MN MN - Brandon Swanson, 19, Marshall, 14 May 2008

In the 45 minutes Brandon was on the cell phone, he would have walked maybe 1.5 miles? If he were headed to Taunton, he would have made it in that time - if heading back to Porter, on a gravel road, the "Oh Sh**" may have been an encounter - with a person or a vehicle - rather than falling into the river. Just a thought? I would like to know exactly where the car went into the ditch though - just to take a look at the area.

Brandon law OK'd

Senators added their approval to changing the state's missing persons law to provide quicker law enforcement organization response when young adults disappear.

"This is about speeding up filing missing persons reports," Sen. Dennis Frederickson, R-New Ulm, said.

Several 18- to 21-year-old Minnesotans have gone missing, but law enforcement agencies often rely on a state law that does not require immediate investigation in missing adult cases.

Senators approved the measure 62-0 with a minor amendment to a House-passed version. Gov. Tim Pawlenty is expected to sign the measure.

The law is named after Brandon Swanson, who disappeared in southwestern Minnesota.

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/politics/index.cfm?page=article_bureau&id=51368&legislative_tag=1

bumping this up for Brandon....its been a year now....is there any news at all???

Looks like they've again suspended the search. I joined this site just to comment on this case because it's so bizarre. I cannot even imagine talking to my child on the phone, trying to guide them to safety, having them cut out, and then never knowing what happened. This case has really stuck with me since I last read it months ago. I would check back every few weeks, hoping for a positive update, sadly there hasn't been one. This is such a tragic story, I really feel for the family.

He was at a party in Lyon, MN, but went to Canby, and then was going home to Marshall? Why did he got to Canby? Did he have someone else in the car with him? Why did he think he was in Lyon when he was in fact near Taunton? Was he new to the area? Why or how did he wind up on a small gravel road? Are the roads marked out there with signs going to different towns?

I looked over all the info here and I have to come to the conclusion he met an unexpected accidental death not involving any other person. Brandon was looking to be found so he would not have run off. If this place was so isolated, it is unlikely that anyone would have been driving along and picked him up or been lying in wait to kill a college kid. Also, if someone had picked him up he would have told his father that fact.

Brandon would not have said "oh s---" if the cell suddenly went dead on him. Most people keep talking away not knowing their connection died. So a cell cutting out would not be the event causing him to curse. And whatever it was that caused him to curse took out him and the phone at the same time.

The odd thing about the phone was that supposedly it rang later without going directly to voicemail. I think that was just one of those weird things that happen with phones from time to time. If he just dropped the phone on the ground as he fell in a hole, well, river, whatever, his father would have had dead air on the other end of the line. Also I think the battery would have been dead by the time LE (or whoever) made those subsequent calls that rang first then went to VM.

Webrocket, interesting comments on the cell phone. Never really thought about the "dead air" but I think you are right. I just wish they'd find this boy.

If you're interested in following Brandon's story, you can go to this website:

http://thesearchforbrandon.blogspot.com/

"Lyon" is not a town here, that is the county in which some of the cities are located in that were being referred to on T.V., websites, etc. He had driven to Canby, MN to go to a party and left from home from there. My guess from seeing where his car was is that he was taking back roads perhaps and got a little turned around. From the spot his car was located, it looked much like the same terrain (and city lights in the distance) as that of a town nearby named Lynd.

There are several farms in the area and a lot of farming acres. A lot of different things could have happened to Brandon..he could have climbed over a fence and walked off a ledge and fallen into the river or a pond or an old water well ....the terrain around here varies a lot so there's really not telling what could happen. His phone could have easily flipped shut if he fell, that happens to my phone all of the time.

I hope we can find Brandon and bring him home to his mom, dad and sister. They are a really sweet family- I've gone on many searches with his dad and they are trully a great, loving family.

Thanks for the update, Marshall.

Any idea why there have been so few updates on the http://thesearchforbrandon.blogspot.com/ website? I was hoping to help with some searches this fall but it looks like they only did one search. Has the family more or less given up or are they just not doing formal searches?

The lack of updates is my fault. I am the Search Manager for the efforts to find Brandon and have been working directly with the family and the three Sheriff's Offices involved in the case. I have simply been overwhelmed with our case load and haven't gotten the updates written yet. You should see an update soon.

I simply wanted to reply to reassure everyone that the search is indeed still alive and we feel we are closing in on the location of Brandon's remains.

The lack of updates is my fault. I am the Search Manager for the efforts to find Brandon and have been working directly with the family and the three Sheriff's Offices involved in the case. I have simply been overwhelmed with our case load and haven't gotten the updates written yet. You should see an update soon.

I simply wanted to reply to reassure everyone that the search is indeed still alive and we feel we are closing in on the location of Brandon's remains.

Well, that is good news!

Did the Forensic Astrology ladies ever do a chart for Brandon?

Did the Forensic Astrology ladies ever do a chart for Brandon?

I don't think so.
But I have all his info saved.
His case had such exact times that it would be fairly easy for forensic astrologers to work, providing they have enough time to do so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back