Misty C. #2

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by Tom'sGirl, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo

Indigo New Member

For those who are interested, here is Misty's statement about the blankets and washing:

2. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

I am trying to find the name of Mistys ex-boyfriend.

3. scratchthatitch

scratchthatitch New Member

Is this an excerpt from a statement or did you transcribe this from an interview?
    Just wondering if the period in one of the sentences is off. It could change the meaning and explain a few things if it read:

original-
    "I put her to bed and--her blanket and my blanket. My blanket was in the van that they took."

Revised-
    "I put her to bed and--her blanket. And my blanket, my blanket was in the van that they took.

If it was from an interview, can you provide a link so I can see her speech pattern? TIA

4. Issi

Issi Former Member

Here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

5. CONNIEHU

CONNIEHU Active Member

6. scratchthatitch

scratchthatitch New Member

Well Pfffft.....there goes THAT theory :crazy:

Oh well, one more to mark off my list! Guess peeling away at the onion is still being productive, right? :waitasec:

Thanks to Issi and Conniehu for finding me the links. It sure makes a difference hearing it from the horse's mouth!

7. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

I agree with this, Misty's family seems to want to take the focus off of their daughter.
    Does anyone have the link to the info stating that Misty also called her father the night Haleigh went missing? Before she called 911 and Ron?

If a teenager is in trouble, where do they turn? Misty can't turn to Ron obviously; she calls her family. They may be "clannish" and want to protect their own.

How old was Joe when he supposedly molested Misty? Aren't they around the same age?

8. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

Does anyone have a link to a background check/ arrest record of Joe? Has anyone profiled him from his arrest record?
    It is just Misty's word that he molested her, no record of that.
    For Misty to say that her cousin has a habit of bricking doors, is her attempt to take the focus off of herself and project it directly unto her cousin. Misty knew Joe was in town, knew him and Ron had a fight. Due to that Ron's opinion of Joe wouldn't be very good. It's easier to suspect someone one already has a negative opinion of.

9. Indigo

Indigo New Member

(emphasis mine)

ITA, MeoW333. This was a little too much detail for Misty to know, unless she actually was witness to Joe's (alleged) break-ins or he told her personally.

Misty's story is hinky. Ron should easily see that too. We know that Ron's normal response is to be furious with her about things. (per 911 and police report)

That makes both of them hinky ,JMO.

10. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

I agree with you completely about the detail, and that Ron should be able to see as well. Perhaps he is blinded by love, or has some vested interest in things. Otherwise, maybe he is keeping his "enemies" closer.
    If he is blinded by love, medicated, and on the verge of breakdown, maybe he just doesn't see it.. I know i would be questioning her..

11. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

My neice had a child at 15 - the grandparents take care of this child. Nuff said. A 17 year old is not in an adequate mental condition to take care of 2 children IMHO. Friends, yes - parenting - NO.

The real mother should have had the children while RC was working -- now that would have been the responsible thing to do.

MOO

Melanie

12. PinkyPoo

PinkyPoo New Member

They did not live close enough for Crystal to be there when Ron works.

13. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

Could Misty have been so jealous of Haleigh with RC???
    like kc was of Caylee with GA?CA?

14. pirate

pirate Former Member

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a possibility.

15. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

..combined with other factors such as Misty having to care for the kids and Haleigh wetting the bed according to Misty.
    For Misty to go on about how Haleigh "peed" the bed on national television was ridiculous. Why say that? Did she not consider the possibility of embarrassing Haleigh with the comments on how she peed the bed?
    She mentions that and the blankets when the reporter asked her what happened that night. Dodging the original question and also being able to fit in that Haleigh "peed" the bed..

16. austin-215

austin-215 New Member

i am going to throw this out there, mods, if i am in the wrong place please delete this.
    i am struggling to understand how mc could wake up in the middle of the night for what ever it might be, and not glance at these children. just a quick glance, to see if you have disturbed them, or if they are covered, or wet. i think you eye would instinctively gone to each child, only for a fraction of a second. these are the children that you are in charge of and love with all your heart. you would check them before your feet hit the floor. i don't think that you could walk past haleigh's bed and not noticed her shape, or if she was covered.
    moo, thanks

17. raeann

raeann Well-Known Member

I thought it was a very odd little side rant when she did that, like she was distracting them from the question or blaming Haleigh somehow for making her so extremely tired that night.

Also, the whole time frame has never added up regarding Misty's story about the 8 pm bedtime "because Haleigh had school the next day". She said her brother left around 5:45, then the kids had dinner, then even NOT allowing for bathtime and tooth brushing, the two movies (Air Bud is 98 minutes, and Madagascar is 80 minutes) would take 3 hours. So...if the visit from Great Grandma with the clothes plus dinner time took even as little as 30 minutes, then the time frame with the movies already puts bedtime at 9:30 or later if there was a bathtime in there somewhere.

18. winterrose

winterrose New Member

If JO borrowed Lindsey's van,then who brought him to Florida?He would have had to drive back to Tennessee with someone or the bus.If he borrowed LC's van then that puts him on Tyler steet,at least that Monday before he left.And it also accounts for Misty saying she talked to him the day he left to go back to Tennessee on the Today Show interview.

19. Cerenity2u

Cerenity2u New Member

Good question. I wish we had more of those little details of exactly what Misty did and thought from the time she woke up to the time she realized Haleigh was missing. So many questions unanswered for us. Was the bedroom dark when she woke up or did she wake up and notice the glow from the kitchen light being on and only saw the bundle of blankets on Haleighs bed and assumed she was in it? I noticed on NG if you walk out of the bedroom door there is a large mirror on the wall directly accross and over to the right just a little. The kitchen light would have cast a glow into that room and the mirror would have picked it up and inhanced the light even more. I'm thinking she got up and noticed that glow and knew the kitchen light was on, which directed her to go in that direction to check it out, before going to the bathroom in the bedroom...Also she says she put Haleigh to bed in the little bed with the TV on for her. Was the TV still on when Misty woke up? The TV would have cast a great deal of light in the room if it was on. Also if the TV was on that might be another reason she didn't hear anyone entering the home. Also, about the cinderblock..in one of the videos taken of that back door they showed a couple of cinderblocks just lying under the mobil home, they loose and clearly visible...did Ron ever notice these blocks under the MH?...soooo many questions.

20. Brwnigirl

Brwnigirl Former Member

Is Misty around? For the people that are close to the campsite or wherever Ron's family is, do they see Misty on a daily basis? Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.