MN MN - Amy Pagnac, 13, Osseo, 5 Aug 1989

I'm posting what we posted on the Facebook page here as well, minus the photos. This was posted on monday.

Today marks thirty years since someone took you away. We have met many people since then, who have worked and are still working to bring Amy home. Today, we have no new information of where Amy is.

Even though we may meet you one day, remember, when the cameras and reporters are gone, families are still grieving.
The loss of a loved one doesn't end when it's no longer news.
Everyday you remember the person who's not here, not on purpose, it just happens.
Time doesn't heal all wounds, we just accept them. We never give up Hope.

I live about 5 minutes outside of Osseo. I also doubt Amy was at the gas station unless it was in a different location than it is now. One time, I was sitting in Panera Bread in Maple Grove and a retired cop who worked on Amy's case was in there. He overheard me talking about my law enforcement training and struck up a conversation with me. The retired cop doesn't think Amy was at the gas station, either.

Sorry, can you name or describe this cop. Most officers who worked on the case were professionals who wouldn't disclose information about an active case to a random person at Panera, even during retirement.
Did they really work on the case? Were they a cop? Detective? I know one who gave me the creepy feels, who may have let things slip to try and get something, but otherwise I can't see many working on the case talking about this generally.

Last edited:
Besides Midden was there really another verified person to lay eyes on her after leaving the hobby farm? Looking through all the details that are public, every recorded press release .. it has never been reported that someone other than Mom and dad seen her that day.
If there is some place that states it through law enforcement public releases ( do you have a link proving that there was a verified sighting that was investigated by law enforcement) .. I might actually believe there was a sighting of her after the farm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amy Sue Pagnac – The Charley Project

Last updated July 13, 2021; picture added, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.

• Medical ConditionsAmy suffers from headaches and occasional seizures due to a medical condition causing pressure on her brain. She may also have bipolar disorder, although she had not been officially diagnosed with the condition by 1989. She is also required to take allergy medication.
Details of Disappearance
Amy and her father, Marshall Midden, stopped at the Holiday Inn gasoline station in Osseo, Minnesota at 4:30 p.m. on August 5, 1989. They were on their way home from a day trip to the family farm at the time; they lived in 9700 block of Hemlock Lane north in Maple Grove, Minnesota, two miles from the gas station.

Midden went inside the station for a brief moment to use the bathroom. When he returned, he saw that she had disappeared from their parked vehicle. She has never been heard from again.

Authorities initially believed Amy ran away from home. She had been having some problems that summer and ran away repeatedly, but always returned home on her own after a short time period. She is no longer classified as a runaway. It's possible that had a seizure while Midden was inside the building and became disoriented as a result. She may have walked away from their car afterwards.

It's worth noting that no other witnesses besides her father reported seeing Amy at the gas station that day, and police were unable to independently verify that she had been there.

Amy remains missing and her case is unsolved. Her family has kept the same telephone number since her disappearance in case she attempts to contact them. Her case received additional attention in the spring of 2014, after authorities searched her parents' farm in Isanti County, Minnesota and their residence in Maple Grove for information in her case, but the searches turned up nothing of interest. Amy's parents maintain their innocence in her case and her mother says she thinks her daughter was taken for sex trafficking.

Maple Grove police are investigating Amy's disappearance. It is classified as a non-family abduction.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I wish one of the amazing true crime podcasts out there would do a podcast about Amy. Or a Disappeared episode would be great.

I sure hope the new year brings answers for Amy’s loved ones.

I will admit, I have my opinions about what may have happened. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
In January of 1988, Susan Swedell was abducted from a gas station just on the other side of the Twin Cities. Thirty miles give-or-take away.

Susan was followed to the gas station by a man. She talked to him, got in his car with him, and they left together. Presumably this was a man she knew.

No cell phones in the 80’s nor did Amy know they would be stopping at that gas station at that time. I can’t see how Amy would have been able to tell someone to meet her there.

However, if you truly think there could be a connection, you should call in a tip. In Susan’s case they do have a potential suspect and he is still alive and living in AZ.

STOP THE BICKERING.

If you’re going to post something as fact, you must provide an approved source link to verify said information (unless you’ve applied to become and been verified as a case insider).

If you’ve got nothing productive or on topic to say, say nothing at all. We aren’t all going to agree on everything or share the same opinions - scroll and roll.

If you feel a particular post has violated Websleuths’s rules, report it and let a staff member handle it. Bickering back and forth adds nothing to the discussion and takes away from the purpose of this thread - AMY.

I've read every post on this thread. I didn't see anything mentioned about checking out the local sex offenders.

I've come to the conclusion that this was a "crime of opportunity." I believe Amy was either abducted by a random stranger or by someone she knew that happened to see her alone at the gas station.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back