MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, if Wal-Mart is selling Marlboros for $3.63, why are we not all in the business of buying and reselling them? ;)

FYI & FWIW: Marlboro 72's are shorter in length and less expensive than regular Marlboros.

Many moons ago, 100's (larger from regular size) were more expensive than regular size, but now they cost the same.

I'm not saying that's what SM purchased. It just looks like a pack of Marlboros in the freeze-frame. 72's cost around $4.50-$5.00 in most stores.

If Sid cared even a little bit for his family, he'd confess to everything and provide the location of Heather's remains...in exchange for dropping charges against his wife allowing his family to move on with their lives. I really don't think he cares much about them.

The next jury will convict him. I doubt he'll be lucky enough to get his atty's buddy on the jury again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one agree with you!

I think she told Sidney no in the pay phone conversation. Then she changed her mind and left her apt. She drove to LBs because she was going to suggest meeting there. She tried the pay phone back, no answer, gave up and left. She then decided to try Sid's cell phone and he answered and they decided to meet at PTL. She turned around and drove there.

She didn't try the cell first because she figured it was a long shot because TM had control of it in the past.

It fits all the evidence, is reasonable and makes sense. I think it really is that simple.

Maybe she did say NO, then called Bri, but after that call with Bri, Heather had a change of heart and decided to meet up with SM. Bri never did say what Heather's state of mind was, just that Bri kept telling her "don't do it". right?

Maybe she did say NO, then called Bri, but after that call with Bri, Heather had a change of heart and decided to meet up with SM. Bri never did say what Heather's state of mind was, just that Bri kept telling her "don't do it". right?

I think that's exactly what happened. Then she left and began trying to get a hold of SM again.

It's also possible that he had originally told her to meet at LBs and that could be another reason why she went there, hoping he was still there. Or she could've gone there to tell him to meet her there. Either way, I don't think anything happened at LBs except for Heather waiting and trying to reach Sid.

I wish I could go back in time and tell her to stay home.

FYI & FWIW: Marlboro 72's are shorter in length and less expensive than regular Marlboros.

Many moons ago, 100's (larger from regular size) were more expensive than regular size, but now they cost the same.

I'm not saying that's what SM purchased. It just looks like a pack of Marlboros in the freeze-frame. 72's cost around $4.50-$5.00 in most stores.

I live in SC and used to smoke. Honestly, I think $3.63 for a pack of Marlboro 72s at Walmart in 2013 sounds reasonable. At that time I was smoking Camels and I bought them at Walmart for about $4. Looking back, I have no idea how I could afford that. :thinking:

During the many hours of LE questioning SM, didn't they ever ask him if he told Heather he was calling from a pay phone???:thinking:

I think this would put to rest any confusion as to why Heather would call the pay phone back multiple times and at a much later time from original call (from SM) at 1:35am.

It's not like someone would stand around a pay phone for an hour or more waiting for a call to come in!

I live in SC and used to smoke. Honestly, I think $3.63 for a pack of Marlboro 72s at Walmart in 2013 sounds reasonable. At that time I was smoking Camels and I bought them at Walmart for about $4. Looking back, I have no idea how I could afford that. :thinking:

You're absolutely right! They were a lot cheaper in 2013.

Good find, eagle eye! ;)

Aren't there 2 sticky fingers in that area?
I assume that both would have cameras if 1 of them does.
But, they could be fake cameras as well, I guess.

as an aside, I think that some surveillance cameras can be set to only capture video or stills when there is movement. So, maybe there was nothing to show. But, nothing to show means no one was there.

If TM was in control of SM's phone, wouldn't she have been the one to turn it back on at 3am? :thinking:

During the many hours of LE questioning SM, didn't they ever ask him if he told Heather he was calling from a pay phone???:thinking:

I think this would put to rest any confusion as to why Heather would call the pay phone back multiple times and at a much later time from original call (from SM) at 1:35am.

It's not like someone would stand around a pay phone for an hour or more waiting for a call to come in!

In BW's testimony, Heather told her that Sidney had called from an unknown number. I am not sure of the verbage used but Heather did not seem to know it was a payphone. IIRC some WSers did a test on that phone or another one closeby and it just said "AT&T" for the caller id.

I think Heather changed her mind. I also think that SM told her he was working at LB's - whether he was or not - to get Heather to that isolated parking lot. We all know what a relaxed liar Sidney is from the dashcam video.

Well you say hung out by dumpsters, but the man said the data showed she was in the back corner of the parking lot. I don't think that meant literally she was hanging out by the dumpster. I think it meant she was in her car in the back part of the parking lot. I don't think that is totally unreasonable to just park there and go over things in her mind. Also, I think the meeting at PTL was set up in the 2nd call to SM. I misspoke/didn't make that clear. I think the first call was to lure her with the leaving the wife, I miss you ruse. He may have asked her to come out, but she probably resisted at that time.

If SM said meet me behind LB's, the first parking spot is by the dumpsters.

lb2.PNG

I think Heather changed her mind. I also think that SM told her he was working at LB's - whether he was or not - to get Heather to that isolated parking lot. We all know what a relaxed liar Sidney is from the dashcam video.

For some reason, I think that too - he works at night, at restaurants, after they are closed, fixing things or whatever. Maybe he said something like "I will be at LB working after 2:00 AM if you change your mind and do want to see me."

For some reason, I think that too - he works at night, at restaurants, after they are closed, fixing things or whatever. Maybe he said something like "I will be at LB working after 2:00 AM if you change your mind and do want to see me."

I guess I don't see the point of telling her to come to a place where he wasn't going to be.

In BW's testimony, Heather told her that Sidney had called from an unknown number. I am not sure of the verbage used but Heather did not seem to know it was a payphone. IIRC some WSers did a test on that phone or another one closeby and it just said "AT&T" for the caller id.

yes - I believe Bri asked her why she answered the phone (when it was SM), apparently, she had not been taking his calls (either blocked or just ignored). She (HE) told Bri that she did not recognize the number, but it was an 843 number, which meant it was local. At least that is what I remember her saying.

I guess I don't see the point of telling her to come to a place where he wasn't going to be.

Maybe Heather told SM she was not going then changed her mind. If she thought he was working, she would expect him to be there anyway.

Maybe Heather told SM she was not going then changed her mind. If she thought he was working, she would expect him to be there anyway.

I'm still not following why he would have told her he was working at LB's and to come there at that hour if he wasn't, as per the posts upthread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member