Misty C. #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is Misty's thread I will only address her behavior here.

I try to read the updates in the news when they are posted but I don't stop by and visit Haleigh's threads often.

So I really don't know what the vein of thought is right now about what ever or if any role she played in Haleigh missing.

However, I find it interesting that as far as I can recall, every time LE has had a chance to comment to the media since this all began...they invariably point the finger back at Misty.

Now does that mean I think that they think Misty is guilty of doing something to Haleigh? Not necessarily. It means that they keep pointing our attention back to Misty.

Every single time that I can remember. I could be wrong though.

From Media reports back when Misty was still speaking, we were informed that she was the last person to have seen Haleigh, that Haleigh was in her care when she disappeared.

Now she is not granting interviews with LE, her attn isn't granting interviews with her to the LE. Six months pass, Haleigh's 6th Bday is coming up and she is still missing and the last person to reported to have seen her alive is not granting interviews?

Come now. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is...

Don't get me wrong, I have no clue as to what happened to Haleigh. I don't even have a theory or a even good guess that I can give.

All I know is that in any other case, if the last person reported to have seen a child prior to that child's disappearance was spoken about by LE to the press in the way Misty has been spoken about...consistently...most of us would be ready to raise the roof and demand the truth.

That's just my take on things, as I said I don't have a theory or even a guess and I certainly don't have a perp in my mind because to be honest with you I don't know what happened to Haleigh. All I know is that I think of her often and pray every night that she comes home. Soon.

Bbm. I don't think so.

I tried to say this recently but you said it much better. I have known people also who have been arrested in their lives and involved in nefarious activities and they do not see LE as good guys. The last thing they would do is cooperate with them.

Even to save a beloved child's life ?

Since this is Misty's thread I will only address her behavior here.

I try to read the updates in the news when they are posted but I don't stop by and visit Haleigh's threads often.

So I really don't know what the vein of thought is right now about what ever or if any role she played in Haleigh missing.

However, I find it interesting that as far as I can recall, every time LE has had a chance to comment to the media since this all began...they invariably point the finger back at Misty.

Now does that mean I think that they think Misty is guilty of doing something to Haleigh? Not necessarily. It means that they keep pointing our attention back to Misty.

Every single time that I can remember. I could be wrong though.

From Media reports back when Misty was still speaking, we were informed that she was the last person to have seen Haleigh, that Haleigh was in her care when she disappeared.

Now she is not granting interviews with LE, her attn isn't granting interviews with her to the LE. Six months pass, Haleigh's 6th Bday is coming up and she is still missing and the last person to reported to have seen her alive is not granting interviews?

Come now. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is...

Don't get me wrong, I have no clue as to what happened to Haleigh. I don't even have a theory or a even good guess that I can give.

All I know is that in any other case, if the last person reported to have seen a child prior to that child's disappearance was spoken about by LE to the press in the way Misty has been spoken about...consistently...most of us would be ready to raise the roof and demand the truth.

That's just my take on things, as I said I don't have a theory or even a guess and I certainly don't have a perp in my mind because to be honest with you I don't know what happened to Haleigh. All I know is that I think of her often and pray every night that she comes home. Soon.

So happy to hear from you Kat. I agree fully. I can't make up my mind up about Misty. She seemed more than willing to talk with LE 6 months ago and they hauled her in a good many times and she went. I remember LE clearly making the statement that they believed Misty to be their key to the time-line in Haleigh's disappearance. I really, really want to believe that RC's new wife has been truthful and forthcoming in her interviews but I just don't feel that is solid ground right now. I would be much quicker to take up a defense for her if she would talk with LE as many times as they asked her to.

I also can understand that Misty walked out of her very last interview with LE, just before the wedding. Which was her right to do. She might feel LE is trying to make her a scapegoat but quite frankly it is her responsibility as the last person to be providing care for Haleigh to answer any and all questions. There is a new lead investigator these days and if Misty felt threatened in the past perhaps this new guy can put her at ease and nail down a time-line once and for all. If she wants a lawyer present....fine. But, refusing to meet with LE is not a move that a loving stepmother trying to get to the bottom of where her child has gone should behave....in my opinion.

IMO Misty has cooperated and with out a attorney in the past. Now, 6 months later and still no Haleigh I have to assume that Misty and Ron are frustrated with LE and their efforts to find HaLeigh. It is obvious to me that Ron's attorneys believed that Crystal Sheffield is behind HaLeighs abduction and I assum Ron and his family feel the same way and in my opinion is explanation enough at this time why Ron and Misty are refusing interviews with LE.
I am also of the opinion that many things have been said to the media by all of these players to mislead the public from the truth (including LE) so that this investigation is of the appaerance of a public train wreck so no one is able to get a true grasp of what is going on and what the next move will be and who is under the microscope. How do you focus in on someone if they know you are looking? Family is as close as you can get in terms of information and can become aware of LE intentions and comprimise their investigation.
It is possible that LE is allowing the public and others to watch what their left hand is doing so no one is the wiser and paying attention to their right hand and the real efforts in this investigation. Just MO

I also find it strange that MC now has an attorney. (considering her stating that attorney's are for guilty people) Where did the money come from or is this another pro-bono? Does anyone have the name of her attorney?

Well, if Ron and Misty feel that Crystal was responsible for Haleigh's abduction, and if they have information that would reasonably lead them to believe this, then they should get their behinds down to the SO and provide them with this information! Why sit back and wait for LE to find this information on their own? Why refuse to talk to them?
The only reason for someone to refuse to talk to LE is if they have something to hide. There is no way around that, you can spin it any way you like, but no person in their right mind is going to REFUSE to give LE information that could help find their child!! That's the only LOGICAL choice.
I see no statement by LE anywhere on any site or news source, that leads me to think that they have Crystal or her family in their sights as suspects, except in the imaginations of a few on these boards.

IMO Misty has cooperated and with out a attorney in the past. Now, 6 months later and still no Haleigh I have to assume that Misty and Ron are frustrated with LE and their efforts to find HaLeigh. It is obvious to me that Ron's attorneys believed that Crystal Sheffield is behind HaLeighs abduction and I assum Ron and his family feel the same way and in my opinion is explanation enough at this time why Ron and Misty are refusing interviews with LE.
I am also of the opinion that many things have been said to the media by all of these players to mislead the public from the truth (including LE) so that this investigation is of the appaerance of a public train wreck so no one is able to get a true grasp of what is going on and what the next move will be and who is under the microscope. How do you focus in on someone if they know you are looking? Family is as close as you can get in terms of information and can become aware of LE intentions and comprimise their investigation.
It is possible that LE is allowing the public and others to watch what their left hand is doing so no one is the wiser and paying attention to their right hand and the real efforts in this investigation. Just MO

I do hope you're right and LE knows and does more than it appears but I'm not sure how having Misty and Ron refuse to co-operate any further would help them focus on Crystal. To me, it stands to reason that if R&M&attys have good reason to suspect Crystal, the thing to do is to go to LE and beg for an audience and then another to discuss the matter with them, not refuse to be interviewed.

Even to save a beloved child's life ?

I would hope they would, Shaymus, but people like those I speak of are pretty bottom of the barrel. They call LE ugly names, they have disdain for them, and they see them as out to get them.

All I know is when a man tried to break into my house or I had car trouble on the road, the deputies were right there in minutes and looked mighty good to me.

ITA Gracenote!!! (sorry, i know you weren't posting to me, but i agree with what you are stating)

i look at the situation like this..those who call LE names and such, usually have had MANY runs in with LE, and probably not b/c they were broken down or broken into, but b/c they broke the law, they victimized someone else and once they are caught, LE becomes the bad guy.

There are a lot of crooked LE in the world, but i can honestly say, when i needed them crooked or not, LE was there, and i offered all the info i could to help the situation.

I do hope you're right and LE knows and does more than it appears but I'm not sure how having Misty and Ron refuse to co-operate any further would help them focus on Crystal. To me, it stands to reason that if R&M&attys have good reason to suspect Crystal, the thing to do is to go to LE and beg for an audience and then another to discuss the matter with them, not refuse to be interviewed.

If they suspect Crystal so much how come they dont go to court and try to revoke visitation if they have such concern?

Very interesting Misty has a lawyer, yeah, thought those were for guilty people!

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5022713.php

August 17th, 2009

PCSO Press Release: Haleigh Cummings Update

Today marks Haleigh Cummings’ sixth birthday, and a little over six months into the investigation of her disappearance. Sheriff Hardy’s interest in the public’s desire to bring Haleigh home, have led him to release the following update on the investigation.

Investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and investigators from agencies throughout Florida have invested thousands of man-hours into the investigation thus far.

Here are some of the facts:

We have received in excess of 4,000 leads, all of which have been followed up.
We have conducted 138 formal interviews and several hundred informal interviews with potential witnesses. DNA samples were collected from many of those interviewed and compared to evidence collected in the case.
FDLE processed the crime scene. Many items of potential evidentiary value were collected and sent to FDLE’s crime lab for analysis (ie. for fingerprints and DNA). All of evidence has been examined and/or processed, but none of it has identified any suspect or additional leads as to who the suspect(s) may be.
We have searched thousands of acres, including all property south of Highway 17 near the Cummings residence.
We have had numerous underwater recovery and search teams search all of the water near the area of the disappearance.
Aviation assets have conducted several airborne searches.
K9 assets have searched the area on several occasions.
Volunteer civilian searchers on foot and horseback searched the wooded areas near the residence.

At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh’s disappearance is the work of a stranger. There is no specific individual whom investigators have identified as a person of interest. The biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered to be suspects in the case. Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case. She has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh’s disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities. Any citizen with direct knowledge of Misty’s activities during that evening or into the early morning is encouraged to report that information to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided. Every lead that is provided is acted on by investigators. Sheriff Hardy cautions that because there are many who claim to be valid media outlets, that citizens should be careful not to fall into the trap of believing, or by accident spreading, the untrue and unreliable claims and assumptions of many bloggers who claim to be knowledgeable in the case. He also urges anyone that is assisting, or who wants to assist, to be cautious to stay within the bounds of their authority as they pursue their activities.

Sheriff Hardy wants to assure the public, but mainly Haleigh’s family, that we will continue to aggressively pursue this case and that we welcome the assistance of all Law Enforcement agencies or any other expert, including air, water, and ground searchers, that can assist in bringing Haleigh home.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
130 Orie Griffin Blvd.
Palatka, Florida 32177
(386) 326.2782
jgreenwood@putnamsheriff.o

What I dont get is if LE do not think she was at the home with the kids, why is she not arrested for neglect?

They didn't quite say that. They said she was inconsistent with her activities of that evening.

So what does it mean?

Well, I think we're going to need to pull up what we know of her official statement and re-examine what we can glean from her public ones, but she states (this is from memory so it'll be rusty)....
1. Brother and his kids were over at the MH from about 5-5:45.
2. AC guy was there.
3. Never mentions GGM being there (though GGM puts herself there around 7).
4. Put the kids to bed at 8 cuz that's their bedtime and Haleigh has school so she went to bed at 8.
5. A mess with the blankets being washed, lost, etc etc etc.
6. Bed at 10-10:30.
7. Up at ....she says "I saw 3".

Off the top of my head, that's what I can remember.

Perhaps it means someone else was there. Perhaps it means she wasn't (though the PR doesn't say either way). Perhaps it means that what's stated in 1-7 isn't true (or some aspect of it isn't).

Let's sleuth!!!

Well, I think we're going to need to pull up what we know of her official statement and re-examine what we can glean from her public ones, but she states (this is from memory so it'll be rusty)....
2. AC guy was there.
4. Put the kids to bed at 8 cuz that's their bedtime and Haleigh has school so she went to bed at 8.

Perhaps it means someone else was there. Perhaps it means she wasn't (though the PR doesn't say either way). Perhaps it means that what's stated in 1-7 isn't true (or some aspect of it isn't).

Let's sleuth!!!

Well, if someone else was there, I dont think they found any DNA indicating such, since they dont think this was caused by a stranger-

I dont think her brother knows anything Haleigh related or has anything to do with her disappearance just because he has went to the cops and wants to press charges on Ron- I think he wants to do all that just so Ron will get some jail time and his sister can get away-

It is odd that Misty never said Annette was there-

THanks...reiterates what I have been thinking since DAY ONE. My heart tells me MC knows who did this....or strong suspicion who did this....SHE IS CLOSE TO THIS PERSON.

What has always struck me odd....from day one throwing the cousin under the bus with -he was inappropriate towards her....

I think her relative(s) have a history of inappropriate behavior towards little girls... and she has a feeling of what happened to Haleigh and is scared to death to think of the possibilities....GUILT because she was there and passed out due to her 3 day binge...or not there at all the time she was taken....or was there and wasted....and KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.

I am very glad they sorta cleared the PARENTS.

Finally some details released from LE. RC and CS are not considered suspects, and that is big if you ask me. Also seems LE DID collect evidence in the home and it does not match with Misty's statements.

2. AC guy was there.

Let's sleuth!!!

Also the clothes. Did she or didn't she help or observe Haleigh change into pajamas?

And the videos the kids supposedly watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member