MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

K-9's are not infallible. Search teams, including K-9's, miss people all the time. :(

Body Found in Woods Believed to Be Missing Sagaponack Woman | The East Hampton Star
She was found hanging from a low-lying branch, in a heavily wooded area that had been previously searched by officers, as well as K-9 units.

Man Missing Since Christmas Eve Found Dead With Multiple Gunshot Wounds: Autopsy
The Chicago Police Department confirmed that officers and a K9 search unit had previously searched the area where Brooks' body was found nd said it had also searched several other locations.

A Muslim Teenager Was Found nd The FBI Is Now Reviewing The Case
A search team with a K-9 unit was unable to find his body when the area was previously searched.

Remains of Chesapeake woman who disappeared in 2017 identified
Chesapeake police, Virginia Department of Emergency Management crews and hundreds of K-9 teams, aviation teams and trackers from multiple states had previously searched for Coffield near a road that neighbors reported she'd been seen walking along.

Sheriff's office investigating after human remains found in Kanawha County
The K-9 group had previously searched the area with detectives working a missing person case
Over a hundred searchers trampled the area before the dogs. Initial thoughts were he would easily be found so the search wasn't a consideration. Haven't heard dogs tracked him from the Uber drop-off. Why not? Doesn't seems that all those businesses had cameras.

It showes that it goes to Valley Acres Police Range. There is a gate but IDK if it is ever closed. All the pictures I have seen its been open. From there it turns into a dirt road which looks like it could be a gravel pit.
En masse search predicted for spring thaw. I think he'll be found. Gravel pit is a definite possibility. Just me, but I would feel guilty finding him for the reward.

If he kept walking somewhere, wouldn’t the dozens of canines have tracked him to wherever he is, or if he got picked up by someone… to that spot? I also consider if he stuck to the roads in the industrial area, wouldn’t one of the many security cameras on those businesses have picked him up? I still would like to know anything about his path that night, what was picked up on the cameras, if he was still in possession of his phone, the call with his friends, etc. Really anything.
Were there really dozens of dogs? I have only heard of Sophie and her route around the pond near Essendant. Searchers trampled the area before the dogs. Why wouldn't the dogs pick up a scent to Lone Oak Trail? Well, why didn't they pick up his scent from the Uber house to Hwy 13? Seems they should have completely traced his route from there.

There are multiple K-9 maps out on caltopo.com. Not easy to use, but if you scroll through the map names , there are quite a few for Bryce, or BB Eagan, etc from October into December. I had a few links saved to them. There was one map of the dog tracking his path from the friends house where the Uber dropped them off to the spot his phone last ping’d. That one has since been deleted from that site. A few others were deleted also, but others still out there. No idea why. I also don’t know what all those maps mean or where the dogs actually had hits. I have also messaged with someone who knows someone very close to the family. She is the one who said they have had different canines from multiple states track him to to those ponds and all hit there, and family was considering draining it. I wondered if Bryce had been to those ponds before if walking back there…could the dogs have picked up an earlier scent of his. Assuming only LE can verify any of this and know where the dogs hit or what it all means, as they are releasing so little. All JMO.

There are multiple K-9 maps out on caltopo.com. Not easy to use, but if you scroll through the map names , there are quite a few for Bryce, or BB Eagan, etc from October into December. I had a few links saved to them. There was one map of the dog tracking his path from the friends house where the Uber dropped them off to the spot his phone last ping’d. That one has since been deleted from that site. A few others were deleted also, but others still out there. No idea why. I also don’t know what all those maps mean or where the dogs actually had hits. I have also messaged with someone who knows someone very close to the family. She is the one who said they have had different canines from multiple states track him to to those ponds and all hit there, and family was considering draining it. I wondered if Bryce had been to those ponds before if walking back there…could the dogs have picked up an earlier scent of his. Assuming only LE can verify any of this and know where the dogs hit or what it all means, as they are releasing so little. All JMO.
So strange with the activity centered around the Essendant pond that divers didn't find him. I would guess the family would drain it in spring. Not much of an option.

So strange with the activity centered around the Essendant pond that divers didn't find him. I would guess the family would drain it in spring. Not much of an option.
Yes, I wondered if sonar would definitely pick up a body? Can’t a fish locator/sonar pick up a little fish? Guess I don’t know enough about sonar, but doesn’t make much sense to me. JMO. And then what if they drain it in the spring and he isn’t in there? Then what?

Yes, I wondered if sonar would definitely pick up a body? Can’t a fish locator/sonar pick up a little fish? Guess I don’t know enough about sonar, but doesn’t make much sense to me. JMO. And then what if they drain it in the spring and he isn’t in there? Then what?
With the reward out there I'm thinking the family could be searching for other ideas such as an abduction. Certainly the reward wouldn't be meant for the ponds. I still think a Go Fund Me would up the reward to a substantial amount. What if he still isn't found? Absolutely no idea except to say he isn't in that area.

With the reward out there I'm thinking the family could be searching for other ideas such as an abduction. Certainly the reward wouldn't be meant for the ponds. I still think a Go Fund Me would up the reward to a substantial amount. What if he still isn't found? Absolutely no idea except to say he isn't in that area.
Is there any significance in the timing of the reward? It may simply be that after nearly 3 months, the family felt they had exhausted all other resources and this was a "last effort" to hopefully find Bryce. Or is there something in the evidence, data, etc. that LE has obtained that might lead in a different direction? Just thinking out loud here if there's anything to be garnered by the reward now, and not a month after Bryce went missing, or even after two months, etc.

Isn't everything about the case odd, starting with the circumstances of his disappearance, not immediately finding him, ending the physical search, family silence, and now the reward timing. No way is a physical search of that area going to find him with the current physical January and more conditions so why a reward announcement now? No answer unless the family feels he is not in the current area.

For sure odd. I can’t wrap my head around anything, and just as something seems to make a little sense, something else happens that puts me back at square one. I wish we had a little information or detail. I have wondered if the reward timing is because they are at a standstill with everything else…the weather/snow stopping searches, draining the pond, etc. I guess I would want to feel like I am still trying if it were my family member. Or maybe they are just trying to figure out how he ended up in the pond, if they truly think he is in there. Or what happened if he is not. I sure hope the police and family know more than the rest of us. Again all JMO.

He was very drunk, according to what we all know. What if he made it as far as the Lone Oak Trail and thought he was on the sidewalk going to his apartment? No dogs traced him there, but maybe thoughts were to keep the dogs searching Hwy 13 toward the direction of the river. This would entail expanding the search area to include Gun Club Lake, the 494 trail, the trail to St. Paul. If he isn't found in the nearby ponds, he could be anywhere.

So why does LE always say no foul play suspected at the start in what seems every missing person case? Same for the Chris Jenkins case, which then turned out a homicide. Do they never want to suspect the worst? Or not upset the public? I have to wonder if they would be more open and transparent early on, if people would come forward with information. When you pass it off as just a drunken accident, what incentive is there for anyone to dig deeper or come forward with anything they heard or saw that night that may have been suspicious. Just my opinion.
I agree. In my opinion, the most egregious recent example of this was the Idaho student murders. LE did change their messaging quickly, but I question the decision to immediately say there is no danger to the public. Until you investigate, how do you know? With Bryce, there are no absolute answers until he is found. Imo

I almost wonder if the award money is hoping to entice some kids from the party bus and/or party to come forward with more information. Just seems odd to offer an award when they are “sure” he wandered off and fell into a waterbody. The award just seems odd with the timing, especially since it’s very likely that area will stay covered with snow until earliest March, so just weird timing. Looking through the friends that have posted on facebook and shared updates, it doesn’t seem like they were with him on that night in question. So my question is where are the kids that saw him at the party or the ones who dropped him off and saw him get into the Uber? Seems there is more to the story and I wonder if they are all minors or being told to remain quiet on specific details. If the later that would suggest law enforcement is keeping details quiet, thinking there’s foul play. This is all of course IMO

I almost wonder if the award money is hoping to entice some kids from the party bus and/or party to come forward with more information. Just seems odd to offer an award when they are “sure” he wandered off and fell into a waterbody. The award just seems odd with the timing, especially since it’s very likely that area will stay covered with snow until earliest March, so just weird timing. Looking through the friends that have posted on facebook and shared updates, it doesn’t seem like they were with him on that night in question. So my question is where are the kids that saw him at the party or the ones who dropped him off and saw him get into the Uber? Seems there is more to the story and I wonder if they are all minors or being told to remain quiet on specific details. If the later that would suggest law enforcement is keeping details quiet, thinking there’s foul play. This is all of course IMO
If the group was on a Minneapolis party bus, they would have needed to be of legal age, 21. Not kids. He was 23, doubtful he would be hanging around with kids.

I think your idea that BB's friends may be enticed with the reward is an idea worth pursuing. It is indeed odd we have not heard who they are or statements unless I missed this somehow. Another strange thing about the case.

If the group was on a Minneapolis party bus, they would have needed to be of legal age, 21. Not kids. He was 23, doubtful he would be hanging around with kids.

I think your idea that BB's friends may be enticed with the reward is an idea worth pursuing. It is indeed odd we have not heard who they are or statements unless I missed this somehow. Another strange thing about the case.
I ‘know of’ one of his friends whose house they took the Uber to. I also know of one person on the party bus. All around the same age as Bryce. From nice families. I would guess if they knew anything, they would have said something already. I’d be shocked if any of his friends know details and are keeping quiet. But I’ve seen nothing posted by them, which makes me think they were told to keep quiet…maybe by LE or the family. What I don’t know, is what other people were on the bus or at the bar, that may know something. Maybe that’s where the reward is geared. MOO of course.

I ‘know of’ one of his friends whose house they took the Uber to. I also know of one person on the party bus. All around the same age as Bryce. From nice families. I would guess if they knew anything, they would have said something already. I’d be shocked if any of his friends know details and are keeping quiet. But I’ve seen nothing posted by them, which makes me think they were told to keep quiet…maybe by LE or the family. What I don’t know, is what other people were on the bus or at the bar, that may know something. Maybe that’s where the reward is geared. MOO of course.
IMO
I was wondering if he took illegal drugs & alcohol. Could they charge someone for the drug part causing death? I still think he will show up in spring just like Martise Windom. LE searched for him in the small holding pond 3 times! Still think of Bryce daily

Good ideas.

Could the friends be silent because drugs are involved? $30,000 is a lot for a young person - might bring an answer, although I think as a friend, they would have said something. Maybe they did, and the police are concentrating on finding him rather than charging someone with drugs.

I'm new to this thread. Thank you to everyone that's contributing. I've been following this case, having been an acquaintance of the family in the past. I have no insider information, but I'd validate those that have said the family are great people. I pray for the family and the friends. Two of my children have lost close friends, so I can relate to what they're going through. I hope channels such as this can help keep the hope alive and that we find Bryce!

Bryce Borca has been missing since early morning hours of October 30th after a night out with friends and being dropped off about 2 miles from his apartment. He FaceTimed his friends in the early hours saying he was lost and his phone was at 2% battery - 12 mins into the call his phone supposedly died and no one has heard from nor seen him since. There was nothing found in any remotely close areas to where his phone last pinged and to today there has been no updates or further information on this missing person case. No evidence , no clues , nothing , as if he simply vanished in thin air. After the first day of volunteers and everyone searching the search was called off and we have only had one public update since asking for any further info from the public. PLEASE HELP FIND BRYCE BORCA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back