Identified! MN - Blue Earth, WhtFem 183UFMN, 20-35, May'80 - Michelle Busha

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by carolina, Oct 29, 2004.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

2. Jake479

Jake479 Well-Known Member

I know that it has been months since her identification, but I just wanted to say that she was a beautiful girl who didn't deserve to die the way she did. RIP Michelle Yvette Busha

3. B4igo2it

B4igo2it Well-Known Member

"The whole, entire detailed story of Jane/Michelle, from beginning to end, was never written. Until now.

Silvia Pettem, a research writer from Colorado, who specializes in unsolved missing persons cases, has written a new book. It is titled "The Long Term Missing: Hope and Help for Families."

And, one chapter in the book is all about Blue Earth's Jane Doe/Michelle Busha."

From the editor of the local newspaper (my hometown), I am so proud of my community.

http://faribaultcountyregister.com/...final-chapter-in-Jane-Doe-story.html?nav=5046

Michelle Yvette Busha. She was just 18 when she had been brutally murdered. The officer that murdered her, lived in the same county where he "tossed her away." as a teenager, I thought he was creepy.

4. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

Watching the "Who Killed Jane Doe: Runaway Jane" episode on Discovery ID. It's about Michelle.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mrs. Badcrumble likes this.
  5. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

6. Richard

7. Richard

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Michelle Yvette Busha, 18, went missing from Bay City, Texas on 9 May 1980.

Michelle's body was found on 30 May 1980, in Blue Earth, Minnesota, 21 days after she went missing. Investigators determined that she died about some 3-7 days prior to her body being found. Death was due to strangulation. When found she wore no clothing and her feet were heavily calloused. Her head was shaved, except for a small spot. All ten fingernails had forcibly been removed by her killer.

Nine years later, Robert Leroy Nelson confessed to sexually assaulting and murdering the victim and was charged. She was an apparent hitchhiker.

Michelle was finally identified in 2015.

LINK:

Michelle Busha

Mrs. Badcrumble likes this.