Misty C #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue,

If he did that, everyone would be even more convinced he was protecting her and it was some kind of pay off.... She can't win here, and neither can he. Misty really needs to tell what she knows. I don't know why she wouldn't stay up in TN with the grandmother either. The only reason to come back here is Ron. Maybe she thinks she can still get this to work out.

Blue,

If he did that, everyone would be even more convinced he was protecting her and it was some kind of pay off.... She can't win here, and neither can he. Misty really needs to tell what she knows. I don't know why she wouldn't stay up in TN with the grandmother either. The only reason to come back here is Ron. Maybe she thinks she can still get this to work out.

Perhaps Misty's lawyer should have advised his client Misty to request an emergency meeting with the Courts to lift the RO prior to the scheduled hearing in mid November so she could be returned to her family as quickly as possible after her divorce. Why didn't Misty go stay with Tommy & Chelsea. Misty said she and Tommy are close.

Everyone needs to follow their own heart and do what will make them happy. I would have respected Ron if he felt he should reach out and provide for Misty's basic needs during their divorce proceedings simply because she needed some financial help. Misty obviously needed alimony. I would never leave a relationships without financial backing. I think it is appropriate spending of the money he collected to help bring HaLeigh home. Misty left for her gms because no one cared to offer her help in her community. Caring for yourself and others is the right way to live and is an act of selflessness. Misty in turn would appreciate what Ron did for her and they have a chance of staying close. Showing consideration for those in need is what makes the heart glad and afterall Misty was his wife. Wouldn't Ron want the same level of care shown to his daughter HaLeigh? Its sowing good karma into ones life and helps us to be aware of the choices we are faced with everyday. When we listen to ourselves and make choices which gladen and strengthen the heart, our homes and communities are blest.

Misty does need to separate herself from her miserable past, seek out counselling services and diligently guard herself against negative influences. Misty needs to set realistic goals for herself and I wish community service organizations in her area would reach out to help her. She also is legally able to work anywhere she chooses, even out of the country.

What a wonderful place this World would be if everyone thought as you do! Have a Happy Thanksgiving Blue!

Alimony in Florida is up to a Judge and you usually don't get it until you are married for 10 or more years..... Yes he could have given her money on his own, even one of the cars, but at that point, he was doubting her story IIRC. So if you think she had something to do with your child being missing, I guess she is lucky he didn't kill her...

Misty would be so much better off with Timmy and family up in MA. Away from the family here and Cummings.

What a wonderful place this World would be if everyone thought as you do! Have a Happy Thanksgiving Blue!

Alimony in Florida is up to a Judge and you usually don't get it until you are married for 10 or more years..... Yes he could have given her money on his own, even one of the cars, but at that point, he was doubting her story IIRC. So if you think she had something to do with your child being missing, I guess she is lucky he didn't kill her...

Misty would be so much better off with Timmy and family up in MA. Away from the family here and Cummings.

Yesterday Timmy's picture revealed a red colored tattoo on his forearm and Rescue Medium C Hamlett said to be on the lookout for a colored tattoo of a dragon or devil on the forearm. Therefore I wonder if Timmy is connected to HaLeigh's disappearance along with Joe and whether Misty had a falling out with him which explains why she went to her grandmother's rather than Timmy's. Hank Sr has 3 tattoos, 2 on his forearms and 1 of "praying hands" across his chest which seemed strange to me.

Misty should not be allowed to make her own decisions on the proven grounds that she is not capable of doing so. Misty needed to meet with her lawyer and determine satisfactory conditions upon the resolution of marriage to complete the proceedings fairly and equitably. She had to split assets with Ron in order to pay her basic needs and the fact that Misty did not hold herself accountable to this task upsets me. Her lawyer or family members are obligated IMO to speak up for her and guide her through this difficult period. I wish her lawyer could tune into his clients needs and exercise her rights in Court in a manner which makes a difference. It is painful to see Misty being treating without the dignity she deserves. I know if I was in Misty's shoes, I would demand a settlement from Ron and refuse to walk away empty handed. How depressing. Not providing Misty's basic needs violates basic humanitarian standards and rights.

Happy Holidays to all my neighbors from Canada! We celebrated Thanksgiving early November.

It is entirely possible that Ron and Misty agreed that she would not seek alimony or any assets. She brought nothing to the marriage, didn't work, didn't contribute anything. It would be interesting to know if she has ever applied for work anywhere.

It is entirely possible that Ron and Misty agreed that she would not seek alimony or any assets. She brought nothing to the marriage, didn't work, didn't contribute anything. It would be interesting to know if she has ever applied for work anywhere.

Well.....according to some, Misty provided Ronald with the much needed support to take care of his children by babysitting, cooking and cleaning for him. One could argue she was owed alimony strictly upon her year of service for him. She stood by him in his darkest hours, provided emotional support and comfort. Protected him from her marauding family, etc etc.

From what I just read for FL if you are married less that 7 years you are very unlikely to get alimony. Kind of like TX, you have to be married 10 years, I believe, and have no ability to be able to earn a paycheck before you are able to get alimony. Heck, they weren't even married 8 months.

Who gets alimony and why?
Alimony is difficult to predict. While there are no exact guidelines for alimony in Florida law, the law list factors a judge must consider.

The most important issues the court will consider are:
  • The lifestyle the couple had prior to the divorce. If possible, a court will divide assets and future income in a way that allows both spouses to continue their lifestyle.
  • The length of the marriage. If the marriage is under 7 years, it is considered short term and alimony is much less likely. A marriage over 14 years will normally justify alimony. Marriages that lasted between the two numbers can go either way. The length of the marriage is only one issue. The judge will consider all of the issues before deciding.
  • The ability of one spouse to pay money and the need of the other spouse. The court will look at your ability to work, whether you worked in the past, and how much you earned. Other issues may be important such as special needs of children and if those needs interfere with work. The court will also look to see if you purposely became unemployed or are earning less due to your own lack of effort.
  • The amount of property to be divided. If a spouse gets a significant settlement that provides enough money to support their lifestyle, the possibility of alimony is reduced.
  • Men versus women: Contrary to popular opinion, there is no legal preference if you are a man or woman. Either spouse can seek alimony. Courts are supposed to make decisions without regard to gender. But as you know, reality frequently conflicts with the rules. The bottom line, women still receive some preference for alimony.

Whoooo, RC giving MC money collected on Haleigh's behalf??? Good gracious, I can not imagine what would have happened if he did that! :eek: This board would have imploded! LOL! IMO, RC had nothing to do w/ Haleigh's going missing, but I would not appove of donations given to find Haleigh going to Misty. And I do feel for Misty, she was basically homeless, but Lisa and Hank should have taken that responsibilty. They have done nothing else for the child, they should have supported her, not money for Haleigh. MOO.

Whoooo, RC giving MC money collected on Haleigh's behalf??? Good gracious, I can not imagine what would have happened if he did that! :eek: This board would have imploded! LOL! IMO, RC had nothing to do w/ Haleigh's going missing, but I would not appove of donations given to find Haleigh going to Misty. And I do feel for Misty, she was basically homeless, but Lisa and Hank should have taken that responsibilty. They have done nothing else for the child, they should have supported her, not money for Haleigh. MOO.

curvi I'm not picking on you, but I never imagined or assumed that Ron would give any of the money collected for Haleigh to Misty! But, different from turbo, who thinks she did not contribute to their short marriage, I think she greatly contributed and is entitled to some type of restitution whether the court would order it or not. Just as the kind loving man we know Ron to be, he should make sure she has a roof over her head and food to eat until she can get on her feet, not cause he owes her, but cause it would be the right thing to do. Afterall , she was his lover, confidant, his caregiver for his most precious possessions and now, she needs some help. Ron could always
get a job and allow her an amount to see her through. Instead of new suits and attys he could be helping Misty. Besides if that rat gate charge is processed Ron could represent himself, since hes innocent and could only tell the truth. Then, if hes found guilty he could hire an atty to handle an appeal. These are just my opinions.

curvi I'm not picking on you, but I never imagined or assumed that Ron would give any of the money collected for Haleigh to Misty! But, different from turbo, who thinks she did not contribute to their short marriage, I think she greatly contributed and is entitled to some type of restitution whether the court would order it or not. Just as the kind loving man we know Ron to be, he should make sure she has a roof over her head and food to eat until she can get on her feet, not cause he owes her, but cause it would be the right thing to do. Afterall , she was his lover, confidant, his caregiver for his most precious possessions and now, she needs some help. Ron could always
get a job and allow her an amount to see her through. Instead of new suits and attys he could be helping Misty. Besides if that rat gate charge is processed Ron could represent himself, since hes innocent and could only tell the truth. Then, if hes found guilty he could hire an atty to handle an appeal. These are just my opinions.

I agree with ya as usual PG! I think what some get confused with is legal responsibility vs moral responsibility. Kinda like you don't always do things for others because you HAVE to, you do it because it's the right thing to do. JMO.....

From what I just read for FL if you are married less that 7 years you are very unlikely to get alimony. Kind of like TX, you have to be married 10 years, I believe, and have no ability to be able to earn a paycheck before you are able to get alimony. Heck, they weren't even married 8 months.

Who gets alimony and why?
Alimony is difficult to predict. While there are no exact guidelines for alimony in Florida law, the law list factors a judge must consider.

The most important issues the court will consider are:
  • The lifestyle the couple had prior to the divorce. If possible, a court will divide assets and future income in a way that allows both spouses to continue their lifestyle.
  • The length of the marriage. If the marriage is under 7 years, it is considered short term and alimony is much less likely. A marriage over 14 years will normally justify alimony. Marriages that lasted between the two numbers can go either way. The length of the marriage is only one issue. The judge will consider all of the issues before deciding.
  • The ability of one spouse to pay money and the need of the other spouse. The court will look at your ability to work, whether you worked in the past, and how much you earned. Other issues may be important such as special needs of children and if those needs interfere with work. The court will also look to see if you purposely became unemployed or are earning less due to your own lack of effort.
  • The amount of property to be divided. If a spouse gets a significant settlement that provides enough money to support their lifestyle, the possibility of alimony is reduced.
  • Men versus women: Contrary to popular opinion, there is no legal preference if you are a man or woman. Either spouse can seek alimony. Courts are supposed to make decisions without regard to gender. But as you know, reality frequently conflicts with the rules. The bottom line, women still receive some preference for alimony.

There is no alimony in Texas, last I heard. At least I've never known anybody to get it. But less than a year, I would think she couldn't qualify for alimony. JMO.

And he could argue that he supported her, gave her a roof over her head and food and money for clothes and shoes and ciggies while she lived with him and took care of his children, so he doesn't owe her anything.
I'm not taking his side because you're right, it would have been the charitible thing to do to help her out, BUT not many men are going to be charitable with ex-wives once they are done with them.
And... how do we know for sure that he didn't help her out with a little cash, and maybe the bus ticket to TN to stay with her granny? It's possible.

There is no alimony in Texas, last I heard. At least I've never known anybody to get it. But less than a year, I would think she couldn't qualify for alimony. JMO.

Texas has alimony it is just disquised under a different term. I do not recall the term used as it has been about17 years, something about earnings differential.

This disussion makes me wonder why rc did not just annul the marriage. I am thinking if he did, would't that make the marriage non-existent. people annul who are married for a short time and not asking for anything.

I wonder if he did do this, if that would open him up for charges filed by her. Perhaps that was why he made sure it was a divorce. Divorce did not make sense to me at all, in this case, when annulment is there for the offering and certainly fits the case, imo.

And he could argue that he supported her, gave her a roof over her head and food and money for clothes and shoes and ciggies while she lived with him and took care of his children, so he doesn't owe her anything.
I'm not taking his side because you're right, it would have been the charitible thing to do to help her out, BUT not many men are going to be charitable with ex-wives once they are done with them.
And... how do we know for sure that he didn't help her out with a little cash, and maybe the bus ticket to TN to stay with her granny? It's possible.

The best way to settle these matters is to let a Judge decide. He would view their financial records and everything would be out in the open, fair and square. Misty doesn't have to depend on Ronald to do what is fair, the Judge is there for that purpose and she needs to respect that because he would be impartial and unbias in his ruling. It is the wisest choice to make. Misty certainly has nothing to hide so it would be a wholesome change for her, a saving grace. Perhaps Misty is entitled to part of Ron's pension plan.

I believe the first use of the word "stole" came from RC himself during the 911 call, as an aside to Misty. I think it went something along the line of "how could you let my child get stole, beotch!". It was in a distressed, highpitched, whiney, breathy voice. I remember it because it was the first time my hinky meter topped the chart. I also wondered if he had already drunk the beer he picked up on the way home. Its not uncommon for night shift workers and long distance drivers to drink beer after work to put themselves to sleep. The hops in beer is a medicinal herb that has been used to induce sleep throughout the ages. Any idea if LE breathalized him, or 'tried' to, that night? Maybe its partially why he was so unable/unwilling to give 911 and responding LE information that night/morning.

Jmo of course, but, RC knew she was an uneducated minor with drug addiction problems. He took that on when he married her. She is even at this moment still a minor. He took responsibility for her, and divorcing her when she is still a minor, leaving her homeless, is something the judge should not have allowed. He should have been obligated to provide support for her until she turned 18. He should have been obligated to provide some kind of educational training, so she could support herself.

:)

eta; I wonder where the law stands when a man who should have been charged with a felony sex charge being over 24 and her being under 17, then gets permission from her parents to marry her, then divorces her after seven months. I wonder if they already knew just how long he would have to stay married to her to keep those charges away, and he stayed married to her not one day more then needful, only for her to be dumped on the street with no car, no money, no rehab, no furthering education, and no place to live.

The judge who accepted the agreement, which obviously was not in the best interest of the minor, should be held accountable for not making demands on the man who not only became her husband, but her guardian as well. I wonder what the legal standing is in this case. A guardian is not legally allowed to throw his charge on the street and not provide care for her. Anyone?

They were married less than 8 months. It is in no way RC's fault Misty has no education and no marketable skills. Her own parents never insisted she stay in school. If they were to "go to court" that would be yet another waste of Putman Co. tax dollars, imo, no Judge is going to award alimony to a wife of 8 months. And no offense but I highly doubt RC has a pension plan, and if he did there is no way MC would be entitled to any of it for an 8 month marriage, imo.

Seeing the amount of underage sex going on in Putnam Co. Nay Nay and Jerome come to mind, I don't think it is high on the list of priorities of PCSO, imo.

ETA: Getting married before 18 is not a new thing and I doubt the marriage of RC and MC is going to change any of the laws regarding underage marriage. moo.

It's new to me. rc is now 26 and m is 17. He committed a felony. If he did not marry her, he could be in prison by now, if M pressed the issue. Maybe they made a deal about this or maybe he got legal advice to marry her or else. he certainly was not happy to do so, though.

What annoys me is they both put on and lied about this being for Haleigh. these two have done quite a bit ol lying throughout this debacle. misty was claiming they were talking about this for a long time...WTH? fthey new each other about 5 months. Misty and her time recall is off again. all these people in this family seem to have a problem with time perception...wonder if is a virus unique to the family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla