GUILTY MN - Anna Hurd, 16, stabbed to death, Maplewood, 23 Feb 2013

Twitter rumors are saying it was the boyfriend that was arrested.

Ugh really? :(
I was really hoping it wasn't her boyfriend. :(
It's so sad.
Someone you love and trust...it happens too much.
That picture that he posted on his fb page..i don't know if it's still there or not, but someone had commented something to him on it and told him that he was the best thing for her. And he liked the comment. :(
It's so creepy.

Press conference didn't give much more information. The boy arrested was an acquaintance of Anna's, and by acquaintance they simply mean "knew her", could very well be the boyfriend. The father apparently thinks it was the boyfriend. Rumors say the boyfriend's car was towed today. They expect to file charges Monday or Tuesday.

I can't believe how openly kids talk about drug use on Twitter. Do they think no one can see that? Stalk your kids online...and their friends. :(
...and I don't mean that as an attack on her or her parents.

Ugh really? :(
I was really hoping it wasn't her boyfriend. :(
It's so sad.
Someone you love and trust...it happens too much.
That picture that he posted on his fb page..i don't know if it's still there or not, but someone had commented something to him on it and told him that he was the best thing for her. And he liked the comment. :(
It's so creepy.

Ohhh, I just figured something out. The comment you say the boyfriend "liked" on his own FB wasn't the boyfriend. The boyfriend is a "Jr.", it was his father that "liked" that comment. Anna's father posted on his FB that he doesn't blame someone named "Laurie" and her daughter "Becca" - sure enough the daughter is on the father of the boyfriend's FB. Seems pretty clear-cut to me.

How sad. What can a parent do in certain circumstances? We all try to find the right balance but there isn't always a right and wrong. :(

RIP dear Anna.
:rose: :rose: :rose:

From June 2013:

http://wjon.com/minnesota-teen-sentenced-for-girlfriends-murder/

A 17-year-old Maplewood boy has been sentenced to nearly 22 years in prison for stabbing his girlfriend to death in February.

Anthony Mitchell pleaded guilty as an adult to second-degree murder in May...

Mitchell testified at his plea hearing in May that Hurd was supposed to board a bus for Texas Feb. 23 and that he wanted to accompany her, but she told him in the park she didn’t want to be with him anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back