Misty's actions/behaviors while dealing

ITA. i can't understand why some think misty was "enslaved" by the cummings. she was the part of the couple that took care of the home and the kids and RC was the part of the couple that provided. and he did a better job of it than her own parents had ever done. this is not enslavement. she was getting just as much out of the arrangement as she was giving. and could have left at any time as proven by her trip to tennessee. i personally believe she was 'ruined' long before she ever met the cummings and was already plent street smart.

<snip> Hank tells Misty she should listen to her lawyer.

MC: I know. But everything I done was for Ronald. Okay? Thats the reason I took all that stuff- cuz I loved him and I wanted to be with him (?) show him and make him and his family happy. So I went against my lawyer because that's what they wanted me to do.

2010.05.23 ~ Misty Jailhouse videos released: General Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community post #84

Now, Misty said this late in the game, IMO, this is when she started talking...

that's it. just happy to be with her man, & happy that she was making him happy.
I get the feeling that Misty had been around drugs her whole life, so she was very comfortable in this element. It's like she didn't have the sense to be nervous, suspicious, or paranoid. It was just a good day & good times.

IMO, Mistys giddy-ness is a side effect of being under the influence of hydrocodone.

oozer, Respectfully, I never said "enslaved" I said embraced.

i wasn't referring to your post. sorry if you thought i was. i read that on another thread yesterday where that word was used to describe her living arrangement.

sorry for the confusion.

I agree 100% with your thoughts. I also see two different people when viewing Misty on these tapes. I clearly see a very young girl like personality, that is whiny, scared, and using her little girl voice to get daddy to help or believe her. Then I see this hard core, smug, sexy, outwit you at your own game, kind of personality when she is with Ron. I look at the videos of her with Ron in the beginning of the case, then the ones in the car with Ron or the UC agent and compare them to this girl we see in jail talking to her dad, and it just makes you shake your head.

BBM. I've been waiting for the perfect catalyst for my contention that Misty is not learning disabled nor do I believe that she has a low IQ, and you have expressed it well, Bern. I pose no argument to the fact that Misty is under-educated, but I have never thought that the young woman was not capable of learning and could have done quite well if she had continued her education.

Besides the drug-dealing video, I also noticed Misty's chutzpah in the interview at the airport when she mentioned the divorce. She answered questions articulately and confidently, and no one would have suspected that this spunky young woman had only gone to school until she was about 12 years old. I taught high school and had many students who would not have been able to handle themselves as well in similar circumstances. jmo

BBM. I've been waiting for the perfect catalyst for my contention that Misty is not learning disabled nor do I believe that she has a low IQ, and you have expressed it well, Bern. I pose no argument to the fact that Misty is under-educated, but I have never thought that the young woman was not capable of learning and could have done quite well if she had continued her education.

Besides the drug-dealing video, I also noticed Misty's chutzpah in the interview at the airport when she mentioned the divorce. She answered questions articulately and confidently, and no one would have suspected that this spunky young woman had only gone to school until she was about 12 years old. I taught high school and had many students who would not have been able to handle themselves as well in similar circumstances. jmo

very well said and ITA. chelsea made the comment in one of her interviews that misty didn't have the book smarts to fool the fbi, fdle, etc. imo that doesn't require book smarts, it requires street smarts. which is exactly what she was learning from the age of 12 while all the other kids her age were in school.

Great points. But, do you remember the Good Morning America appearance where she's sunk so low in her seat she looks like she's sitting in a hole. And, she looks at Ron for help for the question as to why she had conflicting statements in her story about the night Haleigh disappeared.
We have a completely different Misty then. jmo

Great points. But, do you remember the Good Morning America appearance where she's sunk so low in her seat she looks like she's sitting in a hole. And, she looks at Ron for help for the question as to why she had conflicting statements in her story about the night Haleigh disappeared. We have a completely different Misty then. jmo

I absolutely recall the GMA interview and have commented on it elsewhere saying that Misty appeared "meek and mousy". My point above was that, having been an educator, I don't see Misty as a learning disabled, low IQ 18-year-old. Misty has shown that she is perfectly capable of pulling herself together and asserting herself articulately and confidently in situations where she is not under RC's control. jmo

I absolutely recall the GMA interview and have commented on it elsewhere saying that Misty appeared "meek and mousy". My point above was that, having been an educator, I don't see Misty as a learning disabled, low IQ 18-year-old. Misty has shown that she is perfectly capable of pulling herself together and asserting herself articulately and confidently in situations where she is not under RC's control. jmo

I think Misty has the ability to become what she needs to become in what ever situation she is in. That includes interviews on T.V. When the camera were rolling in Satsuma they caught a very confident girl arm in arm with Ron, but when she needed to be stupid, or meek, that is what she was. In the drug dealing video, she was what she was supposed to be, street smart, confident and Ron's partner in crime. On the 911 call, she was the scared little mouse, that was confused, but her other 911 call, well that wasn't acting, she was really scared. No wonder LE and the tests can't get to the truth.

BBM
Exactly!!

I think Misty has the ability to become what she needs to become in what ever situation she is in. That includes interviews on T.V. When the camera were rolling in Satsuma they caught a very confident girl arm in arm with Ron, but when she needed to be stupid, or meek, that is what she was. In the drug dealing video, she was what she was supposed to be, street smart, confident and Ron's partner in crime. On the 911 call, she was the scared little mouse, that was confused, but her other 911 call, well that wasn't acting, she was really scared. No wonder LE and the tests can't get to the truth.

BBM. A chameleon - and very good at the game. Exactly my point. Misty isn't stupid. This girl's got chutzpah, and, if she had grown up in an environment where education and success in life were valued, Misty could have carved out a nice career and life for herself. jmo

BBM. A chameleon - and very good at the game. Exactly my point. Misty isn't stupid. This girl's got chutzpah, and, if she had grown up in an environment where education and success in life were valued, Misty could have carved out a nice career and life for herself. jmo

And it is not just how she acts... It is how her whole face and looks change. I wish I could put up a series of her different looks all in a row; up to the last one we have of her. She is a chameleon, that's my point exactly. The only reason she can't read well or write, is because she didn't want to. It didn't interest her.

If Misty doesn't take a plea, you can bet your bottom dollar that the scared, little mouse will show up for the trial. All confused and "I just woke up" and "saw a 3", "that's all I know".....

IMO she's doing fine, fluent and confident enough, whenever she's not being asked to explain what happened to Haleigh and why her stories don't make sense. Talk to her about her wedding, her drugs, whatever, she's happy to oblige; it's just those difficult questions that give her trouble.

my opinion:

I think Misty has a low IQ, not because she wasn't born intelligent but I bet she never put forth effort in school. But, it doesn't matter what your IQ score is - unless it is below 60 and you need to live with assistance. If she has an IQ score of 74 she still knows the difference from right and wrong. That is part of being a member of society. You learn the basic meaning of right and wrong in kindergarten through elementary school years.

The fact she is a chronic law breaker and shows no remorse...why would she show remorse about what happened to Haleigh?

No remorse = psychopathic deviate.

ETA = she's street smart not book smart.

So I have to wonder, is it the drugs that gave Misty the confidence and happy, street smart personality and then when she goes to jail, she is off drugs and she is again the scared, little, whiny mouse, playing dumb for daddy? Still shaking my head.

Thanks again Papa, you know how to get the point across.

I get the feeling that Misty had been around drugs her whole life, so she was very comfortable in this element. It's like she didn't have the sense to be nervous, suspicious, or paranoid. It was just a good day & good times.

Not to mention..IMHO, none of them are the brightest crayons in the box..and I don't mean book-sense...not a lick of common sense either..with them all combined. I have to factor in their drug use at the time to even fathom WHY..when they know that LE is already looking at them (R & M anyway imo) would ANYONE sell anything to anybody that they don't know?! hmm..I suppose I'm trying to give them the credit that I would any ordinary person and that just doesn't work in this case..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back