Mistakes made that led to Casey being aquitted...

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Mrs G Norris, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

I want to see what members here can come up with as far as actual mistakes made by OCSO, the prosecution (yes, love them, but let's be realistic), Judge Belvin Perry, the media, the system, and the laws in Florida, that led to this accused murderer being set free, and what we can learn from it all.

The system failed to secure justice and safety for its citizenry in this case, let's analyse what happened to see if things can be learned for future reference, and is the state doing anything to change future outcomes?

2. Loading...

3. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

For starters:

OCSO missing search for 'foolproof suffication' on Casey's computer
    OCSO failing to follow up properly after Roy Kronk first discovered Caylee's remains
    Jury selection and selection criteria
    Prosecution not bringing Caylee to life during the trial
    Prosecution too soft on rebuttal

4. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Prosecution's persistence on the chloroform as the method of death when there wasn't really anything to back that up in the eyes of the jury. Had they only know about the fool proof suffocation searches I feel their case would have been built very differently.

Sanz likes this.
  5. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Prosecution not introducing Caylee as a whole person .. I didn't really feel I ever KNEW Caylee, therefore easier to not feel empathy for HER as a person.

6. coco puff

coco puff New Member

Believing that George and Cindy would not continue to be deceitful while on the stand.
    Not presenting the ping map and timeline of FCA’s activities for the day Caylee died.
    Not taking a picture of the heart sticker residue.
    Letting LE agent DNA contaminate the crime scene.
    Smirking and joking about pigs in a blanket has no place in a court of law during a murder trial.

Even with all of the above, you were the only white knight Caylee will ever have. Thank you Jeff.

7. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Prosecution IMO failed to adequately control/utilize GA and CA well during trial. Their testimony was a mess and was not helpful to the prosecution case. Given the personalities involved I think prosecution had to know they were wild cards capable of sabotaging the case and used them anyway. Bad gamble MOO

8. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

great minds, lol

9. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Going for the Death Penalty.

10. tygomuk

tygomuk New Member

I realize that there was reason not to but I think FCA should have been arrested after all that night (if only booked for suspicion or theft or whatever) and have had Allen & Melich take it from there...Outcome of what she did say may not have differed much but there would have been absolutely no question as to it's admissibility.

11. Brooke

Brooke No man is an island, entire of itself

I agree with the above and add:

Perry in allowing the defense table to be right across from the jury.

Perry in allowing the theatrical comforting of Dorothy Sims.

12. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I will second the Perry decision to allow the Dorothy/Casey performance.

13. tygomuk

tygomuk New Member

*Jury not visiting the 'Car'
    *Jury not opening the 'Cans'

14. Hez

Hez Active Member

Perry allowing Casey to 'testify' via facial expressions.

Perry rushing through jury selections, taking jurors who had unbreakable plans and promising them that the trial would be over in time. (I sincerely believe that the person on the jury who had non-refundable cruise tickets, which was to depart the same week they were deliberating, had some influence on the rest of the panel. If they would have found her guilty, they would have had to deliberate the penalty phase and that person would have missed their cruise.)

Perry empanelling a non-death penalty qualified jury (the woman who said she couldn't judge people should never have been allowed on the jury, Batson challenge or not).

15. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

Fixed that for ya! ;)

16. tygomuk

tygomuk New Member

*JB getting a paltry 'slap on the wrist' for 'blatant' contempt.

17. tygomuk

tygomuk New Member

FCA='Not in Chains' (bwoke mwhy toof)

ETA - Absolutely no offense intended to those with a speech impediment. Only to those with impediment of conscience.

18. Justiceseeker35

Justiceseeker35 Member

1 Cindy sticking her head in the sand and not confronting KC for 31 days
    2 GA not calling 911 at the toe yard
    3 CA cleaning the car and washing KC clothes
    4 CA not admitting to what the flurry calls were about. And the argument the night before
    5 prosecution not bringing up the fighting and the flurry of calls enough to establish a better motive, cause the jury didn't by the young and free of responsibility motive.
    6 not showing the jail tape of KC when the remains were discovered
    7 not exploring the June 16 timeline enough

19. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

LE not meeting up with Roy Kronk back in August immediately upon his reporting that he found what turned out to be Caylee's little body so they could check out that area. Instead that child's body lay there for months, only for the are4a to be subsequently flooded, thereby further destroying evidence.

HUGE FLUB. IMO

20. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

I'm going to ad the Sunshine Laws which led to the media frenzy which made it impossible to select a jury pool who hadn't already made their own conclusions, so they felt they needed to find jury members who had been living under a rock or otherwise not interested in current events, don't watch news, don't read newspapers, don't blog etc etc ...

I'm going to ad Nancy Grace et al here too.

21. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

I always thought there were several factors..1st off that vehicle should have been taken into custody from day 1. From what I understand it reeked of death, so should have been a big clue. Yes Roy cronk not getting the LE attention needed also was a big factor.
    But I said it in the beginning to my hubby and will say it again. The Prosecution did not connect the dots for the jury and did not tie it all up in a big pretty bow. They gave them too much credit, assumed they would be smart and figure things out. They should have also let Tony and the ex Forgot his name speak...because Casey didn't want a bf that loved caylee which is why she broke up with the first dude...and tony didn't want girls... Also it needed to be brought out that she hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee. This all needed to be brought to light, cause you have to assume the jury knows nothing.