Misty admits why she and Ron got married!

I'm not too concerned about why they got married.... My question is, why the divorce? Apparently, they're still together, or were until they got arrested.... so divorcing doesn't make sense to me.

IMO the same reason probably applies.

People were talking (...why is Ronald Cummings living with a minor...)
-> they married to make him look better and to avoid trouble.

People were talking (...why is Ronald Cummings married with the teen who lies about his daughter's disappearance, what does he know...)
-> they divorced to make him look better and to avoid trouble.

I suspect they got a divorce because the heat was on.. Also, he was being accused of talking out of both sides of his mouth and enabling the person who had failed all her LVA tests miserably...JMO

Since MC said that they got married to keep RC out of jail, I can live with that because it makes sense. RC said it was to keep his enemies closer and I can live with that too, as it makes sense. But what makes NO sense is the honeymoon in NY. They could have stayed right there next to the search and do a video interview with whatever show they went to NY to be on. It was no time for honeymooning when there was an active search going on in FL for Haleigh. JMO.

Oh, I'm glad you mentioned this. I was just watching old GVS video of Teresa and Ron being interviewed from early in the case. [At least I think it was GVS - Ron and Teresa are sitting in chairs in somebody's house, looked like.]

Teresa mentions the marital privilege thing in the video [which, btw, she wuz WRONG about that part.]

Lemme go try to round up a link to that.

I'm not too concerned about why they got married.... My question is, why the divorce? Apparently, they're still together, or were until they got arrested.... so divorcing doesn't make sense to me.

When they first announced the divorce I assumed there must be some money coming down the pike that wasn't to be shared with Misty. Now, I think it's just more grooming of the scapegoat-- it must be cast out, one certainly doesn't sink into marital bliss with it! :twocents:

Crystal gained custody of Jr. about a month ago.. There was an emergency hearing right after Ron C was arrested...In reference to everything else you have posted concerning Ronald Cummings, I respectully but wholeheartedly disagree..JMO
i have been reading here for almost a year. i havent posted much or had many responses to my posts and getting my first "respectfully disagree" made me feel welcome and a part of the conversation. for that, emeralgem, i thank you :) also for setting me straight on when crystal regained custody of junior. i thought she had him before ronald went to jail. i can see i need to keep reading and watch the rest of those videos before i set any opinions in stone lol but i still dont believe ronald knows what happened to haleigh. do yall think he does? i dont want to think it.

Quick question-do you think that Lisa and Hank knew the real reason or did they think it was true love?
i think lisa and hank had to be convinced of it and the way misty convinced them was by telling them that ronald could get in trouble. thats jmo. i can see that happening. i dont think lisa and hank are from florida so they may not know the law or even how to find out so they took mistys word for it. i have an idea that misty may have thought it would make her look less guilty if ronald married her so i think she used whatever arguements she could think of to make it happen. i guess what im trying to say is they all had different motives for wanting the wedding to take place and i think from what i remember at the time that lisa was for it least of all.

i think lisa and hank had to be convinced of it and the way misty convinced them was by telling them that ronald could get in trouble. thats jmo. i can see that happening. i dont think lisa and hank are from florida so they may not know the law or even how to find out so they took mistys word for it. i have an idea that misty may have thought it would make her look less guilty if ronald married her so i think she used whatever arguements she could think of to make it happen. i guess what im trying to say is they all had different motives for wanting the wedding to take place and i think from what i remember at the time that lisa was for it least of all.

Good thoughts! :dance: I would say welcome, but you aren't new. Good to hear from you.

When they first announced the divorce I assumed there must be some money coming down the pike that wasn't to be shared with Misty. Now, I think it's just more grooming of the scapegoat-- it must be cast out, one certainly doesn't sink into marital bliss with it! :twocents:

Yes, and I'm not buying the excuse he gave NG... that they were recognized everywhere they went, because people are going to do that whether they were married, divorced, or surgically joined at the hip. Their faces are famous, they're going to be noticed everywhere.
We shouldn't kid ourselves, both Ron and Misty are eating up all this publicity, but not for the reasons they should be.

Yes, and I'm not buying the excuse he gave NG... that they were recognized everywhere they went, because people are going to do that whether they were married, divorced, or surgically joined at the hip. Their faces are famous, they're going to be noticed everywhere.
We shouldn't kid ourselves, both Ron and Misty are eating up all this publicity, but not for the reasons they should be.

Yeah... it seems like if your problem is being recognized you should consider a radical makeover and some plastic surgery instead of going on Nancy Grace show to discuss your divorce :)

They should teach more problem solving skills in elementary school.

i have been reading here for almost a year. i havent posted much or had many responses to my posts and getting my first "respectfully disagree" made me feel welcome and a part of the conversation. for that, emeralgem, i thank you :) also for setting me straight on when crystal regained custody of junior. i thought she had him before ronald went to jail. i can see i need to keep reading and watch the rest of those videos before i set any opinions in stone lol but i still dont believe ronald knows what happened to haleigh. do yall think he does? i dont want to think it.[/QUOTE]

n2five.. I don't believe any of us ever want to ever believe a child is missing and a parent knows what happened and has mislead LE from day one, but unfortunately thats what we having concerning a beautiful missing child and her father...So once again, I respectfully disagree..Ronald knows exactly what happened to his daughter and also knows where she is...JMO

Misty seems to get her way a lot with her parents. They have a hard time saying "no" to her about anything, and always have. I doubt they wanted her to get married, but they were afraid she'd be mad at them if they didn't sign the papers. imo

JMO but if you go into Chili's and other places demanding comps [free stuff], then you're wanting to be recognized --- as long as you were still the poor, grieving father. [And FWIW - I wasn't there when he did any of this so it might just be another internet rumor.]

IMO RC knew he could be named as a sex offender, which is why the hasty wedding...
and yes, I do think he knows what happened...it is just an opinion but one formed after a year of video clips, articles, tapes, etc...he has done nothing to make me think otherwise and lot to make me suspicious...

IMO RC knew he could be named as a sex offender, which is why the hasty wedding...
and yes, I do think he knows what happened...it is just an opinion but one formed after a year of video clips, articles, tapes, etc...he has done nothing to make me think otherwise and lot to make me suspicious...

JM is serving long hard time for what Ron was doing. Its possible it was Hank and Lisa that threaten Ron that the same fate would befall him if he didn't make right by Misty. It was Lisa who brought the charges against JM, she just not be the wimp everyone thinks she is, and pushed for this marriage to get Misty off the hook and the bad press.

i have been reading here for almost a year. i havent posted much or had many responses to my posts and getting my first "respectfully disagree" made me feel welcome and a part of the conversation. for that, emeralgem, i thank you :) also for setting me straight on when crystal regained custody of junior. i thought she had him before ronald went to jail. i can see i need to keep reading and watch the rest of those videos before i set any opinions in stone lol but i still dont believe ronald knows what happened to haleigh. do yall think he does? i dont want to think it.

hey nanny2five and welcome. i too read here for a long time before posting and when i got my first response to a post, i suddenly felt like i had a whole new group of friends. sometimes when the people at work make me mad, i say "fine, i'm going to talk to people that like me" and i come here. so i'm with you on that part.

as for whether or not ron knows what happened. i really never thought he did until recently. i am on the fence and continue to go back and forth. i think the biggest single thing that causes doubt for me is why he is still "friends" with misty. i mean i can't imagine partying and doing drugs with the person i left to care for my child and then my child disappears and they have no answers. to me that is ridiculous. while i absolutely detest illegal use of drugs in any way whatsoever, i can almost understand him doing drugs to deal with the loss. problem is that it seems he was doing drugs before she disappeared too. i guess maybe he got into it even more to be able to cope. but even giving him the benefit of the doubt on the drug issue, i cannot wrap my brain around hanging out with the one and only person that has or should have the answer to what happened to your child. we're not talking about a missing vehicle or pair of shoes. we're talking a child you brought into this world and should be willing to lay your life down for. does anybody else understand this friendship?

JM is serving long hard time for what Ron was doing. Its possible it was Hank and Lisa that threaten Ron that the same fate would befall him if he didn't make right by Misty. It was Lisa who brought the charges against JM, she just not be the wimp everyone thinks she is, and pushed for this marriage to get Misty off the hook and the bad press.
I kind of suspect LC filed charges on that young boy to deflect bad attention away from herself. Why was she letting her little girl run so wild like that?? DCF might not've taken too kindly to it. And it could've brought some uninvited attention to any illegal activities she herself had going on at the time. imo

Not sure what the laws are in Fl. I read a article in a People magazine about 5 years (in the spring of 2005) ago where a young man got his young girlfriend pregnant they got married and he was still prosecuted. I believe this was in Iowa. The girls parents did not want him prosecuted and it looked like he was going to serve a year in jail. A lot of people were upset because she was going to have to collect welfare while he was in jail and he had a job and was supporting all 3 of them. I've looked several times for the article and could not find it. Maybe someone will remember this or know of a place to find the article. Seemed like a crazy story and there was a pic of the couple with the infant. Wonder if he can still be prosecuted especially since Misty spilled the beans on tape? Some type of fraud charge?

I kind of suspect LC filed charges on that young boy to deflect bad attention away from herself. Why was she letting her little girl run so wild like that?? DCF might not've taken too kindly to it. And it could've brought some uninvited attention to any illegal activities she herself had going on at the time. imo

Well, $hit --- both of my parents ought to be locked up if letting a 13 yr old have a 16 yr old boyfriend is such a crime since 2 of their 3 daughters and 1 son had similar relationships.

I do recall that the person who spread this all over the internet spoke of the horrific brutality of the crime, at least initially. She definitely was no fan of Misty, iirc --- quite the opposite.

Now this has turned into Misty framing a boyfriend.

Which is it?

eta - link to the post

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #11

They divorced for the same reason...to much negative baggage with misty. He dumped her to save himself. He had no intention of living w/o her though and I bet he told her that.....it was all a publicity stunt....all for ron. She does anything he asks her.

I agree Whisperer. I think he was also tired of squirming everytime that Nancy Grace asked him about Misty's lies.

I think that is very possible.

I have no idea if this boy did anything to Misty, it may all be false accusations, then again LE may have had evidence to prove that he did do what he was accused of doing.

I tend to not believe though, and I feel bad for that, but Misty has accused at least two other people of messing with her. She has stated this a few times and because of that others have labeled them as SO, with no evidence but Misty's word. She has proven her word means nothing imo.

Perhaps Misty's history of having people "mess" with her, is why everyone agreed to the marriage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back