported Stacy told someone at the gym she was scared for Sherill. I feel sure it came from police because it would've mattered who she talked to, and I hope I’d remember. I think no one elaborated or followed up since there was so much focus on Cox, grave robbers and other possibilities.
I don’t think there’s anyway this was random.

The more thought I've given this case, the more I believe Sherill was the intended target. There's a strong chance I'm not as well-researched on the women and their disappearance as many others, but I'm sure I remember several sources state that Sherill was quite a private person. I don't believe she was a complete recluse, she would certainly have been a personable woman (given her job) - and undoubtedly strong-willed. But I don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe she'd keep some matters to herself. Suzie may have discovered something (possibly without the knowledge of Sherill) quite close to the graduation - maybe even confided in Stacy, and this could have been the reason why she was "upset" at the ceremony and wanted to come home that night.

I'm still not completely convinced by the whole drug angle, but I do think it's possible Sherill was somehow involved, or at least linked to someone with bad intentions. When you look at the timing of the abduction, it's so specific. Suzie lived at home - and on the one night she wasn't going to be there (as per their original plans), this event takes place. I think I mentioned it in a previous post, but the theory numerous posters have that the abductor(s) were already in the home prior to Stacy and Suzie's arrival seems like a strong one. IF Sherill was the target, and unless the perp(s) had specific knowledge of the vehicles (and owners) on the driveway, why would they take a huge risk with 3 cars parked there?

The random abduction is something I pondered for a while - especially with the reported sighting of the women at George's steakhouse. I don't think it holds much weight, though. If they hadn't been missing from a residence - maybe there's a case for that.

Has SPD ever got other outwith area officers to have a look at this case with fresh eyes so to speak - then again, judging from some of the postings on here by posters who’ve been sleuthing this for years, it looks like the police may have a good idea who did this
I was unsure about the perp(s) being in the house, it didnt sit right with me when I read through all the discussions but I’m beginning to think this could be a possibility

Hopefully there’s answers and justice for these 3 beautiful ladies soon

The more thought I've given this case, the more I believe Sherill was the intended target. There's a strong chance I'm not as well-researched on the women and their disappearance as many others, but I'm sure I remember several sources state that Sherill was quite a private person. I don't believe she was a complete recluse, she would certainly have been a personable woman (given her job) - and undoubtedly strong-willed."

I wish we knew more about Sherrill.
Some people do use a hairdresser as their 'therapist' at times. To me hair salons = gossip mills.

Strong-willed...makes me think of a person that doesn't hesitate to 'tell it like it is'. Did she 'tell it like it is' to the wrong person, I do wonder.

I also don't believe Sherrill was a 'recluse' given her occupation. A 'private person'...what does that mean? I like to think of myself as a 'private person' but given the right situation, and esp. people, I give out more info than I intend to especially when something big is happening such as a wedding or...graduation.

I think Sherill was more likely discreet than private. As a popular hairstylist she probably knew everyone’s business-many stylists do-but didn’t gossip, hence her popularity. I wonder if she did hair for any of Suzy’s friends.
As a single mom she likely kept her private life as private as possible. I went all the way around the world to say that to me a private person is usually discreet.

I think Sherill was more likely discreet than private. As a popular hairstylist she probably knew everyone’s business-many stylists do-but didn’t gossip, hence her popularity. I wonder if she did hair for any of Suzy’s friends.
As a single mom she likely kept her private life as private as possible. I went all the way around the world to say that to me a private person is usually discreet.

good point! I'm a private person (try to be!) and hence try not to blab everything I know about people...emphasis on 'try'.......some people draw it out of me, they 'pretend' to care. But that's not here or there....I bet you are right about Sherrill. She'd been around the block, most likely, not naive about people.

In my opinion, one of the women knew at least one of the abductors. One perp unscrewed the glass globe and dropped it. The loud crash even got mom running to the door (I would!), dog barking causing more confusion, perp is drunk (or pretends to be)...IMO Susie opened the door, because she knew the person...he/she then pulled a gun on them...no time to grab a cig or meds. Stacy also came to see what the noise was before she realized people were involved, didn't stop to put shorts on....(

Sure would help to know the motive. Not robbery. Who in their lives did not need money? (Leaves the Grave Robbers out, ha)
Who in their lives, put 'reputation' over money? We know Narcissists do.
Any raging Narcissists in their lives?
Maybe LE needs to take that angle. Just my opinion.

In my opinion, one of the women knew at least one of the abductors. One perp unscrewed the glass globe and dropped it. The loud crash even got mom running to the door (I would!), dog barking causing more confusion, perp is drunk (or pretends to be)...IMO Susie opened the door, because she knew the person...he/she then pulled a gun on them...no time to grab a cig or meds. Stacy also came to see what the noise was before she realized people were involved, didn't stop to put shorts on....(

Sure would help to know the motive. Not robbery. Who in their lives did not need money? (Leaves the Grave Robbers out, ha)
Who in their lives, put 'reputation' over money? We know Narcissists do.
Any raging Narcissists in their lives?
Maybe LE needs to take that angle. Just my opinion.

No woman is going to hear a loud noise in the early hours of the morning and open the front door as it would be dangerous. Cinnamon being a Yorkie wouldn’t be any kind of a guard dog either.

No woman is going to hear a loud noise in the early hours of the morning and open the front door as it would be dangerous. Cinnamon being a Yorkie wouldn’t be any kind of a guard dog either.

I would NEVER open my door at night if I heard something ....Last night it sounded like someone was walking on my porch , I never thought of opening my door to see if someone was there .....If a person knocks on my door for help at night I would only open the door with my loaded Ruger in my hand....I have a yellow streak down my back a mile wide as does most women.....

If Sherrill was the target I think Suzie and Stacy walked in on something bad. If Sherrill wasn’t the target I think something happened at a graduation party and someone/s followed Suzie and Stacy to Sherrill’s where a confrontation got out of hand. Sherrill intervened and it went downhill.
A random or stalker would surprise me since Stacy’s presence at Sherrill’s was irregular (as far as we know) and an extra car would’ve meant extra challenges/ problems, and though it happens, it just seems far fetched.

I would NEVER open my door at night if I heard something ....Last night it sounded like someone was walking on my porch , I never thought of opening my door to see if someone was there .....If a person knocks on my door for help at night I would only open the door with my loaded Ruger in my hand....I have a yellow streak down my back a mile wide as does most women.....

I am in the U.K and I lived with just my mum growing up and she never answered the door after 10pm. We had two Rottweilers and if anybody did knock after 10 they would bark and scare anybody off. But even with them protecting us my mum wouldn’t of opened the front door.

No secret the family had quibbled with a member just beforehand. No secret a trial was in the offing involving a family member's testimony against one-time associates. No secret drugs were involved with that. No stretch to say those on trial weren't hooked with heavier outlaws in the community, who controlled drug traffic. No secret that the woman who said she spotted a kidnap victim in a van was said to be married to an auto yard owner. No secret that bodies have disappeared in the jaws of auto crushers for ages: was the woman trying to signal a darker truth?

I have long felt that this case had family components and friendship components which turned very sour and facilitated the deaths.

Someone knew too much and three women died, as a result.
Bump
I've always thought it was done because someone knew too much about somebody, and that drugs were part of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member