Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #8

Discussion in 'The Springfield Three' started by tlcya, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby Doo 4U

Scooby Doo 4U Well-Known Member

Wild Card Theory. What if the reason Sherrill seemed worried, and what if the real reason Susie wanted to go home that night was, she was worried about Sherrill, and, that they had been getting harassing or threatening phone calls. Hence the call on the answering machine that was "Supposedly" erased? And possibly if she is to be believed, the call JK received when she and MH were in the house. Although, this goes against all my feelings regarding MH and JK. Again, a Wild Card Theory.

2. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

We need to flood Oxygen and Kelly Siegler with requests for them to look into this case. Is there a way to contact Johnny Bonds?

3. cherrymeg

I think this has been mentioned before but Janelle might have caused the broken glass. I don't feel she was being polite. It could have broken if she knocked on the door or slammed it in anger. I thought she once said it was swept up because she was barefoot. Weird.

4. cherrymeg

I wonder if there were sex offender relatives staying at one of the houses? I wonder if an out of town person could have made Suzie and Stacy uncomfortable.

5. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Great thought. So many out of towners in town for the graduation. In and out without a trace. Hopefully names of everyone from the parties (at least) were given and all investigated. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t be able to account for every other visitor, like perhaps, patrons of George’s that night.

windrower, TedMac, Talullah and 2 others like this.
  6. Scooby Doo 4U

That is actually a very good theory. I have pondered that angle as well. Surely the people who came from out of town for the graduation, were partying too in one way or another. I wonder if any of the relatives were with-in the same age range as the girls and were out partying with them that night. Could be possible, good angle nonetheless.

flute4peace, Ozoner, SAMS and 2 others like this.
  7. cherrymeg

Even if it was just a relative at a house they were going to sleep at or party at. You know how some people can just make you uncomfortable and and you know, "I have to get away". And it isn't always something other people would notice? Does that make sense? If there was a creeper from out of town or state they could have been gone by the time the women were reported missing.

flute4peace, TedMac, SAMS and 2 others like this.
  8. Scooby Doo 4U

Totally understand. I've wondered if this was why JK was acting so weird. She was acting like someone who knew or suspected what had happened that night. At least to me she did. And family will cover for family. That has played out time and time again through out the history of crime. Good Post!!

Betty P, MooseMeMuch and cherrymeg like this.
  9. MooseMeMuch

MooseMeMuch "It wasn't me! It was the one-armed man."

Appleby drove them back to their cars....and then Mrs. Kirby picks up 'the lines'..."Okay. I'll follow you." and then.....poof!

Cut to Janelle on the phone...she called and called and called....(how many times?) What time did she begin calling? 7:30, 8:00 or 9:00?

Janis and Janelle's sister tussled on the phone. about 10 a.m...."no, she stayed at Suzie's house. No, she didn't, she stayed at your house"....blah blah blah

Where was the Kirby phone(s) located? If Janelle was hanging by the phone waiting and waiting for 'the call'...why didn't she jump on that phone when Janis called? Did they have Caller I.D.?

Yes. How DO we contact Johnny Bonds....he's on Twitter. I'd love for him to take a peek at this case. And I love Kelly!

Cold Justice tip line:

Cold Justice Tip Line

Talullah and cherrymeg like this.
  10. cherrymeg

I left Kelly a tweet. lol

Talullah, SAMS and MooseMeMuch like this.
  11. MooseMeMuch

MooseMeMuch "It wasn't me! It was the one-armed man."

12. Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule Well-Known Member

cherrymeg likes this.
  13. Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule Well-Known Member

I believe I can accurately speak to this subject but stand to be corrected if someone has better information.

On one of the videos Janelle says she “called and called and called” meaning several times. In another account she said or it was reported that the first call began at or about 7:30 AM and eventually they went to the house at 12:30 PM. That is a gap of five hours.

Some questions I would have is why she waited so long. Branson I sure no more than about 45 miles away and a typical drive would be about one hour. I don’t know when the various bypasses were put in but the main drag through time was at one time referred to as the longest parking lot in the world. If the by-passes were put in prior to June 1972, then it seems reasonable to conclude there was no rush to get down there. June 7 was one of the longest and hottest days of the years and sundown would have been much before about 9:00 or later. So I don’t understand what the rush was. Maybe she was just antsy.

As to getting to the house without having the address that presents a problem but getting to it would not have been very difficult. It was just off Glenstone, one of the three north-south main arteries through Springfield, the others being Campbell and Kansas Expressway. But that should have been fully explained.

We were told that Mrs. McCall contacted Janelles home and was told Stacy was not there. Mrs. McCall did not receive the news well and insisted she was there. Now these are accounts that confuse me.

Further, I don’t understand why the McCalls didn’t go there much earlier to straighten out what the truth was.
    Odd. They went to some boat races instead.

It seems as though Stacy was not keeping her mother apprised of her activities. In one video, Mr. McCall says that Stacy did not have permission to go to the Delmar address but she did anyway.

These are but some of the confusion that I have always wondered about. And then there is the mysterious tummy ache from the pizza she had earlier that night.

The reporting on this was just plain awful. Things like that were put out and left hanging.

Throw in an outlaw mortor cycle gang, etc, ad infinitude and it is one big mess.

One wonders if it was almost deliberate.

14. margol29

margol29 Member

I left a message on the CJ tip line. I don't know how to contact Johnny Bonds.

cherrymeg likes this.
  15. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

I would also like to know if Janelle and Suzie and Stacey were driving together to the water park or were they all making individual trips.

If they was meeting at the water park then why would Janelle go to house in the first place. Surely she would of just gone to the water park thinking they had gone on ahead?

Also with Janelle calling the home so early that morning then what tome she did think the girls left to go there?

Her timeline is 8am/9am she started to call the home ( I think that’s the correct) so if for example it’s 8am why on earth would they of left before 8am? It makes no sense they would of left they early!

16. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

On the disappeared episode, Janelle states that she woke up around 9 am and decided to call the girls bc they were supposed to call her in the morning and they hadn't. I wonder if she was eager to go since they had originally planned to go and stay over in Branson the night of the graduation. Teenagers ready to start their summer. Just a thought.

windrower, TedMac and Missouri Mule like this.
  17. asyousay

asyousay Well-Known Member

I still have 8/9am she started to call Suzie.

Missouri Mule likes this.
  18. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Just quoting what she said on disappeared. Nonetheless IMO its not odd for a teenager to be up and ready/excited to get going, esp. with a house full of guests, not much sleeping-in going on, most likely.

TedMac and Missouri Mule like this.
  19. Scooby Doo 4U

Wow that's an interesting post. Why indeed! Why didn't JK ask Mrs. McCall. Better yet, why didn't JK go over to the Delmar house much much earlier if she was chomping at the bit to go to White Water?

I do want to correct something if it hasn't been covered. I didn't read the other posts after this one so it may have, and if so, I apologize. SA didn't drive them to JK's according to JK and SA's story, they walked from the Joy residence to JK's. And this is something that has bothered me about their stories too. The residence isn't just right around the corner from the Kirby residence. It was down the road about 1-mile away. So why would they walk 1 or more miles to JK's house after a night of partying. Why didn't SA just drive them?

I would also like to add, that when I was looking at google maps to find the distance between where the Joy residence was, and where the Kirby residence was, based on the original police report addresses, google maps places the Joy residence next to another address that falls prior to it, but show that the Joy residence address is an overgrown field. Did the Joy's live in a trailer? And the trailer isn't here? Now I am not trying to speak to anyone that may or may not live in a trailer. There is no offence intended with this next statement. But Kirby lived in a 100k+ house, did Joy live in a trailer, and that's why it was too crowed with too many people that Joy was uncomfortable with them staying? And if it was a trailer, was this a rougher crowd they were partying with? Look at the police report on Proboards, and do a google search of the two addresses, the Joy and Kirby addresses, and see what you think about what I'm referring to.

k-mac, Ozoner, Betty P and 2 others like this.
  20. cherrymeg

That's possible especially if she slept on a floor or at all. She was calling a house owned by Sherrill, and then she entered it while claiming to not be close to Suzie. Why didn't she call Stacy's house? Things that looks suspicious could look that way because she was covering for a friend or lying a about something really dumb, like drinking. I would hope she would clear that stuff up now.

windrower, k-mac, TedMac and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.