MN - Daunte Wright, 20, fatally shot by police during traffic stop, Brooklyn Center, 11 April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he was not.
I think he was. And I think it’s important for the public to be made aware of those facts. Early on, the narrative was that he was stopped for having an air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror. It helps explain why the arrest escalated to the use of a taser. And we all know a terrible mistake was made and the officer will be charged.

Daunte Wright accused of choking and robbing woman at gunpoint, had arrest warrant

As Wright and Driver were waiting for their rides, the other woman who stayed behind said Wright allegedly blocked the door, preventing her from leaving. Wright then allegedly pulled a black handgun "with silver trim out from either his right waistband or his right coat pocket," pointed it at the woman and demanded the $820, the court documents say.

The victim asked him, "Are you serious?" to which he allegedly responded, "Give me the f---ing money, I know you have it," according to the court documents.

When she asked again if he was serious, he allegedly told her, "I’m not playing around."

Wright then allegedly choked the woman while trying to pull the cash out from under her bra, where she had tucked it away.

(snip)
She reportedly screamed at them to get out of her apartment, telling them that the cops were close. Wright allegedly told her he would shoot her and said, "Give me the money and we will leave, give me the money and we will go."

He allegedly tried to choke her a second time and tried to take her money, according to the court documents. Driver allegedly told her to give Wright the money. The two men then left the apartment, got into a white Cadillac, and left the scene without the money. The woman later identified Wright and Driver via photo line-ups.

Last edited:
I think he was. And I think it’s important for the public to be made aware of those facts. Early on, the narrative was that he was stopped for having an air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror. It helps explain why the arrest escalated to the use of a taser. And we all know a terrible mistake was made and the officer will be charged
Daunte Wright accused of choking and robbing woman at gunpoint, had arrest warrant

As Wright and Driver were waiting for their rides, the other woman who stayed behind said Wright allegedly blocked the door, preventing her from leaving. Wright then allegedly pulled a black handgun "with silver trim out from either his right waistband or his right coat pocket," pointed it at the woman and demanded the $820, the court documents say.

The victim asked him, "Are you serious?" to which he allegedly responded, "Give me the f---ing money, I know you have it," according to the court documents.

When she asked again if he was serious, he allegedly told her, "I’m not playing around."

Wright then allegedly choked the woman while trying to pull the cash out from under her bra, where she had tucked it away.

(snip)
She reportedly screamed at them to get out of her apartment, telling them that the cops were close. Wright allegedly told her he would shoot her and said, "Give me the money and we will leave, give me the money and we will go."

He allegedly tried to choke her a second time and tried to take her money, according to the court documents. Driver allegedly told her to give Wright the money. The two men then left the apartment, got into a white Cadillac, and left the scene without the money. The woman later identified Wright and Driver via photo line-ups.
And does that justify his death? What is the point of continually posting his alleged crimes?
He was not pulled up because of an outstanding warrant. Why was he pulled over if not for the air fresheners? MOO.

The officer had her gun on the her right side, in a holster. And the taser on her LEFT side, of her uniform, in a holster.

Gotta say, that is a set up for stupid. I am right handed, and in a moment of (fear)? Or whatever the officer was thinking, I can totally see reaching with your dominant hand for a weapon.

It would take supreme mindfulness skills, to remember, in a moment, which side your taser was on your uniform...I am surprised we don't hear about this more often. Doh!

If other, not so rich countries as the US, can train their police to a high standard, I cannot see why the US can't. UK police do not even carry guns and they manage to arrest people.

Not sure how to say this... But Police may also be respected more by a greater number of citizens in other countries... Grew up in Europe and yes, you did what the officer asked... MOO. I have been gone for a long time and things may have changed, but at that time you didn't argue with Policenand definitely didn't try to take off.

The officer had her gun on the her right side, in a holster. And the taser on her LEFT side, of her uniform, in a holster.

Gotta say, that is a set up for stupid. I am right handed, and in a moment of (fear)? Or whatever the officer was thinking, I can totally see reaching with your dominant hand for a weapon.

It would take supreme mindfulness skills, to remember, in a moment, which side your taser was on your uniform...I am surprised we don't hear about this more often. Doh!
I would think a senior officer with 26 years of experience to know the difference.

I think he was. And I think it’s important for the public to be made aware of those facts. Early on, the narrative was that he was stopped for having an air freshener hanging from his rear view mirror. It helps explain why the arrest escalated to the use of a taser. And we all know a terrible mistake was made and the officer will be charged

(snip)

That is NOT the warrant in question.
That case was not due for trial until August '21.
The warrant for which he was sought was for case No.
27 CR 21 4400

Clipped from my prior post: "Smearing" the Victim? @Gibbo214... When someone's prior arrests & convictions are made public, when factual, I do not necessarily see it as smearing. Differing views make for interesting discussion on this informative board."sbm
Can you tell me what the purpose of it is, then?
@Gibbo214 Why does MSM publish any info? What is the purpose of reporting other facts about a person --- education, family members, employment, hobbies, religion, membership in civic organizations, volunteer efforts, etc? IOW, info generally/often seen as positive or flattering?
Factual context re a person and events?

Not sure how to say this... But Police may also be respected more by a greater number of citizens in other countries... Grew up in Europe and yes, you did what the officer asked... MOO. I have been gone for a long time and things may have changed, but at that time you didn't argue with Policenand definitely didn't try to take off.
Yes, but in Europe you did not have police killing people out of fear. It does not surprise me that a young black man would have something to fear from police custody.

And does that justify his death? What is the point of continually posting his alleged crimes?
He was not pulled up because of an outstanding warrant. Why was he pulled over if not for the air fresheners? MOO.
I haven’t heard anyone say it justifies his death. His death is a terrible tragedy. IMO.

I think his crimes are important because it’s the reason he was being arrested. You can be pulled over for any number of things. He wasn’t being arrested because of the air freshener. He was being arrested because his bond was revoked because he violated his probation. It’s important to set the record straight.

Clipped from my prior post: "Smearing" the Victim? @Gibbo214... When someone's prior arrests & convictions are made public, when factual, I do not necessarily see it as smearing. Differing views make for interesting discussion on this informative board."sbm

@Gibbo214 Why does MSM publish any info? What is the purpose of reporting other facts about a person --- education, family members, employment, hobbies, religion, membership in civic organizations, volunteer efforts, etc? IOW, info generally/often seen as positive or flattering?
I haven't seen any of that published about Daunte.

I would think it makes it easier when you don't have to fear a trigger happy cop.

I haven’t heard anyone say it justifies his death. His death is a terrible tragedy. IMO.

I think his crimes are important because it’s the reason he was being arrested. You can be pulled over for any number of things. He wasn’t being arrested because of the air freshener. He was being arrested because his bond was revoked because he violated his probation. It’s important to set the record straight.
The record is set straight in this piece
Police Chief Claims Cop Who Killed Minnesota Black Man Accidentally Fired Gun Instead of Taser

Fact Check: Was Daunte Wright's arrest warrant sent to the wrong address?

and you can check it out yourself here
Search - Minnesota Court Records Online (MCRO)

For some reason I cannot access that site, but if it is true it was the wrong address, this lad did not have a chance.
A wrong address and because of that an officer who used the wrong weapon, killed him and then said 'Oh *advertiser censored*, I shot him' like that was the only explanation needed. I say that when I mistake all purpose flour for cake flour.

I dont know, but I was taught 'If you have nothing good to say, say nothing'. It is obvious why negatives are posted in these cases. It is to blame the victim for his own death.

I actually think that his history has everything to do with the case at hand.
He would likely not have been in this situation if he did not have a warrant for his arrest. If he had complied, instead of trying to escape, he probably would be alive today. My opinion. Thanks.

In my opinion it does when it has nothing to do with the case at hand. When people post criminal records it is, to me, like saying, 'he deserved all he got'.

I actually think that his history has everything to do with the case at hand.
He would likely not have been in this situation if he did not have a warrant for his arrest. If he had complied, instead of trying to escape, he probably would be alive today. My opinion. Thanks.
And he would be alive today if a woman with 26 years on the job had used common sense and not chosen to grab a real gun and murder him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123