GUILTY MN - Landen Hoffmann, 5, thrown from 3rd Floor at Mall of America by stranger, 12 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

The victim's family is asking for privacy and for their name to be withheld at this time, according to Police Chief Jeff Potts. Doctors removed the child's spleen, he has multiple fractures on the face, arm and leg. He has many surgeries ahead of him. One of his cousin's posted on social media, "He is fighting to stay with us every second.

Child pushed in MOA incident suffered multiple fractures, remains hospitalized; suspect held for attempted murder

Aranda's uncle, Francis Aranda, said his nephew had violent tendencies since childhood, even with his own family. Aranda's uncle shared a final thought, "we are going to pray for that baby because what happened is so unfortunate, but it's going to bring light to mental illness, I hope he doesn't go to jail, he needs help."

"I hope he doesn't go to prison, he needs help.". Seriously? Society would never be safe with this man free. He should be in prison forever.

Landen needs prayers. Yet the perpetrator's family is focused on making sure that the perpetrator doesn't go to prison?

"I hope he doesn't go to prison, he needs help.". Seriously? Society would never be safe with this man free. He should be in prison forever.

Landen needs prayers. Yet the perpetrator's family is focused on making sure that the perpetrator doesn't go to prison?
He's had violent tendencies since childhood and NOW the family thinks he needs to get help?

I keep thinking about this poor baby and his family. This is such horror. I don't even really want to follow this thread or the news about this, because even though I'm far from naive, this is a level of evil I don't even want to know exists. But I do want to know how the little boy is doing (purposely not using his name because of the family's request for privacy), so I keep checking. Just can't wrap my head around this....

Boy, 5, Who Was Thrown off Mall of America Balcony Is Making Steps Toward Recovery

Long road ahead, but I think this little guy is going to make it through..

Sure. The problem is how will his life look after this? And his family? Will he be in a wheelchair? Is their home accessible for a wheelchair? Do they have a van for a wheelchair? Do both of his parents work? Who will take their son to physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, wheelchair fittings, numerous other medical and rehabilitation appointments?

The reality of having a child with severe multiple disabilities is not something people are ever prepared for...it is a full time job.

I wonder how the staff at the jail can stand being around this dirt bag. I'd be tempted to give him a shove if I had to walk him down the hall or maybe smash his food tray in his face when delivering it. I don't know how they do it.

I wonder how the staff at the jail can stand being around this dirt bag. I'd be tempted to give him a shove if I had to walk him down the hall or maybe smash his food tray in his face when delivering it. I don't know how they do it.

My daughter worked at Moose Lake State hospital for the civilly committed sex offenders. One Friday, she could not take it anymore. Listening to them justify why it was ok to rape a three year old.

She walked off the job. A good job with good benefits. She had no other job.

My daughter worked at Moose Lake State hospital for the civilly committed sex offenders. One Friday, she could not take it anymore. Listening to them justify why it was ok to rape a three year old.

Wow. There is no way I could work at a job like that for even half a day.

Everyone has their limits. I could never work with people who hurt children. There is no potential for rehabilitation here. None.

Sure. The problem is how will his life look after this? And his family? Will he be in a wheelchair? Is their home accessible for a wheelchair? Do they have a van for a wheelchair? Do both of his parents work? Who will take their son to physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, wheelchair fittings, numerous other medical and rehabilitation appointments?

The reality of having a child with severe multiple disabilities is not something people are ever prepared for...it is a full time job.

Hoping his spine and brain have been spared of unrecoverable trauma. Media reports have been quiet about his injuries, to protect the family’s privacy, I would guess. I’ve heard arms, legs, facial trauma, spleen. Yes, it’s a long, hard, road and it never should have happened. Yet, here we are.

Without a doubt, this is a horrific tragedy at the hands of a very disturbed monster. The legal system will deal with him.

I am still praying the boy pulls through the critical stage and eventually makes a full recovery. I’m holding to hope.

Latest Update:
We have good news to share with you all on this Good Friday! Our miracle child Landen is showing real signs or recovery. New test results have been positive, though he remains in intensive care with a long road ahead.

Latest Update:
We have good news to share with you all on this Good Friday! Our miracle child Landen is showing real signs or recovery. New test results have been positive, though he remains in intensive care with a long road ahead.
Link?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back