MN MN - Christopher Jenkins, 21, UM student, Minneapolis, 1 Nov 2002

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by johnny, Apr 18, 2004.

1. johnny

johnny New Member

Four missing people -- just a tragic coincidence?

In the two weeks after Halloween, three college men disappeared from Minneapolis, Collegeville, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Around the same time, a 21-year-old woman in Brainerd failed to show up for work, and has not been seen since. Despite constant media exposure and massive search efforts, all four are still missing, and authorities are still waiting for the one tip or stroke of luck that might yield some answers. If the cases are linked, a break in one might solve them all. But at this point it seems just as likely all four are only connected by a tragic coincidence.

All four are still missing? Nothing?

2. Loading...

3. smile22

smile22 Live Laugh Love

do u have any more info on the case

thanks

shorty

4. johnny

johnny New Member

5. Hammerized

Hammerized New Member

No, this is a really old article.

Christopher Jenkins was found on 2/27/03

Michael Noll was found 3/4/2003

I've been seeing more and more online discussions about these young people (mostly men) in the past year. The following website has been around for a while and has a good list of them all with various links and other info.

http://www.childseeknetwork.com/commonalities.htm

There is more info in the "Located" Jared Dion thread. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6734

Edit- Oh, I see you posted there as well... :) I see Trino provided this same link in that thread in a post prior to your reponse in that thread- go check it out, it's scary. I'll leave it here in case anyone else sees this.

6. Shadow205

Shadow205 New Member

In the case of Chris Jenkins the case has now been classified as a murder investigation. Just heard this on Greta and am looking for a link. They are also looking at the other deaths and the possibilty of a serial killer. The FBI is now investigating the deaths.

7. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/27/earlyshow/main2209532.shtml

...Now, four years later, police are agreeing with the family. They say Chris was the victim of a homicide. He was thrown from a bridge. There is an eyewitness and a suspect.

"We did make a mistake. We made an assumption," Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan said last week. "For the Minneapolis Police Department, I want to apologize to the Jenkins family." (more and video at link)

8. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Bumping, the murder of Christopher Jenkins is still unsolved.

Originally, the death was ruled as an accidental drowning. After the family consulted with other professionals, the cause of death was changed to a homicide. There was an alleged eye-witness to the murder and he implicated an acquaintance as being responsible. The major hole in his story is that he said that the perpetrator threw Christopher off of the Hennepin Avenue bridge. Investigators were dubious to the idea that someone could do this to a person the size of Chris. Also, the bridge is under surveillance. A commuter would have possibly seen something happening. If not, there are cameras that would have recorded some evidence of this scenario happening. No charges were brought up after this "tip" was received.

There are some theories that this murder may be connected to some other cases that occurred within the same time-frame. Investigators have not made any connections public; if any do exist.

Chris Jenkins Homicide: Someone Knows Something - November 2013. Here's a background summary on the case.

NBC's Dateline covers Chris Jenkins murder mystery - August 2010

After Her Son’s Murder, A Minn. Mom Is Working To Encourage Others - May 2012

9. savagewoman

savagewoman Member

ID show Breaking Homicide is doing an episode on him.

I remember him missing on Halloween 2002. I saw missing flyers on every light pole on Nicollet Ave in downtown Minneapolis and by my bus stop. All winter long I saw the flyers as they faded or fell off long before they found him.
    They associated him with the Smiley Face Killer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. creepedout

creepedout Active Member

Watching the Investigation Discovery show now.

11. creepedout

creepedout Active Member

Listening to the discussion surrounding the Smiley Face Killer(s) operating on the I94 corridor really makes me think of the much more recent Thomas Bearson case out of Fargo. The demographics (20ish white male college student) and lack of motive for homicide fit nearly perfectly.

12. Elisaa444

Elisaa444 Informer

Watching Breaking Homicide on Investigation Discovery about this case. Very interesting. It's been so long. I'm praying Christopher's family gets to the truth of what happened to their son.

Jmo/Moo/Jmho/Imo/Etc.

13. Memo30

Memo30 Former Member

Can't have been more than 15 years now on Chris.

14. kdomino

kdomino New Member

The issue I have with him going down to the water to pee is that it's not very convenient. I'm a senior of the U of M and have taken the exact same path as Chris at all hours of the night. In order for him to get down to the river to relieve himself it would be a bit of a trek down. To me it makes more sense to just stop somewhere else to go to the bathroom quick. Even an ally way would be easier. Now, if he did end up down by the water it's very very dark under the bridge, and would be hard to see much of anything down there. If he did go down there it would explain why he wasn't seen on the footage of the bridge from that night. Maybe he went down and never came back up because that's when something happened?

The recent Breaking Homicide episode about this discussed the possibility of hanging out at Nicolette Island. I've never heard of anyone going there to hang out let alone party so it's hard to picture.

Another thing I'm stuck on is why he left without any of his belongings. There's some controversy over whether or not he was kicked out. Regardless, why wouldn't he demand his belongings back or wait outside to have someone let his friends know what's going on. If his wallet and ID are still in the bar, he's not going to be getting into any other bars. Where else would he go other than home? If there was a party somewhere he decided on it would likely be on campus which would be back across the bridge.

As for the conflicting stories on whether or not he was kicked out....from the breaking homicide show the bouncer from that night claims Chris wasn't kicked out, and he didn't seem that intoxicated. Yet Chris just decided to head out on his own without any of his stuff or letting his friends know? That doesn't add up.

From what we can tell, Chris was a smart kid and would tell his friends before ditching-especially at a sketchier area downtown.

Someone knows something, and I'm unsure if I can trust everything that's been said by employees from the Lone Tree Bar. I wish the establishment was still up. I wonder why it closed and if this incident had any relation?

There's way too many things that don't add up for this to be just some accident.

I live on the Mississippi river right down from where this occurred, and not a day goes by where I look out at the water and think about this case. I don't know what happened, but Chris's family and friends deserve justice. I hope someone with more information comes forward.