MN - Football coach Todd Hoffner charged with using own children in sex videos

my children nude and displaying their anuses to me would be received as a teaching moment by me, not a photo or video op.
Again, I get that I may be hyper vigilant but I am no prude. I am however, very careful about personal space, body image and appropriate privacy in regards to nudity as my children age and develop.

Agreeing to disagree on the topic of nudity and children above the age of toddlers.

BBM, Agreed. I may be wrong but I would be very concerned if my children did this. I, like you am very hyper-vigilant.

different life experiences breed different viewpoints. And that is okay by mine. I can only try to articulate my own.

I am wondering how LE learned of these allegedly "innocent, family" videos in the first place.

His phone wasn't working properly. He brought it in to have it fixed. The videos were discovered on his phone.

Plenty of people were ready to hang, draw and quarter this guy before the facts were out, based only on slightly hysterical reporting.

It is foolhardy in this day in age for anyone working with youngsters to be doing anything at all with naked kids, including recording them.

A cautionary tale. The mud will stick to this guy and his family forever...including his children.

Plenty of people were ready to hang, draw and quarter this guy before the facts were out, based only on slightly hysterical reporting.

It is foolhardy in this day in age for anyone working with youngsters to be doing anything at all with naked kids, including recording them.

A cautionary tale. The mud will stick to this guy and his family forever...including his children.

Thanks for the update SS good to know this was investigated and thought to be just innocent family videos. I'll be the first to admit that my veiw is forever altered by things that happened in my own childhood. I would love to look at things like this and my first thought be "oh there's gotta be an innocent explaination". I don't. I never will. And to be honest, I still think the video's were inappropriate. I would like to believe that the investigators are not like me and they have a more "balanced" veiw. And with that, they were able to dismiss the charges.

That's what I love about Websleuths, I'm not alone in my hyper-vigilant over protectiveness, lol. Alot of people here have looked the devil in the eye so-to-speak and know first hand the true evil in people. So I am jaded and I would give anything to not be. IMOO

Thanks for the update SS good to know this was investigated and thought to be just innocent family videos. I'll be the first to admit that my veiw is forever altered by things that happened in my own childhood. I would love to look at things like this and my first thought be "oh there's gotta be an innocent explaination". I don't. I never will. And to be honest, I still think the video's were inappropriate. I would like to believe that the investigators are not like me and they have a more "balanced" veiw. And with that, they were able to dismiss the charges.

That's what I love about Websleuths, I'm not alone in my hyper-vigilant over protectiveness, lol. Alot of people here have looked the devil in the eye so-to-speak and know first hand the true evil in people. So I am jaded and I would give anything to not be. IMOO

Yep. All of this. Good post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back